Economy Adds 308,000 Jobs in March

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zhukov, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Economy Adds 308,000 Jobs in March

WASHINGTON — U.S. businesses created jobs at the fastest pace in nearly four years as hiring increased across a wide array of industries in March, the government said on Friday in a report that stunned financial markets and provided long-awaited evidence of a job market recovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115958,00.html

Over 700,000 jobs in the last 7 months.

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you like fries with that?

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unlike what the press normally hypes, an economy will always rebound with jobs uniformally across all sectors when it has been slumping and companies find they can do more profitable business again.

5. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

A job is job - some people in this country think they are too good for certain jobs...which is why my ole Mexican friends have homes and most of you rent. They started out holding two or three of
    'would you like fries with that' jobs - One fellow I know became a 'big wig' in the export business and still held a second job...he finally sold his home and bought a nice place on the water in Florida....He said he owes it all to great America...there a jobs everywhere - you just have to be willing to start somewhere and work your tail off.

At anyrate I don't know what sort of job someone like you might be searching for - maybe you are more like that fellow I know who sits at home and lives off his credit cards waiting for the one hundred thousand dollar a year job to stop by....

Perhaps you are joking.

Either way - a job is a job.

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch thine tongue, for you know not to whom you speak.

Would you like to confess your trade or profession? I would be happy to provide a few details about myself if I knew it would not embarrass you.

7. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There are jobs out there. I KNOW! and not the one or 2 the democrats would have you believe. as I posted earlier, the plant I work at[town of 15k, employs 2800, are hiring 700 plus NOW aand may add another 500 in the next few months or so. go to careerbuilder.com and put in a city. how many jobs turned up??? and this is just one site. If you havent been out looking for a job you have no clue what you are talking about.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,135
    What got me this morning when i saw the article on yahoo was it said. that we added 300,000, unemployment goes up. and im like i heard the rate went up a point. how does that happen? And and i was just amazed at the bias of pointing to the rate going up rather than the job creation

9. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a problem with that too. Iwould like to now how many people are LOOKING for work. Because the jobs are there.

10. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    But Kerry is going to create 10 Million jobs in 4 years. So it doesn't matter:p: