Euthanasia

No, it's not. The coward's way is to give a shot to hurry dying up.

It is inhuman and cowardly to remove a respirator, food and water and allow a patient to gasp for air or starve and dehydrate for days because we lack the will to do what is best for a person living their last days on earth

Once the decision is made, there are no miracles as the patient springs to life and says..."I feel better now". It is painful for the patient and the family

An injection allows someone to die with dignity

It is inhuman and cowardly to remove a respirator, food and water and allow a patient to gasp for air or starve and dehydrate for days because we lack the will to do what is best for a person living their last days on earth

Once the decision is made, there are no miracles as the patient springs to life and says..."I feel better now". It is painful for the patient and the family

An injection allows the family to not have to suffer watching their loved one die a natural death.

We don't all die peacefullly, like in the movies. We die how we live.

Check into hospice care. They are the best bet for helping someone die a natural death and relatively at ease.

but when do you know its over.....the doctors prepared me for my mother to die....in mid july.....now the old one is up doing rehab and walking 6 miles a day....(she cons the aides into believing she has permission)....what if i had opted to put her down?

she has a living will but i have the power....i can simply ignore her living will.....that is what people do not get....you can do all these papers and express all these wishes but if the next of kin wont do it.....it wont be done...i have read her living will again and again.....trying to figure out the gray areas....i assure you its not an easy task to decide health care for someone else....much less deciding when someone should die or if they should die....

An injection allows the family to not have to suffer watching their loved one die a natural death.

Check into hospice care. They are the best bet for helping someone die a natural death and relatively at ease.

not really,,...hospice is more there to monitor the drugs....

Euthanasia isn't allowing people who are dying a peaceful option. It's legalizing murder for convenience sake. That's the long and short of it.

Bullshit! You would allow a dog or a cat the mercy of being 'put to sleep' why wouldn't you allow a human the dignity of passing away when all hope has gone? People who claim to be kind to animals yet don't hold the same concept for human misery seem to have perverted priorities.

I am with Joe on this. No way would I want to live as a dwindling vegetable. It's no good for me and the pressure it puts on family and loved ones is something I wouldn't want to be responsible for.

We die how we die. Other than that, good recommendations.

And this is what happens...we've removed all sense of responsibility of family from the process of death. Not only do they no longer bear the financial burden for the most part, they don't have to provide care any more, either. And the result of that is when they DO see pain, suffering, and the advent of death, they freak out..."KILL THEM OFF KILL THEM OFF OH THE HUMANITY!"

Grow up. Dying is a part of death. You don't get to hurry it along, or make the decision for other people that it's their time.

This is exactly the reason this kind of discussion should be had and had with family and family practitioners/doctors. Within the first page of this topic, that was the angle I choose to approach for the very reason of addressing this issue first and foremost. It IS our responsibility and an immense honor to represent such levels devoted love and gratitude toward those who are the root to our very existence. It is not about a desire to *just* kill any one off, it is about not forcing them to continue or to be manipulated into an extended period of sickness.

And this is what happens...we've removed all sense of responsibility of family from the process of death. Not only do they no longer bear the financial burden for the most part, they don't have to provide care any more, either. And the result of that is when they DO see pain, suffering, and the advent of death, they freak out..."KILL THEM OFF KILL THEM OFF OH THE HUMANITY!"

Grow up. Dying is a part of death. You don't get to hurry it along, or make the decision for other people that it's their time.

Who are you to tell people to grow up because they hold a different view to you! I suggest it's you who needs to do the growing up!

Euthanasia isn't allowing people who are dying a peaceful option. It's legalizing murder for convenience sake. That's the long and short of it.

Bullshit! You would allow a dog or a cat the mercy of being 'put to sleep' why wouldn't you allow a human the dignity of passing away when all hope has gone? People who claim to be kind to animals yet don't hold the same concept for human misery seem to have perverted priorities.

I am with Joe on this. No way would I want to live as a dwindling vegetable. It's no good for me and the pressure it puts on family and loved ones is something I wouldn't want to be responsible for.

You think this now. I've worked with many people who were very ill and dying and who had DNR orders. They all rescinded them when push came to shove.

but when do you know its over.....the doctors prepared me for my mother to die....in mid july.....now the old one is up doing rehab and walking 6 miles a day....(she cons the aides into believing she has permission)....what if i had opted to put her down?

she has a living will but i have the power....i can simply ignore her living will.....that is what people do not get....you can do all these papers and express all these wishes but if the next of kin wont do it.....it wont be done...i have read her living will again and again.....trying to figure out the gray areas....i assure you its not an easy task to decide health care for someone else....much less deciding when someone should die or if they should die....

