Employing Illegals

What happens to employers who employ people who should not be in the country ? What checks are made on them ?

Actually, they are relatively tame.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Most fines are broken down to the following:

• First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
  • For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
  • Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
Yup, a whopping six months.

What happens to employers who employ people who should not be in the country ? What checks are made on them ?
E-verify is all a company can do, but if the government doesnt do their job...Like the FBI failing background checks on mentally ill kids who then go out and shoot up schools..

E-verify is all a company can do, but if the government doesnt do their job...Like the FBI failing background checks on mentally ill kids who then go out and shoot up schools..

It's not the FBI's job to be "Face Book Investigation".

The problem is, a mentally ill kid was able to buy a street legal assault rifle and shoot up a school.

But back to the topic at hand. The penalties for hiring illegals is so light you might as well not have them.

The penalties for hiring illegals is so light you might as well not have them.

penalites justify the crime......~S~

No, what justifies the "crime" (not really) is that there are some jobs Americans just don't want to do. So once again, this becomes a case of a law that we pass in moral indignation that most people gleefully ignore.

Like the guy with the MAGA hat who drives by the Home Depot and hires a truckload of day laborers to finish that job that turned out to be harder than HGTV made it look.

But allowing open borders you're inferring that it's not illegal to hire them
next

Open borders aren't the problem. YOu have to have documentation to work, whether or not you sneak past a fence on the southern border, strolled quietly across the northern border with the other white people, or just flew in on a Visa that expired.

The thing is, we've ALREADY reduced crossings on the Southern border through greater workplace enforcement. But some industries can't survive without undocumented labor, so there's just some parts we leave alone.

Actually, they are relatively tame.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Most fines are broken down to the following:

• First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
  • For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
  • Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
Yup, a whopping six months.
I had to look up our sanctions.

If you are found to be employing someone illegally and you have not carried out the prescribed checks, you will face robust sanctions which could include:
• a civil penalty of up to £20,000 per illegal worker;
• a criminal conviction carrying a prison sentence of up to 5 years and an unlimited fine;
• closure of the business and an application for a court compliance order;
• disqualification as a director;
• not being able to sponsor migrants; and
• seizure of earnings made as a result of illegal working.

Its a lot tighter now than it used to be.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ers_right_to_work_checklist_november_2014.pdf

Last year I had to drive down to London with my docs so that they could be checked prior to starting a contract with a new firm. They have to see the originals with you there as well.

Of course the proper companies comply whilst the dodgy ones dont. And the gangmasters, modern day slavers , make a fortune.

No, what justifies the "crime" (not really) is that there are some jobs Americans just don't want to do. So once again, this becomes a case of a law that we pass in moral indignation that most people gleefully ignore.
I dunno Joe , i'm not entirely sold on the 'Americans just don't want to do' deal i keep hearing. What jobs are they talking about? Mucking stalls? Seriously, i've existed my entire career with the lowest of low untouchables in construction, you should see some of the sh*tty jobs going on, seems there's always somebody available to do them

Now what i do see are foreign workers , mostly pigeon english speaking carpenters and laborers on many job sites..... None are from this country..... These aren't jobs Americans just don't want to do.....in fact i can probably spit out a long list of carpenters looking for work if asked.......Nope, these are jobs the site owners got on the cheap.....as well as trucked in & put up.

That brings me to this grey Illegal/legal deal , far from this black / white baloney being sold to us....do i know all the details....not really..... i might be a dumb redneck spark, but even i sense the 'math' is coerced...

~S~

They get defended by conservative republicans.
Seriously ? It seems like an easy win. If people cant get work then they will not come. That allows the government to manage immigration.

Seriously Tommy, how many illegal beaners do you have taking your jobs? You're an idiot for starting a thread like this.

Obscene photo removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously ? It seems like an easy win. If people cant get work then they will not come. That allows the government to manage immigration.

Seriously Tommy, how many illegal beaners do you have taking your jobs? You're an idiot for starting a thread like this.

iu
I think its a good point Marion. If they know that there is a better life there a wall wont stop them.Tackle the people profiting from people trafficking. That would be a good start.

iu
I think its a good point Marion. If they know that there is a better life there a wall wont stop them.Tackle the people profiting from people trafficking. That would be a good start.

I cannot disagree with that.

I dunno Joe , i'm not entirely sold on the 'Americans just don't want to do' deal i keep hearing. What jobs are they talking about? Mucking stalls? Seriously, i've existed my entire career with the lowest of low untouchables in construction, you should see some of the sh*tty jobs going on, seems there's always somebody available to do them

Now what i do see are foreign workers , mostly pigeon english speaking carpenters and laborers on many job sites..... None are from this country..... These aren't jobs Americans just don't want to do.....in fact i can probably spit out a long list of carpenters looking for work if asked.......Nope, these are jobs the site owners got on the cheap.....as well as trucked in & put up.

That brings me to this grey Illegal/legal deal , far from this black / white baloney being sold to us....do i know all the details....not really..... i might be a dumb redneck spark, but even i sense the 'math' is coerced...

I used to work at a company where they had a group of undocumented guys who did the scrub work of cleaning up the warehouse and packing out kits. I'm sure it didn't pay much more than minimum wage at that time.

Well, after I left, this company was bought out by a bigger company that laid down the law on who could work there. And they replaced the undocumented Mexicans with white folks.

White folks who were all meth addicts and geninunely scary people. They usually only lasted a few weeks before getting enough money to get high and forgot where they worked or even that was a thing they had to do.

I hear ya Joe......had one recent job where the junkies smelled of dope so badly i thought i'd get a contact high.....all local yokels too....

and hey, those south Americans are usually hard workers , methinks they know they can be sent back easier than junkies are laid off or fired.....

One job had this crew of Panamanians who'd never seen a winter, never seen snow, didn't know how to dress for it, totally looked outta place

I brought my propane heater to the job for the poor sots....

~S~

I hear ya Joe......had one recent job where the junkies smelled of dope so badly i thought i'd get a contact high.....all local yokels too....

and hey, those south Americans are usually hard workers , methinks they know they can be sent back easier than junkies are laid off or fired.....

One job had this crew of Panamanians who'd never seen a winter, never seen snow, didn't know how to dress for it, totally looked outta place

I brought my propane heater to the job for the poor sots....

~S~

Well, that had nothing to do with my point, but okay.

Here in Minnesota many illegals are Working with stolen social security numbers...every time we call ICE they scatter like rats
The Honduran men are so different from the hard working Mexicans.
Also the Honduran men drink and smoke pot all day while receiving a government check

Forum List

Back