Emergency Stay Issued For Terry Schaivo

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Some people can't stand thinking about her condition--they would rather she die so they don't have to think.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I heard a little piece on Fox about this earlier,and they said something about some docs feeling different than others about her. Her poor parents must be totally drained. They are good parents though,they are doing what a parent should. They believe she has some kind of brain function and can maybe even be happy. She does smile,and some doctors call it a reflex. My question is-isn't smiling a reflex for everyone when they are happy? Her hubby is a prick.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    'extraordinary means' should not mean food and fluids. I'm all for a DNR order, meaning paddles or surgery, etc. But food and fluids? Sorry, that is murder or in other words, assisted suicide when the victim has a say, which Terry does not.

5. CivilLiberty

CivilLiberty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50

She IS dead. She's been brain dead for years.

A

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    If she was brain dead she wouldnt have to be starved.

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Medically, brain death does not occur unless the heart and lungs are incapable of functioning without life support or if a totally negative EKG comes up. Terry can breathe on her own and has brian activity on her EKG. She just isn't concious. There was a girl just a couple of weeks ago who woke up after having been in Shaivo's condition for 20 years. She's a little confused and is having to cope with having both missed and aged 20 years, but she's quite happy to be alive. Terry's only been that way for 15.

I hope for one of two things.

1) She up and croaks before they can pull the tube. This prevents the courts from setting a bad precedent.

2) She wakes up so she can divorce and chastise her scumbag of a husband.

If I ever met that punk, I'd punch him in the face. He's only trying to do this for the insurance money.

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Apparently,that is nothing but an opnion. According to this article,her parents say they have affidavits that say she can recover with therapy.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/10/21/coma.woman/

Her husband also has a shady past. His own psychiatrist even finds him to have been an abusive husband. He stands to recieve almost a million dollars when they pull the plug. Not to mention,why would a man never want the doctors to even TRY to rehiblitate her? If you loved your wife,child,mother whatever,wouldn't you want to at least try for a little while to see if there is ANY response? I think he had something to hide. The worst thing about it is starving her to death-This has now been made illegal in Florida. On top of that,judges are ignoring her parents who firmly believe that she would not have wanted to be starved to death or have the "plug" pulled. With no parerwork,Schaivo"s word means no more than her parents,and the side of life should be taken.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Bullshit----why aren't you fighting for her rights to live??? This is right up there with your dumbass abortion arguments. yes--that was an ad hominem.

10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

I guess some have it backwards. Let the murderers live in jail,while the victims families live the rest of their lives without their loved one, and pull the plug on innocent peoplethat may have a chance. I am anxious to find out what happens today.