Electric cars are a JOKE!!!

The Electric Car Is an Abomination | RealClearPolitics

LOL.....this Tesla is a POS. Dont plan on driving it in cold weather!!!! Well, you can but you're going to freeze your balls off because, guess what? You dont get to use the fucking heat........plus, you get to drive on the highway in this luxury machine at 45 mph!!!!:up: Well, actually, you could drive at 65 mph but you'll only get about 4 exits down the highway!!!!:coffee:

The electric car is a joke.........a fringe vehicle driven by people who are fringe.:eusa_dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lBmq34OHIFM#!]sweet cobra burn out - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps the electric car will replace the muscle car as the vehicle of choice for American males.......but not in the lifetimes of anybody browsing in this forum!!! Because electric cars are still gay.:slap:

sweet cobra burn out - YouTube

Perhaps the electric car will replace the muscle car as the vehicle of choice for American males.......but not in the lifetimes of anybody browsing in this forum!!! Because electric cars are still gay.:slap:

Check out the latest toys for real boys ....from Daimler Benz...published this morning...the Mercedes G63 AMG 6 by 6..!!!
image-466382-breitwandaufmacher-ohvr.jpg

Mercedes G 63 AMG 6x6: Luxuriöser Dreiachser für verwöhnte Scheichs - SPIEGEL ONLINE

image-466367-galleryV9-bwrr.jpg

image-466369-galleryV9-xxeg.jpg

image-466374-galleryV9-dbgj.jpg

image-466376-galleryV9-gfpb.jpg

image-466379-galleryV9-wlav.jpg

image-466381-galleryV9-yrvw.jpg

image-466386-galleryV9-ergv.jpg

I`m 67 years old, but I`m in love again

It`s the perfect car for where I live today.:

But where You live You might want to consider one of these:

They come from a long line of uncompromising pure breed speed demons:

That roam the Autobahn in Germany today:

The guy he passed had it at miler per hour...!!! not at kmh.
If You sit in an electric car on the Autobahn even the trucks would suck`m off the road...
but then again we don`t have a speed limit like everybody else, so what we understand as a "car" is not quite the same thing as what somebody living in a liberal urban environment calls a "car"

Last edited by a moderator:
See below the first cell phones and the first computers. Both did a job, but did it poorly and for a ginormous cost! The cell phone below costed DOLLARS per minute and only rich executives had. The computer below was tens of millions of dollars that only the GOVERNMENT had.

First generation REVOLUTIONARY technologies ALWAYS start out this way. Expensive, lots of set backs, seemingly inferior to current tech, major set backs, but a future.

All the electric car needs to do is get a few more miles to charge 250-300 and bring down the cost. A break-though is bound to happen, much like it did with the computer and cell phone!

first-cell-phones.jpg

fake-rand-computer.jpg

See below the first cell phones and the first computers. Both did a job, but did it poorly and for a ginormous cost! The cell phone below costed DOLLARS per minute and only rich executives had. The computer below was tens of millions of dollars that only the GOVERNMENT had.

All the electric car needs to do is get a few more miles to charge 250-300 and bring down the cost. A break-though is bound to happen, much like it did with the computer and cell phone!

So what kind of a "break-through" would that be?
Superman`s Kryptonite or Captain Kirk`s "Di-Lithium crystals" ?
Lithium @ -3.041 is as good as it gets,... unless you have access to and are willing to pay for Strontium nuclear power plant waste.
http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/World_Most_Powerful_Industrial_Lithium_Ion_Battery_999.html

If you knew anything about Chemistry and what an "emf" and a "redox" potential is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_electrode_potential_%28data_page%29

you would quit holding your breath for a "break through" that gives you the same energy content of an average compact car size gas tank gallon of gasoline in a battery that weighs several tons and takes several days to re-charge unless your house got a 300 amp 3 phase service :
http://green.autoblog.com/2012/05/3...ng-on-1-000x-more-powerful-lithium-ion-batte/

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/404930/more-powerful-batteries/
A new, fast-charging battery will make drills and hybrid cars more powerful.
Funny how most of these web site links give you a "404 File not found error" when you click on a link where the battery specifications are supposed to be:
http://www.a123systems.com/html/home.html
But then again CO2 warmists seldom bother to get the engineering details and exact numbers, they only need sensational fat-print announcements.

http://www.corvus-energy.com/datasheets.html
http://www.corvus-energy.com/pdf/li...r_the_next_generation_of_vessels_may_2010.pdf

1. In either energy or power ratings, Lithium Ion is the most effective chemistry
commercially available today;
The R&D focus in battery technology does not center on what you think it does...:
http://www.corvus-energy.com/pdf/li...r_the_next_generation_of_vessels_may_2010.pdf
Carbon and NOx credits

In recent years, the pollution credit markets have been evolving into the fastest growing
commodity market in the world. As pollution credit standards evolve into tangible measurable
items a global valuation for each type of credit is produced. Credits tend to be measured in
tons,
with a value on each project or application being determined not only by the reduction of
pollution but also such things as the integration of new technologies for the reduction of
pollution.
So if you are waiting for a battery that`s supposed to rival the energy per size and weight of a tank full of gasoline you are s.o.l. !!

