E-Mail Tells Of Marine's Experience

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Jan 12, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    E-Mail Tells Of Marine's Experience
    Below is a copy of the e-mail circulating throughout Dallas/Fort Worth about the treatment of a U.S. Marine at a local convenience store.

Demonstrators Picket Store After Marine Refused Service
    FORT WORTH, Texas -- Family and friends of a Marine who reportedly was refused service at a Fort Worth convenience store staged a protest at the store Tuesday. The demonstration brought a sense of resolution to family members, according to NBC 5, after the store owner fired the employee who denied the service.

Lance Cpl. Jason Young, who served a tour of duty in Iraq, wore a U.S. Marine Corps shirt when he entered the One Stop Grocery and Grill on 8th Street in Fort Worth. The clerk reportedly asked Young if he were a Marine, and Young said he was. The clerk then walked out from behind the sales counter and did not return, according to reports.

The refusal of service outraged Young's family.

"(We were) very upset that my son has been over in Iraq and served, and he fights for freedoms for people to speak their piece," Vivian Young, Jason Young's mother, said. "I appreciate that, but refusing service in this day and time is not acceptable."

The store owner took action after reports of the refusal became public.

"When we heard about this thing last week, we fired the guy that minute, but we apologized to the mom and everybody," owner Munirah Kabani said.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    That Motherfucker has some nerve, I would have used my 4 muscles to bitch slap him. :dev3:

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Hey wait....I thought that liberals "supported the troops!" ;)