Does This Piss You Off? Why Not?

gettingold

Jun 2, 2010
louisiana
What's the news coming out of Grand Isle, Louisiana?

For days there have been about 12 BP workers each day cleaning up the beach.

All of a sudden BP busses in 300-500 people- gives them t-shirts- and pants- and shovels

can you imagine the coincidence involved when the president just happened to show up on that stretch of beach on exactly that day

and the coincidence that they quit work after the president left- BP said it was because of the long hours in the hot sun.

they were paid 12 bucks an hour

and to think- I never believed in coincidences before- and here is two in 1 day

Here, your friendly neighborhood mod got your link for you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts2320

All of a sudden BP busses in 300-500 people- gives them t-shirts- and pants- and shovels

can you imagine the coincidence involved when the president just happened to show up on that stretch of beach on exactly that day

and the coincidence that they quit work after the president left- BP said it was because of the long hours in the hot sun.

Link?

I bet each person bused in was unemployed, American and forced to sign a covenant not to sue BP for illness or injury suffered as a result of the clean up effort.

ARREST TONY HAYWORTH NOW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdKa9eWNFw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - BP CEO Tony Hayward: 'I'd Like My Life Back'[/ame]

So you're saying BP used these people for a photo op/public relations scam?

SHOCKING!

Link?[/QUOTE]

the link has a URL in it and I can't post it yet because I don't have 15 posts

but I shall return as a famous man once said

Link?

Think Progress KATRINA TIMELINE

PRESIDENT BUSH STAGES PHOTO-OP “BRIEFING”: Coast Guard helicopters and crew diverted to act as backdrop for President Bush’s photo-op

LEVEE REPAIR WORK ORCHESTRATED FOR PRESIDENT’S VISIT: Sen. Mary Landrieu, 9/3: “Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.” [Sen. Mary Landrieu]

BUSH USES 50 FIREFIGHTERS AS PROPS IN DISASTER AREA PHOTO-OP: A group of 1,000 firefighters convened in Atlanta to volunteer with the Katrina relief efforts. Of those, “a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew’s first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas.” [Salt Lake Tribune; Reuters]
12PM CDT — BUSH “SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE”: “I am satisfied with the response. I am not satisfied with all the results.” [AP]
PM — FEMA’S NO. 2 OFFICIAL “IMPRESSED” WITH GOVERNMENT RESPONSE: “I am actually very impressed with the mobilization of man and machine to help our friends in this unfortunate area….I think it’s one of the most impressive search-and-rescue operations this country has ever conducted domestically.” [Time]

But don't worry. Laura Bush thinks the storm is working out great for the people of NO

FORMER FIRST LADY PATRONIZES POOR REFUGEES: Former First Lady Barbara Bush says, “Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.” [American Public Media, 9/5/05

Link?

maybe I can post it now

BP buses cleanup crews to Grand Isle for Obama's visit, councilman says | NOLA.com

will this one do or do you want others? we do have newspapers in La. but the mainstream media won't carry the truth

Link?

Think Progress KATRINA TIMELINE

PRESIDENT BUSH STAGES PHOTO-OP “BRIEFING”: Coast Guard helicopters and crew diverted to act as backdrop for President Bush’s photo-op

LEVEE REPAIR WORK ORCHESTRATED FOR PRESIDENT’S VISIT: Sen. Mary Landrieu, 9/3: “Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment.” [Sen. Mary Landrieu]

BUSH USES 50 FIREFIGHTERS AS PROPS IN DISASTER AREA PHOTO-OP: A group of 1,000 firefighters convened in Atlanta to volunteer with the Katrina relief efforts. Of those, “a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew’s first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas.” [Salt Lake Tribune; Reuters]
12PM CDT — BUSH “SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE”: “I am satisfied with the response. I am not satisfied with all the results.” [AP]
PM — FEMA’S NO. 2 OFFICIAL “IMPRESSED” WITH GOVERNMENT RESPONSE: “I am actually very impressed with the mobilization of man and machine to help our friends in this unfortunate area….I think it’s one of the most impressive search-and-rescue operations this country has ever conducted domestically.” [Time]

But don't worry. Laura Bush thinks the storm is working out great for the people of NO

FORMER FIRST LADY PATRONIZES POOR REFUGEES: Former First Lady Barbara Bush says, “Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.” [American Public Media, 9/5/05

Why do you idiots always insert Bush in the equation?

But lets look at both situations Katrina and the current oil leak.

After Katrina, Bush was on site four days after the fact, the reason he wasn't there sooner was because he did not want to disrupt rescue and relief efforts.

After the Gulf oil leak it took Obama almost two weeks to grace Louisiana with his presence. And it should be noted that his visit would not have hampered any type of relief or rescue efforts.

In two days Bush had organized a task force to coordinate a federal response.

It took Obama almost two weeks to appoint Adm. Thad Allen to direct the Gulf of Mexico oil leak response.

SHOCKING!

I agree. I am filled with faux outrage about it.

*tuts and shakes fist at BP*. "Damn you BP! Damn you to hell! This is America! We don't tolerate dishonesty from Corporations! Who do you think you are - the government?"

SHOCKING!