This is a whole new industry that does not even plan to make money the conventional way, as in making a product the consumer will buy because it is a superior product. The entire concept is to go over your head and get your tax $$$ in the form of "carbon credits" from a typical "Obama-Solyndra" style government.

Or is this the "break-through" you were waiting for:
Better Place: Schneller Akkutausch in fünf Minuten - SPIEGEL ONLINE
image-460388-breitwandaufmacher-uugs.jpg

Instead of waiting 6 to 8 hours till the battery is re-charged after a few hours at moderate speed we are supposed to pay for these robotic 5 minute "battery change stations" and pay for a contract that costs 24 Euro-cents per kilometer and allows you to drive only 10 000 km in one year... = 47 cents per mile in U.S.
and 6000 miles per year at ~40 miles per hour in currency and distance dimensions....and instead of an income tax return you have to file for "carbon credits" so that you can drive your car and don`t have to go on foot to get your groceries.

Last edited:
I am not in favor of artificial price supports like tax credits, but I think there is a misconception about electric cars being a replacement for gasoline powered vehicles. When limited to a single vehicle, most people will choose one which possesses the greatest capacity for their needs (e.g, a large SUV). The biggest hindrance to purchasing an additional vehicle for specific needs like daily commuting is the duplication of costs (sales tax, license fees and insurance) which make this otherwise rational choice economically unviable. Perhaps we should suspend (or at least minimize) these additional costs in order to promote the purchase of these cars as additional vehicles and also provide a boost to the economy.

I am not in favor of artificial price supports like tax credits, but I think there is a misconception about electric cars being a replacement for gasoline powered vehicles. When limited to a single vehicle, most people will choose one which possesses the greatest capacity for their needs (e.g, a large SUV). The biggest hindrance to purchasing an additional vehicle for specific needs like daily commuting is the duplication of costs (sales tax, license fees and insurance) which make this otherwise rational choice economically unviable. Perhaps we should suspend (or at least minimize) these additional costs in order to promote the purchase of these cars as additional vehicles and also provide a boost to the economy.

I have said this before. They should make a rule that if you buy a supplementary alternative energy vehicle in addition to your gas powered vehicle, you should be able to take the plates from the gas vehicle & put them on your supplementary alternative power vehicle. The one set of plates could be registered to both vehicles & physically swapped from one to the other. That prevents both vehicles from being operated on the road at the same time. Insurance should cover the plated vehicle & driver.

This is why I chose to buy a 50cc or less gas scooter. I don't have to license, title or insure it to legally drive it to work & back.

Last edited:

I`ll go back and click on the Thank You tab after I responded to your response...because it was sensible..
but "sensible" is a relative.
What you have said applies for city dwellers in a climate zone with mild winter temperatures. Berlin is such a city but even there they found out what happens if you get a few days of winter temps, that are common in Minneapolis or anywhere in Canada:
Carsharing-Projekt : Frost stoppt die Elektro-Euphorie - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Carsharing-Projekt : Frost stoppt die Elektro-Euphorie
Understand?
Frost = frost
stoppt=stops
Elektro Euphorie= "Electro-euphoria"
As it turns out even at a mild -1 C day you have to be careful how often you use your windshield defroster/fan unless you want to walk the rest of the way. I don`t know where you are driving, but in Montana, the Dakotas ,Minnesota and in all of Canada you either wind up in a rear end collision or have to start walking if you can`t defog or defrost your windshield.
I would have to recharge my car after I picked up my mail in Edwin Manitoba before I could go get my groceries in Portage La Prairie...in the summer...never mind in the winter.
And if we all had to use electric cars we would have to relocate everybody from Montana, Minnesota, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario,Quebec, the NWT, the Yukon, Nunavut, Alaska to California.
b.t.w. fuel cost is the least expensive component in driving a car.
Depreciation, insurance and maintenance are the top 3 expenses.
I`ve been driving and maintaining my vintage F150 for only a fraction of the cost what an e-car costs per month just sitting still in the driveway.
No way would I want to cram my wife, my 3 kids and the contents of a grocery shopping cart into a Chevy Volt and then hope I can make it back home before the battery beeps out because I had to use the headlights and keep the interior from turning into a deep freezer.
Yes on occasion I`m the only occupant in this full size van with a V8 engine,...but most of the time it`s packed with people and groceries, often pulling a trailer behind it + some more stuff on the roof rack...like 12 sheets of ply-wood and 2 dozen 2 x 6 x 12 foot lumber.
It`s not an "over sized car" for my needs, it`s a family transport, a transport truck, a snow plow...a tow truck, a crane...a general purpose work horse.

