End Times?

Originally posted by Crazy88
btw Bully, you think Bush is Satan?

Do you really want to go down that road?

He doesnt belive in God but believes Bush is the Anti-Christ. Make sense? Neither do any of his posts. So the quicker you find that out the better.

thanks for the heads up. :)

My next question would have been: If Bush is Satan then what was Hitler and now OBL?

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Old Testament prophecy regarding the end times. Any of this sound familiar to anyone? There are more specifs in Revelation, but in the context of current events, this is most interesting.

Reading current events into any bible prophecy is like holding back the tide with sand pale shovel. Here is a prophecy for you that SEEMS to actually have happened during George Bush's recent Gulf War against Iraq (Babylon). An assembly of great nations led from the north (American) country. Remember the smart bombs and weapons that were not sent in vain as they always hit their marks?

Jeremiah 50

9 For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.

Originally posted by ajwps
Reading current events into any bible prophecy is like holding back the tide with sand pale shovel. Here is a prophecy for you that SEEMS to actually have happened during George Bush's recent Gulf War against Iraq (Babylon). An assembly of great nations led from the north (American) country. Remember the smart bombs and weapons that were not sent in vain as they always hit their marks?

That is because you correlate Babylon with Iraq.

Babylon is also referred to as Rome.

You also refer to the North as America.

North of WHAT?

What makes you think America is the only thing NORTH?

The reason you cannot read prophecy into current events is because you claim the New Testament false, and miss the context of everything.

true.

where's north? Canada's north of US. NK is north of south korea.
Iraq is north of Kuwait. France is north of Italy Spain Greece.

So what's up with all this NORTH stuff?

Originally posted by NewGuy

Only is Babylon referred to as Rome by the non-Catholics. But actually history and archeology says something entirely different. See the following site.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?frd/cstdy:@field(DOCID+iq0012)

You also refer to the North as America. North of WHAT?
What makes you think America is the only thing NORTH?

I prefaced my biblical prophecy by the word "SEEMS" to fit the prophecy. The word in the original hebrew says north country. The recent events in the Bush Iraq war would easily fit to indicate the country from the north being North America. Take a look at the entire line of prophecy. 'from thence she shall be taken' and that is exactly what happened unless you haven't read a paper, seen the news or heard about the lighting war in which smart bombs and missles were used to take her and none of the arrows were returned in vain.

I suppose that because the prophet did not know the name smart bombs or North America, he would have no way of knowing that these events actually took place. But there is no definitive evidence of this was a fulfillment of a Jeremiah prophecy.

The reason you cannot read prophecy into current events is because you claim the New Testament false, and miss the context of everything.

So you think that all prophecy comes from the King James Version of the New Testament. You discount all the Hebrew propehts because they did not believe in the shed blood of the man-god Jesus.

Boy are you in for a surprise.

Originally posted by Mustafa

Only is Babylon referred to as Rome by the non-Catholics. But actually history and archeology says something entirely different. See the following site.

1. History and Archaeology do not get into terms of what people called things back then.

2. The Bible says what it says--catholocism or no. I believe the Bible over a government web site until the government can save mankind's souls.

So you think that all prophecy comes from the King James Version of the New Testament. You discount all the Hebrew propehts because they did not believe in the shed blood of the man-god Jesus.

Boy are you in for a surprise.

What I think is irrelevant. What the Bible says is not. When taking anything in context, you must consider its whole. You disregard the New Testament, therefore you are missing context.

I have before shown I get the original Greek and not simply depend on one Bible for understanding. As I have stated before, though, the AV1611 is precisely the most exact "version" there is. It is the only one even POETICALLY correct in its grammar as the Greek and Hebrew are. No other Bible comes close.

I have never discarded the Hebrew in the Old Testament, but as both Testaments prove each other, so the context is proven.

For all of your shooting off at the mouth and all of your obvious anger, you aren't doing yourself any justice.

Originally posted by Crazy88
true.

where's north? Canada's north of US. NK is north of south korea.
Iraq is north of Kuwait. France is north of Italy Spain Greece.

So what's up with all this NORTH stuff?

Dude! You have been in this thread from the beginning! Go back to the first post and re-read the text provided.

:tinfoil:

1. History and Archaeology do not get into terms of what people called things back then. 2. The Bible says what it says--catholocism or no. I believe the Bible over a government web site until the government can save mankind's souls. What I think is irrelevant. What the Bible says is not. When taking anything in context, you must consider its whole. You disregard the New Testament, therefore you are missing context. I have before shown I get the original Greek and not simply depend on one Bible for understanding. As I have stated before, though, the AV1611 is precisely the most exact "version" there is. It is the only one even POETICALLY correct in its grammar as the Greek and Hebrew are. No other Bible comes close. I have never discarded the Hebrew in the Old Testament, but as both Testaments prove each other, so the context is proven.
For all of your shooting off at the mouth and all of your obvious anger, you aren't doing yourself any justice.

I think you are missing the point. The Bible (New, Old, Revised, Greek, Roman, Septuagent and all are based on historical account that is grounded in proof of actual archeology and written texts of those times.

You seem to think that the Catholic church is Babylon but that is your bible's metaphor. It is not fact and never was meant to be fact.

You can see a black ball and say that it is pink because your bible says so but IT JUST ISN'T SO....

I think you are missing the point. The Bible (New, Old, Revised, Greek, Roman, Septuagent and all are based on historical account that is grounded in proof of actual archeology and written texts of those times.

You seem to think that the Catholic church is Babylon but that is your bible's metaphor. It is not fact and never was meant to be fact.

Ummm. No.

