ESPN Laying Off Top On Air Talent

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
"Talent" is a subjective description of Keyshawn Johnson, who. thankfully, is gone. Getting rid of he and Max Kellerman is a huge win for viewers. The morning show of those two and Jay Williams was worth listening to for the entertainment value that comes from listening to something truly awful.

I have Sling, which lets you choose a package that doesn't include $8 per month for ESPN. I haven't watched it for years, mainly because they talk football throughout baseball season, hockey season, basketball season, pickleball season. They can't stop talking about football.

That said, I enjoy Max Kellerman on boxing broadcasts on the pay channels.

"Talent" is a subjective description of Keyshawn Johnson, who. thankfully, is gone. Getting rid of he and Max Kellerman is a huge win for viewers. The morning show of those two and Jay Williams was worth listening to for the entertainment value that comes from listening to something truly awful.

ESPN is just not a big deal on my radar regardless of the talent! Periodically they go thru "purges" w/ high egos & demanding stars who need to be taken down a peg or 3! I barely know anything about baseball & haven't watched a whole game in almost 2 decades! They're losing my fave sport of tennis and lost the Thurs. Nite NFL game! I half-pay attn. to basketball! Sportscenter hasn't been "must see" for years! The only thing I still watch religiously is PTI & ATH during the week! :omg: :confused::dunno::stir:

I stopped listening to ESPN radio shortly after Mike & Mike signed off for the last time.
And who the fuck was "Zubin"?

I can't miss PTI, it is required viewing, other than that, ESPN is pretty much garbage. Get Up is worth watching during the football season because of Mike Greenberg.

The other day Dan Orlovsky proved his bona fides by saying "Lamar Jackson wasn't offered a big contract because he is black, there, I said it" and the other talking heads, who were black, (Orlovsky is white) all nodded in agreement and stated why they thought he was mistreated because he is black, and I about threw up.

This network takes WOKE to the next level.

I can't miss PTI, it is required viewing, other than that, ESPN is pretty much garbage. Get Up is worth watching during the football season because of Mike Greenberg.

The other day Dan Orlovsky proved his bona fides by saying "Lamar Jackson wasn't offered a big contract because he is black, there, I said it" and the other talking heads, who were black, (Orlovsky is white) all nodded in agreement and stated why they thought he was mistreated because he is black, and I about threw up.

This network takes WOKE to the next level.

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but the reason Jackson got screwed was his being poorly advised w/ his mother being his negotiator! He hosed himself by not get a true professional to sew up that contract! :stir:

ESPN is slowly becoming women dominated. We need simulcast radio options with men doing the broadcasts and mute the TV's. I remember doing this and many others also decades ago. There has to be no several second delay and it has to be aligned.

ESPN is slowly becoming women dominated. We need simulcast radio options with men doing the broadcasts and mute the TV's. I remember doing this and many others also decades ago. There has to be no several second delay and it has to be aligned.

They've been trying to increase the women's sport market for years; pushing jerseys, jackets., & hats! Now they overdoing the female anchor thing here & on FoxSpt! I can do w/o the move! It's running me away! :heehee:

I have Sling, which lets you choose a package that doesn't include $8 per month for ESPN. I haven't watched it for years, mainly because they talk football throughout baseball season, hockey season, basketball season, pickleball season. They can't stop talking about football.

Sling is DOGSHIT. You better get YOutubeTV

Im a NFL fanatic and it annoys the hell out of me too. Im like........."can I get a vacation from the NFL?"

The Key was the only talking head on ESPN with a clue...

It should have been

ES "KEY" N

We are eventually if this does not stop have a totally female dominated broadcasting agenda talking about men playing ports where many of them would phuk and kill the female broadcasters if things got bad enough and if the women were ugly skip the phukin. We are reducing men to primal levels more and more and think that emasculating a good percentage of them is a permanent thing. I am not or never wanting to force people to change their minds more than telling them how it ends. How it always ends.

They laid off Steve Young, which is a big loss, and an even bigger loss is Jeff Van Gundy, an excellent color guy on their #1 NBA broadcast team. His brother is already doing TNT, and Jeff is much better than Stan, so I wonder if he goes there.

One of the reasons they are laying people off is the salaries they are paying Aikman, Buck, and the $17 million a year they are now paying Pat McAfee.

We are eventually if this does not stop have a totally female dominated broadcasting agenda talking about men playing ports where many of them would phuk and kill the female broadcasters if things got bad enough and if the women were ugly skip the phukin. We are reducing men to primal levels more and more and think that emasculating a good percentage of them is a permanent thing. I am not or never wanting to force people to change their minds more than telling them how it ends. How it always ends.
What the actual fuck?

One of the first truly WOKE channels.

I had also mostly put them on mute long long ago when they statred playing “music” (as they were talking) during Sportcenter highlights as the extra noise made me angry.

the women are on MLB NFL NBA CH, every sports talk show raio or TV. Some chick in 6” heels and a mini skirt telling me how DeLaCruz can flatout “rake”. Or how they took a hit across the middle once in pop warner….. Smh.

Sling is DOGSHIT. You better get YOutubeTV
What am I missing with Sling that I can get with YouTubeTV?

I subscribe to:

HBO Max
Amazon Prime Video (comes with Prime)
Disney+ - Hulu - ESPN+ (package deal - ESPN+ is mostly soccer, crap)
AppleTV
Netflix
Paramount Plus
MLB TV
Sling

I'm really not lacking for TV viewing options. I'm thinking of dropping Sling mainly because I no longer watch any CNN and it seems as though I'm only keeping it for MSNBC. I don't need TBS, TNT, USA, BBC America, FX, Food Network, or any of the other channels that play 4 minutes of commercials every 6 minutes of content, slicing scenes out of movies in order to fit even more commercials. And it's always the same damn commercials. Pharmaceuticals, anti-AIDS medicines, and those fucking Burger King spots. Over and over and over.

They had just signed Johnson last year to a fully guaranteed 5 year, $18 million dollar contract, so he gets paid all of that. I wonder if he goes somewhere else if that contract is still guaranteed. That dude remains the most annoying voice in all of sports broadcasting. Many don't like Stephen. A. Smith but that guy is good at what he does, even if you don't like him. Keyshawn is pathetic.

Forum List

Back