Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation

Do they not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered? There are many questions that we would like to ask. Questions about where the funding is coming from? If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans, as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis.
If Rauf is serious about building bridges, then he could have dedicated space in this so-called community centre to a church and synagogue, but he did not. We passed on this message to him through a mutual Saudi friend, but received no answer. He could have proposed a memorial to the 9/11 dead with a denouncement of the doctrine of armed jihad, but he chose not to.

Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.

i agree, it shows poor taste to build and he used an appropriate analogy as well

I wish with all my heart that this mosque was going to be built by level headed, peace loving Muslims who just want to live their lives as Americans like eveyrbody else. But if they were like that, they would appreciate how inappropriate it is at ground zero and would locate it in a more appropriate place.

My gut tells me though, that their insistence on putting it at ground zero is a strong signal that this mosque is a symbol of victory and triumph over evil America and it will be viewed as exactly that by radical Muslims everywhere.

I wish with all my heart that this mosque was going to be built by level headed, peace loving Muslims who just want to live their lives as Americans like eveyrbody else. But if they were like that, they would appreciate how inappropriate it is at ground zero and would locate it in a more appropriate place.

My gut tells me though, that their insistence on putting it at ground zero is a strong signal that this mosque is a symbol of victory and triumph over evil America and it will be viewed as exactly that by radical Muslims everywhere.

Which is why we need to use our freedom to turn it into a symbol of shame by not letting the radicals on either side of the issue to win.

My gut tells me though, that their insistence on putting it at ground zero is a strong signal that this mosque is a symbol of victory and triw? ph over evil America and it will be viewed as exactly that by radical Muslims everywhere.

Which is why we need to use our freedom to turn it into a symbol of shame by not letting the radicals on either side of the issue to win.
how?''

maybe we can just buy the lot next to it and open a pig slaughterhouse.

My gut tells me though, that their insistence on putting it at ground zero is a strong signal that this mosque is a symbol of victory and triw? ph over evil America and it will be viewed as exactly that by radical Muslims everywhere.

how?''

By surviving longer than they do, just like we did with the USSR.

By mocking them, and laughing when they mock us.

By showing them that freedom makes us strong, not weak.

That's a bit silly. A Muslim well-versed in ahadith should know that opening a church and synagogue is unnecessary; mosques can accommodate Jewish and Christian worshippers in accordance with the Prophet's (SAWS) actions in Madinah. She should also know that "armed jihad" is a religious obligation as long as oppression of Muslims persists. I sense an Uncle Tom.

That's a bit silly. A Muslim well-versed in ahadith should know that opening a church and synagogue is unnecessary; mosques can accommodate Jewish and Christian worshippers in accordance with the Prophet's (SAWS) actions in Madinah. She should also know that "armed jihad" is a religious obligation as long as oppression of Muslims persists. I sense an Uncle Tom.

What happened to the bald faced lie that Islam was a religion of Peace?

Do they not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered? There are many questions that we would like to ask. Questions about where the funding is coming from? If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans, as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis.
If Rauf is serious about building bridges, then he could have dedicated space in this so-called community centre to a church and synagogue, but he did not. We passed on this message to him through a mutual Saudi friend, but received no answer. He could have proposed a memorial to the 9/11 dead with a denouncement of the doctrine of armed jihad, but he chose not to.

Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.
You thought Fox would have a Muslim on who was for the Mosque?

That phrase seems to be tossed around by people like you more often than it is by people like me. Peace is quite often the result of war.

Really?

I could walk into a mosque in Saudi Arabia with my wife and worship God as I see fit? A mosque can no more accommodate a Christian or a Jew than a Church or a synagogue could accommodate a Muslim. By trying to claim otherwise you are supporting terrorism and murder through taqiyya. You have just outed yourself here for all to see.

I have something to say to you about that, fuck you and your lying, pig eating, false prophet.

That phrase seems to be tossed around by people like you more often than it is by people like me. Peace is quite often the result of war.
There can be no peace without war.
Firesign Theater

I entered many mosques in Turkey. No problem.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.
but then the eastern orthodox and RCC have areas they wont let anyone in if they arent members of that religion

Would gays kissing be tolerated in church?

Really?

I could walk into a mosque in Saudi Arabia with my wife and worship God as I see fit?
Probably not, because Saudi Arabia is ruled by an apostate regime that has forsaken Islam and masquerades its backward, contrived legal code as the law of Allah (SWT.)

A mosque can no more accommodate a Christian or a Jew than a Church or a synagogue could accommodate a Muslim.
This statement is inconsistent with certain historical realities. Bukhari explains how the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) allowed the Christians of Najran to stay in his mosque in Madinah. When the time came for them to pray, they did so and the Muslims were instructed to leave them alone during their worship.

By trying to claim otherwise you are supporting terrorism and murder through taqiyya. You have just outed yourself here for all to see
Of course. When Brother Osama sent me here to herald the coming of Islam to USMB, he warned me that my intricate web of Muslim lies might be exposed by a steadfast crusader known only as "Quantum Windbag."

I have something to say to you about that, fuck you and your lying, pig eating, false prophet.
Three out of ten. Next time, use more expletives and make at least one reference to him being a "murderer" or a "pedophile."

Mischief in Manhattan

Terrible analogy. With Srebrenica there was a war going on between millions of peoples. This was 17 religious zealots in aeroplanes. Huge difference.

That aside, this is at least a couple of streets away from ground zero and was decided upon before 9-11.

And thanks for telling us what A Muslim thinks...

I saw people praying. Are you under the impression that there are "secret" areas?
Muslims honor Jesus, as a prophet, but not the son of God.
The Koran mentions Mary, mother of Jesus.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back