Easily Duped Republicans

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Reading this article about The Danger of President Pence, it's evident that the big-money donors all somehow knew that Trump's populism talk was all bullshit.

Just an example:

On Election Night, the dissonance between Trump’s populist supporters and Pence’s billionaire sponsors was quietly evident. When Trump gave his acceptance speech, in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel in midtown Manhattan, he vowed to serve “the forgotten men and women of our country,” and promised to “rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, and hospitals.” Upstairs, in a room reserved for Party élites, several of the richest and most conservative donors, all of whom support drastic reductions in government spending, were celebrating. Doug Deason, a Texas businessman and a political donor, recalled to me, “It was amazing. In the V.I.P. reception area, there was an even more V.I.P. room, and I counted at least eight or nine billionaires.”

Deason’s father, Darwin, founded a data-processing company, Affiliated Computer Services, and in 2010 he sold it to Xerox for $6.4 billion. A.C.S. was notorious for outsourcing U.S. office work to cheaper foreign-labor markets. Trump campaigned against outsourcing, but the Deasons became Trump backers nonetheless, donating a million dollars to his campaign. Doug Deason was enlisted, in part, by Pence, whom he had known and supported for years. “Mike and I are pretty good friends,” Deason said, adding, “He’s really the contact to the big donors.” Since the election, Deason has attended two dinners for wealthy backers at the Vice-Presidential residence.

I remember how many times Trump talked about what a shit-hole LaGuardia Airport is (he's right!) and how it's such an embarrassment compared to foreign airports (he's right!). Haven't heard a word since the election. Haven't heard about coal miners, either. Rubes.

And why do we give a damn about airports right now?

(By the way, I can't help but notice the misogynistic screeds you have about PoliticalChic as your location and sig. They're patently disgusting. If there's anyone deserving of an internet style ass kicking up and down this forum, it's you. "PoliticalChic is my bitch!" Geez, Only noob gamers talk like that.)

Reading this article about The Danger of President Pence, it's evident that the big-money donors all somehow knew that Trump's populism talk was all bullshit.

Just an example:

On Election Night, the dissonance between Trump’s populist supporters and Pence’s billionaire sponsors was quietly evident. When Trump gave his acceptance speech, in the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel in midtown Manhattan, he vowed to serve “the forgotten men and women of our country,” and promised to “rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, and hospitals.” Upstairs, in a room reserved for Party élites, several of the richest and most conservative donors, all of whom support drastic reductions in government spending, were celebrating. Doug Deason, a Texas businessman and a political donor, recalled to me, “It was amazing. In the V.I.P. reception area, there was an even more V.I.P. room, and I counted at least eight or nine billionaires.”

Deason’s father, Darwin, founded a data-processing company, Affiliated Computer Services, and in 2010 he sold it to Xerox for $6.4 billion. A.C.S. was notorious for outsourcing U.S. office work to cheaper foreign-labor markets. Trump campaigned against outsourcing, but the Deasons became Trump backers nonetheless, donating a million dollars to his campaign. Doug Deason was enlisted, in part, by Pence, whom he had known and supported for years. “Mike and I are pretty good friends,” Deason said, adding, “He’s really the contact to the big donors.” Since the election, Deason has attended two dinners for wealthy backers at the Vice-Presidential residence.

I remember how many times Trump talked about what a shit-hole LaGuardia Airport is (he's right!) and how it's such an embarrassment compared to foreign airports (he's right!). Haven't heard a word since the election. Haven't heard about coal miners, either. Rubes.

Coal industry says Trump's repeal of Obama-era rule saves jobs

Just an example:

I think you're very confused. If the Big Money KNEW his populism was bullshit -- why would they donate? WHO stands to gain on infrastructure expenditures? A LOT of the people in that room.

(By the way, I can't help but notice the misogynistic screeds you have about PoliticalChic as your location and sig. They're patently disgusting. If there's anyone deserving of an internet style ass kicking up and down this forum, it's you. "PoliticalChic is my bitch!" Geez, Only noob gamers talk like that.)
PoliticalChic is a textbook example of an "insult poster". She relies on a technique of distorting facts and when caught she relies upon hurling insults on whoever critiques her propaganda.

Just an example:

Two Coal Plants Close in Texas, as Trump Admin Pushes Pro-Coal Agenda

Just an example:

They're never coming back. There's nothing Trump can do to reverse the decades long decline.

Just an example:

I think you're very confused. If the Big Money KNEW his populism was bullshit -- why would they donate? WHO stands to gain on infrastructure expenditures? A LOT of the people in that room.
Then where are the infrastructure bills?

Coal industry says
4i6Ckte.gif

You called them dupes. That is totally going to persuade them that your bad policies are good!

#win

PoliticalChic is a textbook example of an "insult poster". She relies on a technique of distorting facts and when caught she relies upon hurling insults on whoever critiques her propaganda.
You saying she is a regressive liberal?

Just an example:

Held up by the budget, tax reform, and cutting the money bleed of O-care -- I suppose.

Doesn't matter. The OP is all speculation anyways. And is self-contradictory.

Those fake news agents at it again with this fairy tale article. So funny that snowflakes like the OP starting this has a sexist avatar of Sarah Sanders. Let's you know the DNC are fraud feminists. Sad!

Wow.

So you respond to "insults" with misogyny? Ahh, the hypocrisy. The very concept of identity politics relies on that very point.

"Don't agree with me? You're an (insert derogatory name here)!"

How does it feel knowing liberal trolls like you and Synth are playing the same game?

Wait... don't answer that.

Last edited:

Just an example:

They are being rejected by the very Republicans Trump ran against.

They are being rejected by the very Republicans Trump ran against.
The same ones who were secretly supporting him, while he was preaching an entirely different message to the rubes at his rallies.
I don't think so, but don't stop being desperate on my account.
You don't think so? It's right there in the article.
4i6Ckte.gif

You don't think, is more like it.
Politico.com the TheHill.com think you're an idiot.
I tend to agree.
Don't make the mistake of think I only look here and DailyKOS.com.

Forum List

Back