*tuts and shakes fist at BP*. "Damn you BP! Damn you to hell! This is America! We don't tolerate dishonesty from Corporations! Who do you think you are - the government?"

That's the difference between you and me. My outrage isn't faux. And I have no stock in BP, so I'm going to hold them as accountable as anyone else,be it other corporations or the government.

It's just this thread is about them, and their "photo op" for our President.

After Katrina, Bush was on site four days after the fact, the reason he wasn't there sooner was because he did not want to disrupt rescue and relief efforts.

The reason bush didn't visit NO for four days was

a) he was on vacation
b)Bush wasn’t made aware of the failed response until four days after the storm hit
Witness List

And after he toured NO, he said he was pleased with the rescue effort even though people were still dying in NO. ANd when he did visit, he diverted recue equipment for his photo ops, as my link proves.

After the Gulf oil leak it took Obama almost two weeks to grace Louisiana with his presence. And it should be noted that his visit would not have hampered any type of relief or rescue efforts.

bush visit did hamper the relief efforts. He diverted firefighters and NG members. ANd once again, the wingnuts are proving that all they care about is photo ops.

Wrong. It took him two days before he cancelled his VACATION and merely announced the formation of the task force. A week later, HeckuvaGoodJob Brownie, said that he didn't realize how bad the storm was.

Some task force and some coordinated response. The guy in charge of the mission didnt know what was going on

Bush didn't appoint a "Katrina czar" until TWO MONTHS after Katrina hit.
Nation & World: Bush names a hurricane recovery czar - US News and World Report

In Jan 2006, bush again rejects an investigation, rejects a bill for reconstructionof NO, and gives a SOTU speech that doesn't mention Katrina once.

It took Obama almost two weeks to appoint Adm. Thad Allen to direct the Gulf of Mexico oil leak response.

It took bush TWO MONTHS to name a Katrina czar

And where Obama has ordered an investigation into this accident, bush rejected any investigations.

SHOCKING!

That's the difference between you and me. My outrage isn't faux. And I have no stock in BP, so I'm going to hold them as accountable as anyone else,be it other corporations or the government.

It's just this thread is about them, and their "photo op" for our President.

Actually, in truth, I'm pretty horrified by the whole thing - I just don't focus my anger at one corporation.... Until I am sure that they ALONE are responsible... which they aren't. Nor am I a stockholder in BP.... I only do ethical investments.... However, huge numbers of Americans are - without even knowing it - shareholders in BP..... Most US pension funds hold BP stocks. That's a fact - I have already posted a list of the major stockholders.... What we need to do is to think logically about what action should be taken and not get all hysterical about it.

It is better to wait and establish all the facts and then consider what action needs to be taken against those at fault.

The reason bush didn't visit NO for four days was

a) he was on vacation
b)Bush wasn’t made aware of the failed response until four days after the storm hit
Witness List

And after he toured NO, he said he was pleased with the rescue effort even though people were still dying in NO. ANd when he did visit, he diverted recue equipment for his photo ops, as my link proves.

bush visit did hamper the relief efforts. He diverted firefighters and NG members. ANd once again, the wingnuts are proving that all they care about is photo ops.

Wrong. It took him two days before he cancelled his VACATION and merely announced the formation of the task force. A week later, HeckuvaGoodJob Brownie, said that he didn't realize how bad the storm was.

Some task force and some coordinated response. The guy in charge of the mission didnt know what was going on

Bush didn't appoint a "Katrina czar" until TWO MONTHS after Katrina hit.
Nation & World: Bush names a hurricane recovery czar - US News and World Report

In Jan 2006, bush again rejects an investigation, rejects a bill for reconstructionof NO, and gives a SOTU speech that doesn't mention Katrina once.

It took bush TWO MONTHS to name a Katrina czar

And where Obama has ordered an investigation into this accident, bush rejected any investigations.

You idiots are stuck on stupid. Your link proves nothing.

Facts are facts, Katrina made landfal on the 29 of August, two days later Michael Chertoff released a memo to other cabinet members and the Environmental Protection Agency stating that, "the President has established the 'White House Task Force on Hurricane Katrina Response.' He will meet with us tomorrow to launch this effort." The memo also declared Hurricane Katrina to be an Incident of National Significance and designated Michael Brown, Under-Secretary for Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), as the Principal Federal Official (PFO) for incident management purposes.

You wanted Bush to investigate a hurricane? :cuckoo:

Bush did say he was pleased with the efforts and he also stated that the result of relief efforts were "not acceptable".

What pisses me off is apparently they did not give Obama a t-shirt, pants, and a shovel. There always will be too much time and money wasted on "Show and Tell."

SHOCKING!

CG, that comment reminds me of what Charlton Heston said in Planet of the Apes when walking along the beach and saw the top of the Statue of Liberty. In this case raw petroleum pollution 'doing us in', not nuclear war.
You maniacs, you blew it up!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QUOUxqz2M]YouTube - Planet of the Apes (Original) Ending[/ame]

I'd say this is a pretty fucking dumb thing to get mad at. BP did exactly what any other organization does when the wheels come in. You do a spit shine and smile till your elbows are numb.

It ticks me off. Now I want to know did BP orchestrate it because they knew Obama was coming or did the administration orchestrate it.

Forum List

Back