Even An Eternal Optimist Has To Cry Over Stimulus Job Costs...

Simply dividing the estimated number of jobs created or saved into cost of the stimulus bill doesn't produce an accurate value of the stimulus.

Truthfully, there is no telling whether the stimulus package was worth it or not. It's not all about the jobs that were created as much as the jobs that were saved. How many that is, nobody can truly tell. It could be that the stimulus package didn't save any jobs. On the other hand, without, we might be at 20% unemployment right now.

Good points but i think the real Unemployment Number is already close to 20%. I just see way too much Fuzzy Math to believe we're under 10% Unemployment. Also,most of these Stimulus created Jobs were likely Government Jobs. I think the Taxpayers got royally reamed again. We're supposed to be celebrating paying between $225k and $600k per job? That's just ludicrous to me. It makes no sense.

Do you see dead people too?

I guess it cost a lot to buy job what with Union expenses and finding a government workers who actually works all day. Then we can get into the the Acorn vote buying, it cost to hire a van to take people to the polls and have someone stand with them to show them how to vote.

Bush was not great shake but compared to Obama he is positively wonderful. At least he thinks like an American.

Truthfully, there is no telling whether the stimulus package was worth it or not. It's not all about the jobs that were created as much as the jobs that were saved. How many that is, nobody can truly tell. It could be that the stimulus package didn't save any jobs. On the other hand, without, we might be at 20% unemployment right now.
So how are we supposed to evaluate the effectiveness of the program? By faith alone?
That's bullshit. I want to know what I got for my $1 trillion. The answer appears to be nothing but waste, fraud and political payoff.
Phooey on Democrats (and big gov Republicans) and their phoney stimuluses. they don't do anything except make people look good. Or bad in this case.

So how are we supposed to evaluate the effectiveness of the program? By faith alone?
That's bullshit. I want to know what I got for my $1 trillion. The answer appears to be nothing but waste, fraud and political payoff.
Phooey on Democrats (and big gov Republicans) and their phoney stimuluses. they don't do anything except make people look good. Or bad in this case.

Deeper in debt

Simply dividing the estimated number of jobs created or saved into cost of the stimulus bill doesn't produce an accurate value of the stimulus.

In part because there is no reliable figure for "jobs created or saved." That is such bullshit even the White House doesnt use the term anymore.

New Topics

Forum List

Back