Euthanasia.Right or wrong?

jillian said:
Depends on how you define "saving".

I just think in listening to what someone says, it's important to know where they're coming from.

True and a point of view coming from a religious point of view is not such a terrible thing.

Bonnie said:
My Grandmother had a stroke which left her in a coma like state, but she could respond with her eyes and even cry when one of us came in the room. My grandfather was willing to do whatever it took for her to get well or not, but Florida likes to kill em quickly to make room for the next one, so he and all of us had no say in whether she lived or died. Her prognosis was not hopeless, but the doctors had to pull the plug, state rules... I can't imagine how my grandfather felt watching them kill her.

I am sorry for what your family went through. I think decisions like that should be made by the next-of-kin or someone else the person might designate, though I'm not certain why the doctors "had" to pull the plug.

Bonnie said:
My Grandmother had a stroke which left her in a coma like state, but she could respond with her eyes and even cry when one of us came in the room. My grandfather was willing to do whatever it took for her to get well or not, but Florida likes to kill em quickly to make room for the next one, so he and all of us had no say in whether she lived or died. Her prognosis was not hopeless, but the doctors had to pull the plug, state rules... I can't imagine how my grandfather felt watching them kill her.
How come they had to?

The ClayTaurus said:
How come they had to?

In Florida at that time doctors had the say over pulling the plug based on what their assessment of the patient was, not based on what the family wishes were. I don't know what their modus operendi is these days. My feeling was and still is that since Florida has a high rate of elderly people, rules were enacted to give doctors final say over patients. Maybe Im incorrect about that?

Call it euthanasia, assisted suicide, death with dignity, whatever the hell ya want. It beats the hell outta a shotgun in the mouth!

I'm for it. If it ever came to that, Give a choice, clean or messy.

I'll let God pull the plug...thank you very much! Either ya believe or don't believe...if the body is still alive and hooked up...well if God wants ya he will take ya...if he doesn't take ya he doesn't want ya yet...if he leaves you with pain so be it...maybe a test?(Faith)

I'm not sure how I feel about the topic personally, by that I mean for myself and my family. However, for the nation - I agree with Jillian.

We can not base a law on a Christian (or any other religions) views/opinions of suicide.

Now, if there are other reasons to oppose assisted suicide (and I think there are a few) I think those could be the reason for a law against it...but not "approving" of suicide from a religious standpoint can not/should not be the basis of this law.

Forum List

Back