This is exactly one reason why this discussion and paperwork, though a major importance, should not be the only thing used in determining such factors. Some people DO bounce back, some come back better than they had been for years. It isn't always understood, in fact, it is rarely every understood, but that makes it all the more important of a topic to be discussed and discussed at length.

What does your mother have to say now? Papers become outdated and as there are health changes the papers should perhaps always reflect that change. Perhaps keeping a track record of her improvements and to what levels her abilities fluctuate so that if there is ever another dip in her health it won't necessarily be assumed as detrimental as the first experience had been.

My grandma passed in the most peaceful environment we could provide for her, but she was with us, her family, and even my children... as young as they were at the time... were shown this is how 'we' do things here. There is no passing the buck when it comes to taking care of loved ones. If it is in any way possible and logical, we do so to the best of our combined abilities.

You think this now. I've worked with many people who were very ill and dying and who had DNR orders. They all rescinded them when push came to shove.

No. I know it now. I recently had major surgery for cancer. I lost certain internal organs which have impacted on my quality of life. I am clear now, but if cancer returns I have deemed that further treatment will not be an option. Kindly do not profess to know more about me than I know myself.

No. I know it now. I recently had major surgery for cancer. I lost certain internal organs which have impacted on my quality of life. I am clear now, but if cancer returns I have deemed that further treatment will not be an option. Kindly do not profess to know more about me than I know myself.

You're right. I don't know you. I only know my own experience with people who are dying. You have a right to your own experience.

I'm sorry if my post upset you. All I know is all I know. I have worked with many dying people.

You're right. I don't know you. I only know my own experience with people who are dying. You have a right to your own experience.

I'm sorry if my post upset you. All I know is all I know. I have worked with many dying people.

Your post didn't upset me. I'm just telling you how it is.

Your post didn't upset me. I'm just telling you how it is.

I hear you. It's your life, not mine. It's your decision, always.

7 days in a hospital bed staring at the ceiling, not being able to eat, or take fluids by mouth convinced me that I would rather die swiftly then lay there with a tube in my cock pissing in a can, and having a nurse wipe shit off my legs while days of our lives plays in the background is not how I want to spend my last days, hours of life. Get it done, or I will spend every ounce of strength I have to do it my self.

However, there is a difference between Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide.

Obviously you recovered from your experience in the hospital. If Euthanasia were legal, whoever is the beneficiary of your life insurance policy could have pulled the plug on you on day six of your hospital stay and we would not have the pleasure of your presence here with us.

That is the problem with Euthanasia. I have mixed feelings about Assisted Suicide. I have no mixed feelings about Euthanasia. Euthanasia is an out for the greedy and the murderous.

Immie

My grandpa was 72 and about 4 months passed the date his doctor said he'd die from cancer.

The whole time though things were decent, he was losing his bodily functions but my dad works in a hospital and I was there so we helped him with all that stuff and it wasn't a big problem. (we essentially moved in with him his last 4-6 months).

However on his last day my grandpa woke up wailing in pain, you could tell he was in total agony, my dad just kept giving him more and more and more liquid morphine and my grandpa kept taking it until he essentially fell asleep/passed out and he never woke up. So my dad basically euthanized him rather than putting him through continuous unbearable pain until he was most certainly going to die anyway that same day.

Morally, I've always been proud of what my dad did. Hopefully in the same circumstances my son does the same for me.

My grandpa was 72 and about 4 months passed the date his doctor said he'd die from cancer.

The whole time though things were decent, he was losing his bodily functions but my dad works in a hospital and I was there so we helped him with all that stuff and it wasn't a big problem. (we essentially moved in with him his last 4-6 months).

However on his last day my grandpa woke up wailing in pain, you could tell he was in total agony, my dad just kept giving him more and more and more liquid morphine and my grandpa kept taking it until he essentially fell asleep/passed out and he never woke up. So my dad basically euthanized him rather than putting him through continuous unbearable pain until he was most certainly going to die anyway that same day.

Morally, I've always been proud of what my dad did. Hopefully in the same circumstances my son does the same for me.

I would not call what your dad did euthanasia. He allowed your grandpa to die naturally and pain free. It's good hospice care.

I would not call what your dad did euthanasia. He allowed your grandpa to die naturally and pain free. It's good hospice care.

administering a lethal dose of opiates IS euthanasia. if he was hospitalized he would have been denied lethal doses of opiates no matter how much pain he was in.

administering a lethal dose of opiates IS euthanasia. if he was hospitalized he would have been denied lethal doses of opiates no matter how much pain he was in.

First of all, we don't know that a lethal dose was administered. We know he was given morphine for his pain, PRN. That is standard hospice practice. Oral morphine solution begins working quickly, usually within 15 minutes. It only lasts for 4 hours; however, so some patients may find they have to use it often. Morphine can also be delivered as a suppository (inserted into the rectum) for patients who need longer-acting dosing but cannot swallow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back