Doggie Sweaters

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
My take on them is that they have a coat for a reason. I think the dog clothes look pretty gay.

Buuuuuuut, one morning this week my Westie was actually shivering waiting to come in from the back yard. My routine is to wake up, come downstairs to let him out, go back up and take a shower, then let him back in. I felt pretty bad about that.

So, I bought him a doggie sweater. It's the least gay-looking one I could find - beige. I've never seen him shiver before, so that was odd. He seems to like the damn thing, too.

Yeah, I did it. Feels weird, too.

My take on them is that they have a coat for a reason. I think the dog clothes look pretty gay.

Buuuuuuut, one morning this week my Westie was actually shivering waiting to come in from the back yard. My routine is to wake up, come downstairs to let him out, go back up and take a shower, then let him back in. I felt pretty bad about that.

So, I bought him a doggie sweater. It's the least gay-looking one I could find - beige. I've never seen him shiver before, so that was odd. He seems to like the damn thing, too.

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

Some dogs have less fur than other dogs and need that extra layer if they're outside too long or for walks. At least you got a non-gay looking one. I didn't even know they made them in anything other than awful.

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

Some dogs have less fur than other dogs and need that extra layer if they're outside too long or for walks. At least you got a non-gay looking one. I didn't even know they made them in anything other than awful.
Oh, I had to go to three stores before I found one I could stomach. Petco and PetSmart were an absolute waste of time - nothing but 'awful'/gay.

Then I recalled a locally owned, non-chain store in Annandale with almost anything one might want for pets. It took me rifling through tons of awful to find this one.

K...gonna put it on him again and snap a pic. Will try to post.

Watsonsweater32.jpg

Watsonsweater1.jpg

pics??:eusa_doh::redface:

Not too gay, huh?

C'mon guys...ya gotta tell me it's not too gay! I don't want to emotionally scar the little guy. :lol:

Not too gay, huh?

C'mon guys...ya gotta tell me it's not too gay! I don't want to emotionally scar the little guy. :lol:

and what IF your dog was gay? is there anything wrong with that? :eusa_eh::lol:

I suspect that the other dogs make fun of the poor bitch wearing a doggie sweater. How humiliating for the poor mutts. Bad enough being led around on a leash. But those sweaters? The nasty comments of other pooches? Intolerable.

I suspect that the other dogs make fun of the poor bitch wearing a doggie sweater. How humiliating for the poor mutts. Bad enough being led around on a leash. But those sweaters? The nasty comments of other pooches? Intolerable.
:lol: See, that's exactly what I think goes on!

Forum List

Back