Europe hits a milestone: 120 degrees, highest in European recorded history.

Well that's funny.

Sure sounds like someone with godlike powers to me. How else could one know "things breathed just fine" hundreds of millions of years ago? Things like what? Scissors, rocks, paper? Why would anyone care about that? Breathing fine = having a climate, wtf?

Jeez, you spineless invertebrate. Once you've gone there you can't just turn around and answer my question anyway. Show a little backbone!

There ya go. See, I knew you could do it. So we agree -- climate changes. You don't really want to deny that. And now for the piece de resistance.. Is it possible that the rate of climate change has begun increasing and that that's what climate scientists actually mean and worry about when they use the term climate change?

Allow me to illustrate with an example. Let's say climate is like speed in ft./sec. Just bear with me. Now say you're watching an anemometer for a bit and it changes from 5 to 7, 8, 6, 3, and back to five ft./sec. Averages 5.667 ft./sec. Wow, now you have an average rate. No one really cares. But wait.. You also measured how long you were watching.. 51 seconds. Now you know the rate of change over the entire period was 0.111ft./sec./sec. Neato! Kind of sounds useful like acceleration or something! We can actually start predicting stuff and modeling things with that sort of data.

Sure, sparky. You'll have a point there the moment you manage to quote, not just me, but anyone here doing that.. except one of your fellow denier idiots, of course.

Gee, and now why do you suppose I asked?

That's what you were supposedly responding to. Your response was not only "a non starter" but typical, pathetic, desperate simply to distract, denier crapola. Yeah, I bet you seriously believe we can't see right through all of this lame expert posturing and haven't heard it all thousands of times already. Well, we have. Grab a real education. Get a clue. Then you'll at least be a challenging denier like Reiny Days.
Boy I spun you up huh? You climate whackos are a special breed.

When did climate begin? How is that relevant to the topic? Has climate ever changed?

"Europe hits a milestone: 120 degrees, highest in European recorded history."

Climate is ALWAYS changing.

Read a book for damned sake!

From Wikipeida's article on Southern Europe. Southern Europe is NOT a desert.

Climate​

European climate. The Köppen-Geiger climates map is presented by the Climatic Research Unit of the University of East Anglia and the Global Precipitation Climatology Center of the Deutscher Wetterdienst.
Southern Europe's most emblematic climate is the Mediterranean climate, influenced by the large subtropical semi-permanent centre of high atmospheric pressure found, not in the Mediterranean itself, but in the Atlantic Ocean, the Azores High. The Mediterranean climate covers Portugal, Spain, Italy, the southern coast of France, coastal Croatia, coastal Slovenia, southern Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, and Greece, as well as the Mediterranean islands. Those areas of Mediterranean climate present similar vegetations and landscapes throughout, including dry hills, small plains, pine forests and olive trees.

Cooler climates can be found in certain parts of Southern European countries, for example within the mountain ranges of Spain and Italy. Additionally, the north coast of Spain experiences a wetter Atlantic climate.

Some parts of Southern Europe have humid subtropical climates with warm and wet summers, unlike typical Mediterranean climates. This climate is mainly found in Italy and Croatia around the Adriatic Sea in cities such as Venice and Trieste.

Southern Europe is NORTH of the Mediterranean, dumbass!

A single day..lol…What is it you do not understand about heat waves and unprecedented wild fires throughout Southern Europe?

On ANY single day in the temperate zones, the temp high is anywhere's between +8 and -8 degrees of it's 30 year average within a sigma of statistical distribution.. At the poles, this variance is much greater. Events DO occur above a couple sigma, but you have 365 chances a year to set "an all time high".. Probably somewhere else, like in East RussiA, they set an all-time low on that day..

Anyone that is SHOCKED and have their hair on fire about ONE day record, just isnt familiar with the variance.. THis is weather, not climate..

How much has the earth "warmed" in your lifetime Johnlaw? About 0.7DegF... DID THAT CAUSE the 120 deg day??

Forum List

Back