Economist who helped craft RomneyCare: ObamaCare is " the same f***ing bill."

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
You can't talk your way out of it, Mitt. :eusa_whistle:

Jonathan Gruber, M.I.T. Economist, Hits Mitt Romney Over Obama Health Care Law

Jonathan Gruber, an M.I.T. economist hired by Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to help craft health care reform, sharply criticized the Republican presidential candidate for distinguishing between his bill and President Barack Obama's in an interview with Capital New York published Wednesday.

"They're the same f***ing bill. He [Romney] just can't have his cake and eat it too," Gruber said. "He can try to draw distinctions and stuff, but he's just lying. The only big difference is he didn't have to pay for his. Because the federal government paid for it. Where at the federal level, we have to pay for it, so we have to raise taxes."

Romney has defended the law he signed but said that states should be able to develop their own health care laws. He favors repealing the health care law the president signed into law.

Gruber is a Democrat, and told The New Yorker that Romney never asked him about his political views. He also recalled that Romney argued for the individual mandate since it would eliminate the "free rider" problem of uninsured patients seeking care at emergency rooms. The White House also contacted Gruber to do the economic modeling for Obama's plan.

Yep, why I will vote for Mitt if he wins the nomination.
My states primary is too late and everything is decided before I can vote in it anyway.

At least Mitt recognizes a problem or two exists with health care and is trying to do something.
Unlike the head in the sand crowd.

What will the right say if Obama care is repealed and when health care costs continue to spiral upwards?
It will still somehow be the other party's fault I am sure.

Republicans are now against the same healthcare plan that they pushed in the 1990's.

The Republican Party has become the John Birch Society.

• Banned
Republicans are now against the same healthcare plan that they pushed in the 1990's.

The Republican Party has become the John Birch Society.

Sad but true. It used to be a fringe element of the GOP; now it's the standard.

Forum List

Back