Does the C-RAM system not work as advertised?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
I don't know the answer to the title question. I know that with all the talk about the DPRK launching artillery into Seoul, South Korea upon the advent of war with the U.S., either the C-RAM systems are either not as effective as it seems they would be given the U.S. military's description of the system, or South Korea doesn't have the system implemented even if U.S. forces deployed there do.

I don't know the answer to the title question. I know that with all the talk about the DPRK launching artillery into Seoul, South Korea upon the advent of war with the U.S., either the C-RAM systems are either not as effective as it seems they would be given the U.S. military's description of the system, or South Korea doesn't have the system implemented even if U.S. forces deployed there do.

Don't you know that their president refused the implementation?

Oh whoops, that's THAAD, for longer range. It seems the army (US) wanted to set C-RAM systems up, but I can find no info on it ever happening. :dunno:

U.S. Army Wants To Field Integrated C-RAM Systems

South Korean President Calls for THAAD Deployment to Be Suspended | Military.com

Last edited:

Don't you know that their president refused the implementation?

Oh whoops, that's THAAD, for longer range. It seems the army (US) wanted to set C-RAM systems up, but I can find no info on it ever happening. :dunno:

U.S. Army Wants To Field Integrated C-RAM Systems

South Korean President Calls for THAAD Deployment to Be Suspended | Military.com
Don't you know that their president refused the implementation? Oh whoops, that's THAAD, for longer range.

I didn't know that SK's president has refused THAAD implementation. TY.

It seems the army (US) wanted to set C-RAM systems up, but I can find no info on it ever happening.

The most info I can find on C-RAM deployments among nations/armies other than the U.S.' is on the C-RAM site to which I provided a link. That site indicates that there have been no sales of C-RAM to other nations. I don't know whether SK have developed and implemented their own version of a C-RAM-like system.

Even if it's there and fully operational NK has tens of thousands of artillary pointed at Seoul, 1.1 million troops and 5,000 tanks ready to roll thru the DMZ. About a thousand aircraft many of them that can carry their nukes. Yeah, shoot them down now you've got nuclear material scattered all over. Then you've got the moles. Probably tens of thousands in SK posing as locals who'll conduct behind the lines mayhem.

NK will cease to exist, but the first month of war will be ugly on a scale not seen before.

Even if it's there and fully operational NK has tens of thousands of artillary pointed at Seoul, 1.1 million troops and 5,000 tanks ready to roll thru the DMZ. About a thousand aircraft many of them that can carry their nukes. Yeah, shoot them down now you've got nuclear material scattered all over. Then you've got the moles. Probably tens of thousands in SK posing as locals who'll conduct behind the lines mayhem.

NK will cease to exist, but the first month of war will be ugly on a scale not seen before.

I created the thread to discuss the C-RAM system because the discussion I've been hearing has to do with artillery being fired into SK from the DPRK. I don't think artillery is the sole mode of attack DPRK would use, but I've not heard concern expressed about the other means of attack and expressed in tones/language that implies we/SK would not be able to withstand, repel or interdict/intercept prior to those means full force materializing.

The potential is certainly there for that to be so.

I created the thread to discuss the C-RAM system because the discussion I've been hearing has to do with artillery being fired into SK from the DPRK. I don't think artillery is the sole mode of attack DPRK would use, but I've not heard concern expressed about the other means of attack and expressed in tones/language that implies we/SK would not be able to withstand, repel or interdict/intercept prior to those means full force materializing.

NK has a million men and thousands of tanks on the border ready to invade. SK has maybe a hundred thousand, we have 15,000.

NK will take 2/3 of SK before being defeated. I only hope we don't have pussy leadership agreeing to a ceasefire like last time.

NK has a million men and thousands of tanks on the border ready to invade. SK has maybe a hundred thousand, we have 15,000.

NK will take 2/3 of SK before being defeated. I only hope we don't have pussy leadership agreeing to a ceasefire like last time.

Just the artillery could very well level most of S. Korea.

Just the artillery could very well level most of S. Korea.
NK has more tunnels than a wheel of Swiss cheese. It will take a long time before their guns are silenced.

It's not the moles that are most worrying, but the mobile rocket launchers, they could be fitted with small warheads. Seoul is so close there wouldn't even be much time to shoot them down.

Seoul is so close there wouldn't even be much time to shoot them down.

I've occasionally wondered jokingly whether missiles shot from right on the DPRK side of the DMZ would have to fly past Seoul -- or in some other way, up perhaps, further than the distance from there to Seoul (~35 miles) -- and then return to actually hit the city. LOL

Forum List

Back