Donation Goal for the Month

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
I was just looking at the goal for this month and it's like 30% of 100 USD or 30USD.
Then I happened to see the notes at the bottom of the page listing how many members, 12,005. WOW am I right that's .0025¢ per member!

I am not shilling for donations, I am a newbie that doesn't know any better :lol: I just happened to see that and got my calculator out and just about fell over. I must activate my Paypal account or see if it still is since I haven't used in it about 4 years, and the way it is going I wouldn't mind donating a few USD's for support, but I don't think I could slice a US Penny into .0025 slices, although I have tried at times. :lol:

No offense intended or implied folks, it just struck me funny. I would hope that no one is offended. I know it costs a few 'sea shells' to keep the system going, I guess that's why it popped up when I saw it.

I like this site and already met some nice people in here, kinda nuts like me, but concerned about, people, issues, and how the nation is 'changing'. faster than ever in history. Plus all the extra list of topics to comment on.

the board has met its goal of 100 bucks for the last 3 months ...i do believe...and if i am wrong....some ambition mod...(rolling eyes) will correct me...

matter of fact...if i am not mistaken...last month exceeded their goal by 12%...o hell now i am doing math....someone is gonna get a cussing if they persist

I was just looking at the goal for this month and it's like 30% of 100 USD or 30USD.
Then I happened to see the notes at the bottom of the page listing how many members, 12,005. WOW am I right that's .0025¢ per member!

I am not shilling for donations, I am a newbie that doesn't know any better :lol: I just happened to see that and got my calculator out and just about fell over. I must activate my Paypal account or see if it still is since I haven't used in it about 4 years, and the way it is going I wouldn't mind donating a few USD's for support, but I don't think I could slice a US Penny into .0025 slices, although I have tried at times. :lol:

No offense intended or implied folks, it just struck me funny. I would hope that no one is offended. I know it costs a few 'sea shells' to keep the system going, I guess that's why it popped up when I saw it.

I like this site and already met some nice people in here, kinda nuts like me, but concerned about, people, issues, and how the nation is 'changing'. faster than ever in history. Plus all the extra list of topics to comment on.

You should become a "supporting member" instead of that monthly donation thing. It would be like giving 1.25/month over the year and you get more storage space and stuff :).

matter of fact...if i am not mistaken...last month exceeded their goal by 12%...o hell now i am doing math....someone is gonna get a cussing if they persist

Yes, I would guess many join and are not active, and I am in the process as a newbie in here getting to know the boards and the people, which seem to be pretty nice and some have a neat sense of humor to go with it. Many times people join various sites and use them a few times a never return, but that's how people are. I have no problem donating to a site I would frequent a lot at all.

In my spare time I moderate, or host I guess, a chat room that I have been in for many years and have a many friends there. We get together at least twice a day. I have seen many come in stay a few days or weeks and then 'Phfffft" gone like the wind.

Yeah, those calculators can be useful, too bad those in Washington D.C. don't use them more often. :lol:

Forum List

Back