English are 'healthier than Americans at all ages'

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
England is 'healthier than the US' despite spending less on healthcare | Mail Online

People living in England enjoy better health over their lifetime compared to their American cousins, U.S. researchers say.
Despite higher levels of spending on healthcare in the United States, rates of disease are considerably lower in England.
Researchers from Columbia University and Princeton University compared the health of residents in the United States and England from childhood to 80 years.

Read more: England is 'healthier than the US' despite spending less on healthcare | Mail Online

Yeah, I saw that.
I think our life expectancy is adversely affected by our really high murder rate, and that's probably why they didn't refer to it.

Yeah, I saw that.
I think our life expectancy is adversely affected by our really high murder rate, and that's probably why they didn't refer to it.

We don't have a 'really high murder rate'. In fact, we're quite far down the murder rate by country list.

However, they should have compared us to the French.... then we'd look really really bad.

It because Americans work harder, are under more stress on average and eat like shit. The obesity levels are horrible in this country which leads to horrible things like heart disease and diabetes. Many people in America just don't take care of themselves. Not a enough sense of personal responsibility when it comes to health.

We also have a shitload of all sorts of food at our fingertips.

Very few countries have the incredible bounty on all sides that we do. It leads to overindulgence, of course.

It because Americans work harder, are under more stress on average and eat like shit. The obesity levels are horrible in this country which leads to horrible things like heart disease and diabetes. Many people in America just don't take care of themselves. Not a enough sense of personal responsibility when it comes to health.

Precisely. We also have a higher rates of dying in an automobile accident or some other violent death.

We also have a shitload of all sorts of food at our fingertips.

Very few countries have the incredible bounty on all sides that we do. It leads to overindulgence, of course.
But Mrs. Obama gets crucified for suggesting that Americans eat healthier.

Yup.

Miz Obama is all about dictating to others that they do without...not actually doing without herself.

It's the recurring theme of her life. She shuffled patients out of her hospital to justify taking millions of dollars for revamping the ER....then she promptly took a LONG leave of absence. Apparently she expects other people to work hard and do without...so that people like her can wear designer clothing, gallivant around the world heedlessly, and serve houseguests over-the-top gourmet food, flown in from all corners of the globe. THAT'S okay because, well, she's not paying for it. That's what the drones are for.

How do you compare a country with 51 million population with a country with 300 million people? Better still why would you want to? Because they speak the same language? The estimated number of illegal aliens in the US is half the total population of England. We kill more babies in abortions than are born in England. How could you possibly come up with statistics suggesting that one country is "healthier"? I get it. You can bet your ass-ets that an academic "study" will come up with whatever conclusion the grant money wants them to no matter how they have to fudge the nombers. We saw it with the global warming grants.

Forum List

Back