ever want MORE children? (than you already have?)

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Just thinking recently about kids...Discussing kids with my brother the point was raised "I wonder 'who' my next kid will grow into? Who they will become?"

We have 2 now...seems plenty; we don't want more - but don't have a good reason not to. It mostly stems from convenience.

Pretty sad...I know...:(

Anyone regret not having more kids?

-=d=- said:
Just thinking recently about kids...Discussing kids with my brother the point was raised "I wonder 'who' my next kid will grow into? Who they will become?"

We have 2 now...seems plenty; we don't want more - but don't have a good reason not to. It mostly stems from convenience.

Pretty sad...I know...:(

Anyone regret not having more kids?

I'm happy with one but would consider adoption if the circumstance were right

I have four... not exactly planned! But each one is precious. My baby is now three. When I think of never having another baby of my own, I want to cry. But then I think of four teenagers, four college educations... Four might be enough! ;)

dilloduck said:
I'm happy with one but would consider adoption if the circumstance were right

I thought about that - but...to me, it'd feel weird adopting a kid...we can make our own, ya know? Perhaps if there was a shorter list of parents seeking than there was kids hoping...

:-/

mom4 said:
I have four... not exactly planned! But each one is precious. My baby is now three. When I think of never having another baby of my own, I want to cry. But then I think of four teenagers, four college educations... Four might be enough! ;)

I have 2 that are teenagers. We are trying to adopt a 3 y/o toddler - she lives with us already for the most part.....but regarding the teens, I have but one piece of advice....be afraid....be very, very afraid. lol

I thought that colic was rough - I thought the terrible twos were hard - I thought that potty training would be the end of me....but all of it was a walk in the park compared to teens.

The 3 y/o is so sweet....but I know that one day that she too will be a teen.

God help us.

MyName said:
I have 2 that are teenagers. We are trying to adopt a 3 y/o toddler - she lives with us already for the most part.....but regarding the teens, I have but one piece of advice....be afraid....be very, very afraid. lol

I thought that colic was rough - I thought the terrible twos were hard - I thought that potty training would be the end of me....but all of it was a walk in the park compared to teens.

The 3 y/o is so sweet....but I know that one day that she too will be a teen.

God help us.

my son Nathan is not even 2 and he already has the attitude of a teenager.... he will go up to the birdcage, knowing full well he is not supposed to touch it at all, because he likes to shake it, and give me the look like "say no all you want, i'm still gonna do it!", laughing even when i tell him no. to him, it's a game. :bang3: ...what happened to my perfect little angel??!!

Tim and I are planning another one after we hit Vegas this August--we must be insane... :cuckoo:

fuzzykitten99 said:
my son Nathan is not even 2 and he already has the attitude of a teenager.... he will go up to the birdcage, knowing full well he is not supposed to touch it at all, because he likes to shake it, and give me the look like "say no all you want, i'm still gonna do it!", laughing even when i tell him no. to him, it's a game. :bang3: ...what happened to my perfect little angel??!!

That would be grounds for a spanking in my house. Do you let him continue to think it's a game?

gop_jeff said:
That would be grounds for a spanking in my house. Do you let him continue to think it's a game?
no, cuz we tried that(just a light swat), and he started hitting us when he was mad at us if he didn't get his way...so we are putting him on time-outs in his room...and it seems to be working ok. it has worked for other bad habits and such...this one is taking longer, because he is getting bolder.

there are only 2-3 other things we have to scold him on...otherwise he is actually pretty well behaved for his age, 20 months. it's just that little devil streak that happens usually when he's tired.

-=d=- said:
ever want MORE children? (than you already have?)

Why? You try'n to get rid of yours? :laugh:

Okay, seriously - yes, but it is too late now, so we accept that.

fuzzykitten99 said:
no, cuz we tried that(just a light swat), and he started hitting us when he was mad at us if he didn't get his way...so we are putting him on time-outs in his room...and it seems to be working ok. it has worked for other bad habits and such...this one is taking longer, because he is getting bolder.

there are only 2-3 other things we have to scold him on...otherwise he is actually pretty well behaved for his age, 20 months. it's just that little devil streak that happens usually when he's tired.

why not put the birdcage out of reach....then he is not tempted and you don't have to spank him

Said1 said:
Hey, never say never. That's what I said - a lot! :eek:

Technically, true. But we have resigned ourselves to giving up. Mainly because we know that if we bring a child into our lives now, it will be a major undertaking and not one that we any longer want to tackle. I guess we have become too "comfortable" without kids and are worried that it would just be too much of an undertaking.....

freeandfun1 said:
Technically, true. But we have resigned ourselves to giving up. Mainly because we know that if we bring a child into our lives now, it will be a major undertaking and not one that we any longer want to tackle. I guess we have become too "comfortable" without kids and are worried that it would just be too much of an undertaking.....

No one knows the above better than you, but my sister was born when my mother was 39. Ooops she did it again. :D

mom4 said:

Ya think! :D

What about that pregnancy scare a few months ago! :eek2:

Forum List

Back