'Don't get me started on politics... greedy politicians present and past wouldn't know the truth if it bit them' - Dolly Parton erupts

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Dolly Parton recently released the first rock song but it was her having a go at lying politicians that surprised me. I also no longer know whether its the lies that upset me or the fact that the lying politician assumes I am stupid enough to believe his lies.

Judging from the comments in the article, she's a left-winger. If she would elaborate some more about those "politicians" she has issues with, it would substantiate that.

• Banned
US historian David Kennedy wrote of Huey Long's Louisiana "the closest thing to a dictatorship that America has ever known"...Long was later assassinated

Dolly Parton recently released the first rock song but it was her having a go at lying politicians that surprised me. I also no longer know whether its the lies that upset me or the fact that the lying politician assumes I am stupid enough to believe his lies.

This from a greedy entertainer ... :rolleyes:

That was a brilliant response. "I'm running FROM office".

She has spent enough on wigs and makeup to feed several African countries, and they're tax deductible.

Don't get me started on politics . We have not . So go back to sleep and leave the thinking to the big boys and girls and the Seagulls top management . Plus Luiza of course .​

Judging from the comments in the article, she's a left-winger. If she would elaborate some more about those "politicians" she has issues with, it would substantiate that.
Dolly Parton is a great singer and song writer

She may be a lib politically, but if so she does not wave her political stupidity in our face like most of the Hollywood crowd, and leaves us only to speculate about which side she’s on

Btw: I agree with her about greedy politicians and most high appointed officials in government

They are leeches on society

Last edited:
Who says I have a problem, ape?
Just pointing out kettle calling pot black.
That's exactly what I said, shithead. You don't have a problem with Ted or Kid Rock though. You, do, though, seem to have a problem with Dolly Parton being a "greedy entertainer".

Dolly Parton is a great singer and song writer

She may be a lib politically, but if so she does not wave her political stupidity in our face like most of the Hollywood crowd, and leaves us only to speculate about which side she’s on

Btw: I agree with her about greedy politicians and most high appointed officials in government

They are leeches on society
The we can expect you to run for political office and show us how it should be done.
HINT.
If what we have are unacceptable, it's because those whom could be acceptable won't step up and do the job.

The we can expect you to run for political office and show us how it should be done.
HINT.
If what we have are unacceptable, it's because those whom could be acceptable won't step up and do the job.
I dont think I would handle the temptation any better than most of the clowns in washington

The key is to limit the power of whoever is in authority

I dont think I would handle the temptation any better than most of the clowns in washington

The key is to limit the power of whoever is in authority
I assume you mean D.C.; not my state.
The temptation issue is one that varies, one of the best ways to resist is to have enough wealth from other sources prior to going into politics that enticements/bribes won't tempt.
This is where I saw "red flags" with Clinton's, Obama's, and Biden's since all three and their spouses went right into politics/guv'mint paychecks straight out of college. Little to no experience in wealth creation, private free enterprise, and almost all their income/wealth based on OPM and "hand out" from those willing to pay best price for their influence/vote.

This is one of the reasons Trump appealed to many of us since he already did his wealth making in the free enterprise, wealth creation market before entering "politics" so he looked to be less tempted to "influence"(bribes) from others.
Consider; how did the Clinton's, Obama's, and Biden's amass personal fortunes far beyond what would be possible via guv'mint salaries and benefits alone???

The US Constitution was meant to and written to limit power of those in authority, but it is not self enforcing. That depends upon the citizens/voters being informed, concerned, and involved in "politics" from local level on up. Unfortunately, too many citizens/voters can barely be bothered to vote, and that often is a matter of "flip a coin" whom to cast their ballot for.

The FAULT isn't our system ~ Constitution;
Nor is the FAULT the politicians we choose to vote for ...
The FAULT is in our fellow citizens whom are ignorant, uninformed, unconcerned, and lackadaisical in their duties as Citizens!

Too many whom cast a ballot are uninformed and careless, hence we "hoist upon our own petard".

Classic example is the "citizen" whom bemoans "politicians as greedy and criminal" yet still votes such into office. And often those same whiny, bitching "citizens" fail to bother to study the candidates and issues to have a clue what they are voting on~into office/law.

To paraphrase;
The fault lies not in our stars but in our selves.

Forum List

Back