dont know what i am anymore

Always depends. Are you pro gaymarriage but against runaway federal spending as the current administration seems to be very much in favor of then you are probably a libertarian at heart.

help?

i dont know if im liberal, conservative , libertarian, republican, democrat , ahh

:confused:

Evidently, you're a pathetic idiot with low self esteem, desperately looking for a label and instant acceptance into some group and trying to steal my signature because you hope it makes you look intelligent.

You could at least do better than a copy-->paste

It's pretty obvious when I'm pretty much the only one here who follows the British rules regarding the use of quotations while generally writing in American Standard.

kittenkoder is a good poster. talk to her...she lives for the "middle".....doesn't always hit it, but, i think she might be a good one for you to talk to.

martin....you do change your beliefs like most change their underwear...until you change that habit.....your politics will most likely be the same....daily

1. It is NOT lame to question one's own political alignment ... actually, it's something more people should do because it requires thought and a bit of study to come to a more logical conclusion.

2. Martin, only you can truly answer the question, however, often there is no one "party" that fits your personal views, which is something I admire, as Yurt put it, I live for the "middle". People who are just happy with whatever their "party" tells them and who do not question the motives are not intelligent, they are drones. You'd be amazed at how many and who actually question their alignments regularly. The key is, do not roll over just because your ideals are "unpopular", stick with them, no matter how "lame" people think they are, they are the one thing no human can take from you. You are your ideals not conservative or liberal, nor Republican or Democrat, you should just be you.

1. It is NOT lame to question one's own political alignment ... actually, it's something more people should do because it requires thought and a bit of study to come to a more logical conclusion.

2. Martin, only you can truly answer the question, however, often there is no one "party" that fits your personal views, which is something I admire, as Yurt put it, I live for the "middle". People who are just happy with whatever their "party" tells them and who do not question the motives are not intelligent, they are drones. You'd be amazed at how many and who actually question their alignments regularly. The key is, do not roll over just because your ideals are "unpopular", stick with them, no matter how "lame" people think they are, they are the one thing no human can take from you. You are your ideals not conservative or liberal, nor Republican or Democrat, you should just be you.

I disagree. I think it is lame. It's abundantly clear what the liberal agenda is as well as the conservative agenda. So "if" a person is clear as to what they believe in, there shouldn't be any question at all where you belong as far as your political alignment.

I disagree. I think it is lame. It's abundantly clear what the liberal agenda is as well as the conservative agenda. So "if" a person is clear as to what they believe in, there shouldn't be any question at all where you belong as far as your political alignment.

Really? So you think that:

1. There are only two possibilities.

and/or

2. That everyone should belong to or support one of the "parties".

and/or

I know what I believe in, as I would hope you do too. So there is no question for me as to whether or not I'm a liberal or conservative. It's perfectly clear. Choosing a party, or not, as I'm an independent, shouldn't be problem. It's when you question your own beliefs is where a problem can occur.

and/or

I know what I believe in, as I would hope you do too. So there is no question for me as to whether or not I'm a liberal or conservative. It's perfectly clear. Choosing a party, or not, as I'm an independent, shouldn't be problem. It's when you question your own beliefs is where a problem can occur.

I agree. Why categorize yourself? Tethering yourself to one of the two dominant parties is tatamount to a sheep marching obidiently into a pen. Besides, I see no difference between the Repub and Dem parties these days. And I'm referring to the people who run the parties. You constituents really mean nothing. You're only there for your vaote anyway. Voters from of both parties are sadly gullable, but I'd have to say that the Repub/Neocon gullability takes the cake, simply because of the way they're used like whores by their party.

and/or

Aaah ... now it makes a little more sense. The biggest problem, as I have said before, is that the alignments and parties are different and constantly changing, depending on who the current leaders are and which groups control the largest number of supporters. When I first learned about politics I fit "liberal" quite well, the hippie, peaceful rebellious liberal that didn't want the "man" (ie government) telling you how to live and what to do. They are not like that at all now though, thanks in part to environuts and anti-everything people buying out the liberal groups. Conservatives have much the same problem. The problem with the supporters is that too many are still willing to latch onto a group in order to belong, instead of thinking for themselves, so they change their ideals to suit the group they "want" to be part of most instead of just thinking on their own. Our countries government parties have changed the most, but the meaning of words to describe the schools of thought have also been changed, sadly, to match the stereotypes better instead of changing the stereotypes to match the actual ideologies. So by no longer supporting these labels one breaks away from the "must belong to something even when it goes against what I believe in" crowd. Which then allows you to think for yourself and join the newest political group, the "I don't give a fuck what they say, this is how I think" group, which has no name.

and/or

I agree. Why categorize yourself? Tethering yourself to one of the two dominant parties is tatamount to a sheep marching obidiently into a pen. Besides, I see no difference between the Repub and Dem parties these days. And I'm referring to the people who run the parties. You constituents really mean nothing. You're only there for your vaote anyway. Voters from of both parties are sadly gullable, but I'd have to say that the Repub/Neocon gullability takes the cake, simply because of the way they're used like whores by their party.

You were doing really good, up until the part where you had to bash one party over another. Then your partisan hack side was exposed like a nude fat chick standing in the food court at the mall.

Pot - kettle - black.

You were doing really good, up until the part where you had to bash one party over another. Then your partisan hack side was exposed like a nude fat chick standing in the food court at the mall.

Pot - kettle - black.

That's objectivity my friend. I call it like I see it. It's mostly due to the fact that we have so much material on the Repubs due to the last eight years. After eight years of Obama, I'll almost certainly be saying the same about the Demmies.

and/or

Aaah ... now it makes a little more sense. The biggest problem, as I have said before, is that the alignments and parties are different and constantly changing, depending on who the current leaders are and which groups control the largest number of supporters. When I first learned about politics I fit "liberal" quite well, the hippie, peaceful rebellious liberal that didn't want the "man" (ie government) telling you how to live and what to do. They are not like that at all now though, thanks in part to environuts and anti-everything people buying out the liberal groups. Conservatives have much the same problem. The problem with the supporters is that too many are still willing to latch onto a group in order to belong, instead of thinking for themselves, so they change their ideals to suit the group they "want" to be part of most instead of just thinking on their own. Our countries government parties have changed the most, but the meaning of words to describe the schools of thought have also been changed, sadly, to match the stereotypes better instead of changing the stereotypes to match the actual ideologies. So by no longer supporting these labels one breaks away from the "must belong to something even when it goes against what I believe in" crowd. Which then allows you to think for yourself and join the newest political group, the "I don't give a fuck what they say, this is how I think" group, which has no name.

Sure it does... it's "independent."

But I agree, and love to see it. More and more people are getting disgusted with the dem/repub status quo. They're all crocked as hell and it's getting harder to tell them apart. Spend, spend, spend... NWO... nothing ever done about all the illegals... wars still being waged... fuck that. And mclame getting the repub nomination was the last straw for me. That pushed me out of the republican party. I'll vote my beliefs from now on. Party won't have squat to do with it.

Sure it does... it's "independent."

But I agree, and love to see it. More and more people are getting disgusted with the dem/repub status quo. They're all crocked as hell and it's getting harder to tell them apart. Spend, spend, spend... NWO... nothing ever done about all the illegals... wars still being waged... fuck that. And mclame getting the repub nomination was the last straw for me. That pushed me out of the republican party. I'll vote my beliefs from now on. Party won't have squat to do with it.

Yeah, but independent isn't like the other labels, it's a label for lack of a label ... um ... okay, just confused myself, but yeah, now you get why I said him questioning his political leanings isn't lame, at least I hope you do.

Forum List

Back