Every Youngster Age 18-19 Should Be Required To Serve 3 Years In The Military

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.

The Democrat/PROGRESSIVE/commie party should push hard for that. go for it

Fuck no. I come from a very long line of vets. In fact, you don't have a war or conflict that my family has not been involved in. You may not have my son.

I used to be opposed to conscripted service...until I retired from the military and had to work in the private sector with some of these kids. They could all use a stint...

Bullshit!

With chicken hawks like George Bush still around...how can you even think that? Bush was a draft dodger but still decided to remove Saddam Hussein, a man who had never harmed the U S , from power. The Bush family just didn't like him. He had attempted to assassinate George Herbert Walker Bush in 1993 and that was enough to boil over the Republican "REVENGE" equation. Not to worry....just cost 4500 young Americans their lives and got about 35,000 seriously wounded.

Fuck no. I come from a very long line of vets. In fact, you don't have a war or conflict that my family has not been involved in. You may not have my son.

Then get the word to the Republicans that their right wing agenda is not important enough to send the sons and daughters of others to fight and die.

Bullshit!

With chicken hawks like George Bush still around...how can you even think that? Bush was a draft dodger but still decided to remove Saddam Hussein, a man who had never harmed the U S , from power. The Bush family just didn't like him. He had attempted to assassinate George Herbert Walker Bush in 1993 and that was enough to boil over the Republican "REVENGE" equation. Not to worry....just cost 4500 young Americans their lives and got about 35,000 seriously wounded.
You're reliving your glory years I see. I can well understand why you are avoiding current events. But Bush didn't dodge the draft, that was Clinton.

Then get the word to the Republicans that their right wing agenda is not important enough to send the sons and daughters of others to fight and die.

Libya. Syria. USAID in SA. Proxy wars. You think that using NATO somehow excuses the Democrats? Foreign policy doesn't change.
Get the word to the Democrats that instigating shit in other countries under pretty words like "Spring" and "Democracy" for neoliberal policy increases the odds that my kid will have to go.

I am for it.

There will be no more wars in the ME if our sons and daughters have to do military service.

The politicians know we will vote them out in a heartbeat.

This idea is dumber than hell. I want our leaders making objective decisions on security. I do not want them compromising our security due to personal reasons. The op is a leftist clown probably incapable of governing a 2nd grade class.

This idea is dumber than hell. I want our leaders making objective decisions on security. I do not want them compromising our security due to personal reasons. The op is a leftist clown probably incapable of governing a 2nd grade class.

one that is always angry if anyone disagrees with it.

what a life:rolleyes-41:

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.
Israeli kids turn out to be mostly blood thirsty racist barbarians.

It's a terrible idea.

The military we have today is volunteer. The members of our military have the fight in them. For whatever reasons, they want to do the job of defending our country.

Drafting people that are not geared for fighting is a death sentence. It's like trying to make a pizza delivery guy into a baseball pitcher. If you have no interest in it, you're going to be bad at it, and you will be terrible at it if you object to war, guns or the military.

Like our police officers and fire fighters, you have to have that desire in you.

It's a terrible idea.

The military we have today is volunteer. The members of our military have the fight in them. For whatever reasons, they want to do the job of defending our country.

Drafting people that are not geared for fighting is a death sentence. It's like trying to make a pizza delivery guy into a baseball pitcher. If you have no interest in it, you're going to be bad at it, and you will be terrible at it if you object to war, guns or the military.

Like our police officers and fire fighters, you have to have that desire in you.

Heard once, while I was in the service, for every man on the front lines, there are 9 in support to get him what he needs.

Everyone in the service isnt' needed on the front lines

It's a terrible idea.

Heard once, while I was in the service, for every man on the front lines, there are 9 in support to get him what he needs.

Everyone in the service isnt' needed on the front lines

Perhaps, but what if they find themselves there anyway?

Years ago they tried to turn prisoners into solders. They gave violent offenders the choice of prison or the military. That program didn't work out so well, especially for the military.

One, military service does instill pride, self confidence, and the tools on how to get jobs done.

Two, working with weapons makes one aware of precious is life.

Three, a disciplined "the world is not about just me" environment helps in developing maturity.

Four, Congress will not approve willy nilly sending troops across the globe if the voting electorate really is aware at a personal level of what could be the costs.

Pfffttt.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Forum List

Back