Europe: New Solar Capacity 10 Times Cheaper than Gas, says Rystad

Well, your "source" thought it was important enough to their claim that they linked it.
Typical clueless liberals. Can't do math for shit.
I would guess they thought it informative. I doubt they had access to their actual tax forms. I'm going to be frank here Todd. It might be acceptable for you to say that [fill-in-the-blank-with-individual-name] can't do math for shit but when you make generalizations like your last sentence, you're simply lying. You KNOW that statement is demonstrably false yet you made it anyway. That's a LIE Todd. And more and more disappointing.

I would guess they thought it informative. I doubt they had access to their actual tax forms. I'm going to be frank here Todd. It might be acceptable for you to say that [fill-in-the-blank-with-individual-name] can't do math for shit but when you make generalizations like your last sentence, you're simply lying. You KNOW that statement is demonstrably false yet you made it anyway. That's a LIE Todd. And more and more disappointing.

I would guess they thought it informative.

Of course, because people who don't understand the math thinks it means Exxon paid 2.8% tax on
their earnings.

It might be acceptable for you to say that [fill-in-the-blank-with-individual-name] can't do math for shit but when you make generalizations like your last sentence, you're simply lying.

Can you show the math that proves they paid 2.8%?

2+2=4?

I realize this is probably more your subject than mine, Todd, but I'm sorry to say that I trust the folks at Center for American Progress, who published that article, more than I trust you, to do an accurate financial analysis.

Last edited:
2+2=4?

I realize this is probably more your subject than mine, Todd, but I'm sorry to say that I trust the folks at Center for American Progress, who published that article, more than I trust you, to do an accurate financial analysis.

The idea that the government has been paying the oil companies.
That's your subject.

I trust the folks at Center for American Progress, who published that article, more than I trust you

Obviously. They couldn't survive without suckers like you.

1669901668839.png

From the same 10-K they linked. DURR

As generously as all the world's other major corporations?
Exxon payed 2.8%. I generally pay 11% and I'm fucking retired.
Looks like it’s not just limited to these 19 companies. So it’s misleading in that regard.

So you are finally figuring out that our system of taxation is broken? Surprise!!!

The idea that the government has been paying the oil companies.
That's your subject.

I trust the folks at Center for American Progress, who published that article, more than I trust you

Obviously. They couldn't survive without suckers like you.

View attachment 733201
From the same 10-K they linked. DURR
That would seem to include foreign taxes. Can you pull out which figures produce that 31% figure.

View attachment 733237

10,392/33,990 = 30.5736%

The better question is, can you backup CAP's 2.8% claim?
Especially after you see the 31% figure.
I can't, but I'm having a hard time believing that Exxon paid 31% income taxes. The statement in the outer article noted $236 million in taxes on $9 billion in income, not the numbers here. And if I was an Exxon stockholder, I would be more than a little upset that Exxon was paying 31% income taxes. Kinda makes you wonder what the Trump tax cut was for.

I can't, but I'm having a hard time believing that Exxon paid 31% income taxes. The statement in the outer article noted $236 million in taxes on $9 billion in income, not the numbers here. And if I was an Exxon stockholder, I would be more than a little upset that Exxon was paying 31% income taxes. Kinda makes you wonder what the Trump tax cut was for.

The statement in the outer article noted $236 million in taxes on $9 billion in income, not the numbers here.

I know. You'd think CAP would do a better job linking to their numbers,
not just linking to a 144 page 10-K.

The statement in the outer article noted $236 million in taxes on $9 billion in income, not the numbers here.

I know. You'd think CAP would do a better job linking to their numbers,
not just linking to a 144 page 10-K.I ask again, do YOU think Exxon paid 31% income taxes? I'd think such an event would result in a massive sell-off of Exxon stock.

Do YOU think Exxon paid 31% income taxes? I don't and I think such an event would result in a massive sell-off of Exxon stock.

Do YOU think Exxon paid 31% income taxes? I don't and I think such an event would result in a massive sell-off of Exxon stock.

Do YOU think Exxon paid 31% income taxes?

You think they paid 2.8%?

I don't and I think such an event would result in a massive sell-off of Exxon stock.

I know, your understanding of financial markets is very thin.

Forum List

Back