Driverless cars are coming.

I'll drive my own car, thanks.

Silly girl, that self-driving GM car is not intended to be anyone's car. It's for ride-sharing, essentially a taxi with a very limited range.

Anyway, silly girl, I bet if you had only owned self-driving cars and then someone came along with a manual car, you would say "I'm not doing the car's work." Come on confess, you've already said this about self-checkouts in stores.

Same here. As I have posted before, I don't trust the technology. Human programming errors and electronic and mechanical recalls on virtually every brand of vehicle.
I would never trust one on icy winter roads, that require experience and the ability to feel the road by a human driver.

Same here. As I have posted before, I don't trust the technology. Human programming errors and electronic and mechanical recalls on virtually every brand of vehicle.
I would never trust one on icy winter roads, that require experience and the ability to feel the road by a human driver.

First of all, a driverless car can react sooner to slippery conditions. If the wheels start to spin faster than the vehicle speed requires, the car can react instantly. And without using the brakes. That would likely happen before the driver is even aware of the lack of traction.

Secondly, there are plenty of people out there who aren't experienced or who simply suck at driving on bad roads. You may be an expert, but when they slam into you the results is the same.

Silly girl, that self-driving GM car is not intended to be anyone's car. It's for ride-sharing, essentially a taxi with a very limited range.

Anyway, silly girl, I bet if you had only owned self-driving cars and then someone came along with a manual car, you would say "I'm not doing the car's work." Come on confess, you've already said this about self-checkouts in stores.

I don't "ride-share", ya purulent anal scar. I don't "do" public transportation. Why would anyone want to do that?

I also don't do "if" as a replacement of fact, and I love self-checkouts. It was a bitch trying to communicate with some of the shithole help.

Last edited:

I expect it to be required in another 15 to 20 years in some areas. Urban areas will be first. Probably followed by interstates in and around major cities, with all interstates being driverless sometime later.

First of all, a driverless car can react sooner to slippery conditions. If the wheels start to spin faster than the vehicle speed requires, the car can react instantly. And without using the brakes. That would likely happen before the driver is even aware of the lack of traction.

Secondly, there are plenty of people out there who aren't experienced or who simply suck at driving on bad roads. You may be an expert, but when they slam into you the results is the same.

Yeah, but with the lack of a responsible driver there will be deeper pockets to attack for compensation. :2up:

I expect it to be required in another 15 to 20 years in some areas. Urban areas will be first. Probably followed by interstates in and around major cities, with all interstates being driverless sometime later.

A fan of Steven Spielberg, are you? All this from governments that can't even fix the bridges or patch potholes before August?

Last edited:

A fan of Steven Spielberg, are you? All this from governments that can't even fix the bridges or patch potholes before August?

No need to be a fan of science fiction. You simply have to look at the progress made in the last 10 years in the areas involved in a driverless car.

And as long as they recognize the rules of the road we will all get along fine. The rules are as follows:

I am on the road; therefore, I own it.

Furthermore, it is imperative that I sit in the driver's seat so that I am there to utilize my mad reflexive right arm save skillz on my 6'3" son. If only to hear him say, "Mom, seriously? Do you really think I am moving?"

Nonetheless, it means that that the immigration problem has been resolved. It means that there will no longer be a need to drive down wages in other industries as there will be a large amount of people that will need work with truck drivers, bus drivers, and cab drivers out of work.

If you have these sorts of hallucinations regularly, you should probably see a qualified medical professional.

And desireable. They are much safer. There were a small number of documented accidents I saw involving these cars and in every single case it was the driver of the other car at fault. Usually they were distracted.

Such cars will eventually be mandatory and we won't even be allowed to own our own cars (except in very rural areas maybe). We're to dangerous and irresponsible behind the wheel

And as long as they recognize the rules of the road we will all get along fine. The rules are as follows:

I am on the road; therefore, I own it.

Furthermore, it is imperative that I sit in the driver's seat so that I am there to utilize my mad reflexive right arm save skillz on my 6'3" son. If only to hear him say, "Mom, seriously? Do you really think I am moving?"

Nonetheless, it means that that the immigration problem has been resolved. It means that there will no longer be a need to drive down wages in other industries as there will be a large amount of people that will need work with truck drivers, bus drivers, and cab drivers out of work.

Technological advances always mean a loss of jobs for some.

Forum List

Back