Droopy eye?

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
Hubby noticed this yesterday when McCain announced he was suspending his campaign. Whenhe pointed it out it immediately stuck out to me (sort of like the jaw thing.)

I see other people are wondering about it too? Did you notice this?

Joe and Rob both mentioned this to me in the past week, and now several readers have brought it up. I also just noticed that Atrios picked up on this too today. Something wrong, changed, droopy or puffy with McCain's left eye. Anybody else notice anything? I just searched Google a bit more and found references to his eye being droopy in April and May of this year as well. But whatever it is, it seems to be intermittent. (McCain has had 4 bouts of melanoma, and did in 2002 have a benign growth removed from under his left eye.)

I decided to take a look at McCain's Herbert Hoover Speech, as Rob calls the economic speech McCain gave last Friday in Wisconsin, and tried to see what it was that Rob was noticing wrong with McCain's left eye. It was only a 15 second video, so I pulled it up in my iMovie movie editor and checked out each frame (see a selection of still shots above). What you see is apparently McCain's left eye more closed than this right, and/or when he blinks, his left eye is lazier, or blinks slightly out of phase with his right. Either way, it does look like something's up. Perhaps McCain has always had a bad left eye, though it's odd that so many people just noticed this week.

What's Up With John McCain's Left Eye?

If you look at all people very carefully caligirl, you'll notice that their left side is slightly different from their right. (No political pun intended :D)
Check out pictures of yourself and look at yourself in the mirror, you'll see that you are not perfectly symmetrical either. And I mean all body parts, wink wink, nudge nudge. When you stand, you probably lean one way or the other as well. And as we age these differences get more noticeable as gravity begins to take over. It's very noticeable in McCain as he is 72. The thing I've always noticed about McCain is that he has some sort of bulge on his jaw that reminds me of Stan in "American Dad". Won't change my vote though.

The lucky ones with perfect symmetry are on the cover of Vogue.

you may be right, but it was different than in the past.

Look beginning around 25 seconds.

[youtube]8gqTf37-MGc[/youtube]

IMO ..... McCain just does not look well, peroid. I am sure that doing the campaign routine is exhausting and it is taking a toll on his already vunerable body .... but if that is the case ... what is going to happen if he should become the president. :confused:

Take a look at Clinton and Bush ... they both look well beyond their age.

McGrumbles is doing just fine. So shut up or I'll call you a dirty name and send Phil Graham to visit you and kick the whiney shit out of your liberal little boddy.:eusa_silenced:

IMO ..... McCain just does not look well, peroid. I am sure that doing the campaign routine is exhausting and it is taking a toll on his already vunerable body .... but if that is the case ... what is going to happen if he should become the president. :confused:
Take a look at Clinton and Bush ... they both look well beyond their age.
Both Clinton and Bush are in their sixties and they look like they've aged pretty well, except for maybe Clintons' nose. And Bush is quite athletic for his age.
What about Obama? He commits the deadliest sin any Liberal person could commit: He's a chain smoker, he could have a hear attack. Joe Biden has had two brain aneurysms. (which kinda' explains alot)

Where's the concern that they could die in office?

Both Clinton and Bush are in their sixties and they look like they've aged pretty well, except for maybe Clintons' nose. And Bush is quite athletic for his age.
What about Obama? He commits the deadliest sin any Liberal person could commit: He's a chain smoker, he could have a hear attack. Joe Biden has had two brain aneurysms. (which kinda' explains alot)

Where's the concern that they could die in office?

There is concern for anyone that hold's an elected position. It should be each of our concern that they are able to do what is 'best' for our nation, while they are in office. The stress put on each of them should concern you, as it does me. My comment was in regards to this specific thread about McCain and it being pointed out that it appeared he had a new condition 'droopy eye'. Maybe it is nothing, let's hope so.

If you do not see a drastic change in Clinton, considering his age, then you have a big problem. Quit making more out of it, than was intended.

I sincerely hope this concers you ? Or do you just want to make excuses and try to get everyone to think it is not there? If the 'Ostrich' approach works for you, then so be it.

It could even be something like this ... (not life threatening for sure!)

Bell's palsy is a paralysis or weakness of the muscles on one side of the face. It causes one side of the face to droop and affects not only taste but also saliva and tear production.

In most cases of Bell's palsy, the nerve that controls muscles on either side of the face is damaged by inflammation. The cause of this inflammation is not clear, but it may be linked to a viral infection.

Bell's palsy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back