Elderly woman dies because nurse refused to give CPR

The 911 operator commanded her to do CPR or find someone that could. To those who say George Zimmerman should have followed the command of 911, is this woman guilty of a crime too?

The only thing I can think of right now and I may be wrong.
The facility is protecting themselves against a lawsuit.
But I believe no jury will find against someone trying to administer a life saving procedure.
I think it's called the good Samaritan law.

But I'm sure there are a few John Edwards or Gloria Alred types that would sue and force the facility and the employee to spend thousands of dollars in attorney fees.

She was commanded by 911 to give CPR, she refused to and refused to find someone else. If george zimmerman is guilty of not folliwing a 911 command, isn't she? Doesn't a nurse have a legal duty to render medical aid to their patients unless she had a living will or something else indicating she didn't want it?

She's a nurse, she should have given cpr.

What kind of policy is it that does not give any type of medical assistance (again, she is a nurse) to someone who needs it?

She was commanded by 911 to give CPR, she refused to and refused to find someone else. If george zimmerman is guilty of not folliwing a 911 command, isn't she? Doesn't a nurse have a legal duty to render medical aid to their patients unless she had a living will or something else indicating she didn't want it?

911 is her boss?

those old folks knew the rules when they signed on to live there.
but some seem to think that nanny state govt should take over the private industry and void the residents contract.

We do not know, perhaps the woman that died had a DNR document filed?

Anyone give me CPR and I will sue their ass off.

Last edited:

911 is her boss?

but some seem to think that nanny state govt should take over the private industry and void the residents contract.

Apparently 911 was Zimmerman's boss.

911 is her boss?

U R dumpass for making the comparison.

911 is her boss?

U R dumpass for making the comparison.

So you must obey 911 in one case but not in the other?

You keep throwing out Zimmerman. One problem though with your argument.

Zimmerman did stop following Trayvon. He's not guilty of not following the recommendation.

Zimmerman did stop following Trayvon. He's not guilty of not following the recommendation.

There is a difference from trying to prevent a confrontation/assault/death by violence and telling someone to attempt to save someone who is dying.

Unless california is the most backwards state there, is which it very well could be, nurses have a legal duty to rescue/render aid.

It's like with a lifeguard at a pool. If someone is drowning, the lifeguard is obligated to save them, they have a legal duty to do so. A parent as a legal duty to save their child, but a complete stranger typicall doesn't have a legal duty to save a stranger. But a nurse isn't a stranger.

Did the article about the lady who died say that the ambulance or the hospital tried to revive the woman or that she just later died at the hospital?

Last edited:
Unless california is the most backwards state there, is which it very well could be, nurses have a legal duty to rescue/render aid.

It's like with a lifeguard at a pool. If someone is drowning, the lifeguard is obligated to save them, they have a legal duty to do so. A parent as a legal duty to save their child, but a complete stranger typicall doesn't have a legal duty to save a stranger. But a nurse isn't a stranger.

Your comparisons still suck.

There is a difference from trying to prevent a confrontation/assault/death by violence and telling someone to attempt to save someone who is dying.

There is not a difference!

You are not legally obligated to do as a 911 operator says.

Police are not even legally obligated to protect you. You can call 911 & they or the police could go take a nap while you are raped & you can't sue them.

Last edited:

I was just merely pointing out the inaccuracy in his statement regarding Zimmerman.

In France and I believe a few other EU countries it's against the law not to assist or call for assistance for someone in distress.

Forum List

Back