Emanuel Is Leading The Left To See The Writing On The Wall For Public Unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g5000, Jun 21, 2012.

1. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    Rahm Emanuel. Most people never heard of him until he was appointed as Obama's chief of staff.

He first caught my attention in 2006. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Thumpin-Democrats-Republican-Revolution/dp/0385523289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340299640&sr=8-1&keywords=the+thumpin]He was responsible[/ame] for the House of Representatives swinging from a GOP majority to a Democratic majority in 2006. This man is a real power in the Democratic party.

Emanuel is a man who should be very closely watched, and right now he is doing something that I think is going to gobsmack some folks.

As most of you know, Rahm left Obama's Administration to run for mayor of Chicago. A feat he accomplished.

And right now, Emanuel is doing something which could be contrary to Obama's labor gameplan.

For any other politician, taking action which could undermine the party leadership would be enough to stop that politician, to cause them to compromise or capitulate. But Rahm Emanuel is not that kind of weakling. Say what you will about him, he is his own man. He demonstrated that in 2006 when enormous pressure was brought to bear on him to change his national campaign strategy. But he stuck to his guns, and he won the party the House. He was right, they were wrong.

And now, he is doing to public employee unions what Governor Walker of Wisconsin did.

Yes. And I am going to give you something to read in a minute, and you really, really should read it, because this is a seismic shift going on right under your feet.

When Walker was elected to change the contributions public employees make to their pensions and benefits plans, there were mass protests, as we all remember. But during that period, I tried to point out to people there were Democratic governors having to make the same changes and no one was screaming at them for it. Notably in New York, Connecticut, and Washington state.

But now Rahm Emanuel is doing it, and he is a Name.

So read this. It is a transcript of Emanual on CNN's Global Public Square with Fareed Zakaria. And it is quite informative.

Listen to Rahm. He starts out talking about Walker's recall election and segues into his own plan:

This is very encouraging.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Where are the 'Recall Rahm' people? Have they started a petition drive for a recall election yet? Do they have an opponent for him?

3. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    :)

4. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    the flood of liberal posters trying to bash Rahm for this travesty is staggering, is it not?:D

5. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    No different than Obama passing the Bush era tax cuts, expanding homeland security, the patriot act, not closing Guantanamo, starting new wars, expanding old wars, spending out of control and not following the constitution.

Obama is quite literally a liberals worst enemy, this can be proven by just looking at how incredibly similar Obama’s policy is to Bush’s.

If Mitt had been picked up as Obama's VP over Biden this time around liberals on these boards would be swooning.

6. typicalusguy

typicalusguy Edited

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I heard Rahm is missing a finger. How did that happen?

7. swizzlee

swizzlee RedWhiteAndBlue

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    THANK YOU!

A few months ago I read something about Rahm's intent to "rewrite" his union contracts and I forgot to bookmark it. I could never find it again but at the time all I could think was.............

Rahm, you ROCK!

8. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,592
    A terrible ballet accident.

9. typicalusguy

typicalusguy Edited

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Yes, the IDF Ballet Company.

Now I remember.

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,525
    If Obama had his way, the tax cuts for the rich would not have been extended. And I think you know that. If you don't, then your ignorance is extensive. If you do, then you are being purposely mendacious.