I`ve got dual tanks holding 120 liters but I can drive it over slightly over 1200 kilometers before I run low on gas...because I took my lap-top and re-programmed the injector pulse width rpm factory default ECM settings and a few more things like that:

When I got to Sioux Lookout it would have been a disaster with anything less than a full sized van. Every motel was crammed full with evacuees from a massive forest fire in that region and my wife and kids would have been sleeping in a car seat during a cool +2C night instead of the large beds in the rear section of a warm car that idled all night with fresh air coming in through 2 open windows.
We used to live in the Yukon before and to get groceries was a 1100 km round trip at > -40C over 3 mountain ranges. So the car we need is something entirely different what somebody "needs" in L.A. or New York where there is a public transportation bus/subway stop on almost every block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric cars are not a mistake but it is right that it just not become popular in some countries. Electric cars are useful for peoples and it does not need any kind of fuel in it, so it save some money of person. Price of this car is low than fuel cars.

This is the reason the OP is a short sighted, stuck in the past, twit.

The first cars were a joke, the first aircraft were a joke, the first everything is less than perfect and that goes for electric cars as well.
However, technology moves quickly and they'll be a normal part of life within a very short time.

I recall seeing a British TV technology program that described how to connect one of those new fangled mobile phones to a computer in order to send data.

It'll never catch on.
The difference is that those inventions of the past were funded by the inventors, not the government and not by tax dollars.

Are you truly that stupid? You are telling me that the development of airplanes was not funded by government? After Kittyhawk, the Wright Brothers, as well as others recieved and competed for government money to fund development. By WW1, our government, as well as many others around the world were putting major money into the development of airplanes.

There are many things in our lives that were funded by government money in some or many stages of development, including the means with which we are communicating. Your idiotic insistance that nothing good can come of government investment is just another really stupid wingnut mantra totally at odds with reality.

Seriously? The Wright Brothers could not get a contract with the US Army until they could show they had a successful public flight with passengers. Only then would they receive a contract of government funding.

why not a three cylinder biohemp fuel motor Each time a gas powered vehical starts up it uses more xygen than me an u in a lifetime

why not a three cylinder biohemp fuel motor Each time a gas powered vehical starts up it uses more xygen than me an u in a lifetime

because the whole CO2 thing is a hoax........and anyway, Americans dont like to buy the little faggy 2 door Specks anyway.

They make shit like this because people want to buy it........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_blkDnH5s]! 2013 GT500 Sound ! Dyno run, Burnout 1/4 Mile pass - YouTube[/ame]

3 cylinders = fAiL

because the whole CO2 thing is a hoax........and anyway, Americans dont like to buy the little faggy 2 door Specks anyway.

They make shit like this because people want to buy it........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_blkDnH5s]! 2013 GT500 Sound ! Dyno run, Burnout 1/4 Mile pass - YouTube[/ame]

3 cylinders = fAiL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6gD6r3-cw]Dodge Viper 500 hp Vs Tzero Electric Car - See Who Wins - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fmy4tWvr8c]Speed Records White Zombie - YouTube[/ame]

Quarter mile ET, 10.258

Welcome to Plasma Boy Racing, home of White Zombie, the world's quickest street legal electric door slammer in the 1/4 mile drag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shjAbWfjH0k]HD_Shut Down....Beach Boys with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

LOL, an electric car can win a quarter mile, but the trouble is it can't go much further... After the race in the first one the guy stated that the viper wins once they get past that. It's a one trick pony..Nice...

How long does the charge last? About 2-3 hours at most? Get about what 30-40 miles out of it?

ROFL, electric cars silly pipedream.

Electric is not quite the same.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U41fJ-pd2vE"]First Electric Monster Truck Car Crush[/ame]

LOL, an electric car can win a quarter mile, but the trouble is it can't go much further... After the race in the fi
rst one the guy stated that the viper wins once they get past that. It's a one trick pony..Nice...

How long does the charge last? About 2-3 hours at most? Get about what 30-40 miles out of it?

White Zombie does 110 miles on a charge and is completely street legal. How many ICE's that can do a 10.25 quarter are either street legal or can get 110 miles on a tank of gas?

Tesla S 50 O to 60 4.2 seconds
Top End 130 MPH
Range 265 miles

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

At this point in time, electric cars are the true "Not Ready for Prime Time Players".
The engineering and technology are just not at the point where electric cars are suitable substitutes for the gas powered cars

Last edited:
Ten years ago, a 60" tv screen was not ready for prime time. Only few wealthy people could afford them. Now you can buy them in your local supermarket. Or an 80+ in. one at Costco.

Batteries are materials science. That is the most up and coming field in science, and game changing technologies seem to occur almost overnight. Reduce the cost of the batteries by an order of magnitude, and the EV will take over the automotive field.

LOL, an electric car can win a quarter mile, but the trouble is it can't go much further... After the race in the fi
rst one the guy stated that the viper wins once they get past that. It's a one trick pony..Nice...

White Zombie does 110 miles on a charge and is completely street legal. How many ICE's that can do a 10.25 quarter are either street legal or can get 110 miles on a tank of gas?

Tesla S 50 O to 60 4.2 seconds
Top End 130 MPH
Range 265 miles

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Bullshit, that's the hyped up numbers they sell...

Saw the top gear UK test drive of the tesla. The charge didn't last more than 40 minutes on their test track. Whats, worse the thing kept overheating and shutting down. The had to get 2 cars to complete the test and they still couldn't do it. The things just couldn't stay running long enough..

Don't buy the hype...

Forum List

Back