Did I say anywhere "MY Bible says ROME"?

Again, you don't read what I post. You seem to think I stick to only one Bible. Your disregard for what I type is insulting as you cannot read the replies you recieve after the effort to type them, and you continue to spew disagreement.

You can see a black ball and say that it is pink because your bible says so but IT JUST ISN'T SO....

You really ought to wake up.

Ummm. No. Did I say anywhere "MY Bible says ROME"?

Yes you did. You denied that current Iraq was the historical Babylon. Clear as bell you did.

Again, you don't read what I post. You seem to think I stick to only one Bible. Your disregard for what I type is insulting as you cannot read the replies you recieve after the effort to type them, and you continue to spew disagreement.

What you post is pure nonsense and your insulting seems to be a part of your love of Jesus.

You really ought to wake up.

You need some sleep and before your nap time take a look at the following real Jesus site....

Turn on your speakers when you click on the following site so that you can get the full effects.

http://plasticjesus.homestead.com/Dashboard.html

Originally posted by NewGuy: Ummm. No. Did I say anywhere "MY Bible says ROME"?

AJWPS:Yes you did. You denied that current Iraq was the historical Babylon. Clear as bell you did.

Clear as a bell?

I said that the Bible referred to Babylon as Rome ALSO. If that exclusively means Rome, and that point of exclusivity is as clear as a bell to you, you have issues.

Newguy:Again, you don't read what I post. You seem to think I stick to only one Bible. Your disregard for what I type is insulting as you cannot read the replies you recieve after the effort to type them, and you continue to spew disagreement.

AJWPS:What you post is pure nonsense and your insulting seems to be a part of your love of Jesus.

MY INSULTING? Once again, you don't even understand my simple 2 sentence reply.

You need some sleep and before your nap time take a look at the following real Jesus site....

Turn on your speakers when you click on the following site so that you can get the full effects.

http://plasticjesus.homestead.com/Dashboard.html

You know whats funny? Any follower of any god that even resembles one of the Bible cannot justify your rediculous behavior like you show here. Once again you show how apart from the love of God you are. While I have tried to show truth, you are bent on simple ridicule and debate, and "winning" for your ego.

Are you trying to spread truth?

Or are you trying to be right?

Or are you trying to LOOK good?

Whatever your mission, all that you have exhibited on this board so far is a behavior mirroring Big-D's racism and mannerisms combined with an islamic hatred and anger.

What IS your goal on this board with regard to faith?

Clear as a bell?

Your bible stating that the NEW Babylon was Rome was a metaphor. Reality and a metaphoric statement have nothing to do with reality.

What IS your goal on this board with regard to faith?

I really don't know why I even waste my time with you. I have no intention of missionizing you or anyone. Just pointing out that when Christians try to proselitize Jewish people, they are simply sinning and are lost.....

Glad you enjoyed the site.

Your bible stating that the NEW Babylon was Rome was a metaphor. Reality and a metaphoric statement have nothing to do with reality.

Newguy:What IS your goal on this board with regard to faith?

I really don't know why I even waste my time with you. I have no intention of missionizing you or anyone. Just pointing out that when Christians try to proselitize Jewish people, they are simply sinning and are lost.....

Glad you enjoyed the site.

Are you drunk?

The closest thing to Babylon today is the Americas. Nebachudnezzer captured 15,000 Israelites and took them to Babylon to live in captivity. While there, they forgot about their own culture and heritage until one day they remembered and once they learned their history, they once again had a future.
400 years ago, Europeans began capturing Africans and put them into captivity in the Americas where they were taught new languages and forgot their heritage. Until one day they remembered and were suddenly granted a new future.
Big up to the Rastafari. Keepers of the wisdom and today's true Israelites. For they know that Zion is not an exact physical place on a map, but a state of mind.

"Hip hip hooray, babylon will fall down."

Originally posted by menewa

The closest thing to Babylon today is the Americas. Nebachudnezzer captured 15,000 Israelites and took them to Babylon to live in captivity. While there, they forgot about their own culture and heritage until one day they remembered and once they learned their history, they once again had a future.
400 years ago, Europeans began capturing Africans and put them into captivity in the Americas where they were taught new languages and forgot their heritage. Until one day they remembered and were suddenly granted a new future.
Big up to the Rastafari. Keepers of the wisdom and today's true Israelites. For they know that Zion is not an exact physical place on a map, but a state of mind. "Hip hip hooray, babylon will fall down."

What are 'keepers of the wisdom' and 'today's true Israelites?'

So you speak for the 'them'? Zion is found in America and it is now called the 'New Zion Baptist Church.' Your state of mind appears to be that you have had much to much firewater.

The American indians were just nomads who came across the now gone land bridge between Russian and Mongolia to the new world. Take a look at yourself and the Mongolians with high cheek bones, slightly slanted eyes and facial characteristics of the Mongols. You have to be from the original Mongolian barbarians that tried to capture the known world of that time.

What are 'keepers of the wisdom' and 'today's true Israelites?'

So you speak for the 'them'? Zion is found in America and it is now called the 'New Zion Baptist Church.' Your state of mind appears to be that you have had much to much firewater.

The American indians were just nomads who came across the now gone land bridge between Russian and Mongolia to the new world. Take a look at yourself and the Mongolians with high cheek bones, slightly slanted eyes and facial characteristics of the Mongols. You have to be from the original Mongolian barbarians that tried to capture the known world of that time.

Your way off dude. I'm speaking about the Rastas from the Isalnd of Jamaica. I don't pretend to speak for them but I have read the Kebra Nagast and other literature sacred to their movement.

Forum List

Back