Does it matter who is President?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Does it really matter who is elected? After much thought on the matter and with the economy tanking, even after the "so called bailout" Does anyone think that Barack Obama or John McCain is going to do ANYTHING to stop the amazing lack of attention that Washington has paid to this country in the last 35 years? Does anyone believe that when elected that one or the other of these men will reach across the isle to the other side to bring together all Americans to come up with real solutions for this country or do you think that it will be business as usual. That both John McCain and Barack Obama will pay lip service to that and act in such a highly partisan manner that the real work never gets done.

2. MalibuMan

MalibuMan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44

It is painfully apparent nothing is going to change. Just look at this rediculous bill they passed with all that damn pork in it. Same ole thing. :cuckoo:

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I came to that same conclusion last week Malibu and now look at the non results this morning on this so called "much needed bill" thats being rammed up our collective backsides.

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    it won't really matter. there are obviously little or no differences among the republicrats. the bail out screw job proved that.

5. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Real change to Washington would be a change of the party monopoly. End the 150+ years of Democrat/Republican monopoly in Washington. Vote no to McCain and Obama. Vote no to Washington. Vote yes in the end of our corrupt Federal Government.

I'm for Neither Candidate and I approved this message.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    in that regard, not a huge amount of difference. but it depends on what issues matter to you. if you care about the courts (and today being the first monday in october, it's worth thinking about)... then it makes a huge difference who becomes president.

7. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    No, it doesn't really matter. Both have proven they are unqualified. But, as jillian said, the courts will be changed during the next four years. I'd rather have justices who don't rule from the bench. However, I don't care enough to actually vote for McCain anymore. If he wins, yippee! If he loses, I get four years to prove to everyone how fucking worthless Barack Obama really is.

8. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    And I thought I was cynical.

But you're right.

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    If you look at the makeup of the courts as a reason, and thats an important factor in your voting decision then I of course I can see where that would matter. However, that would ultimately mean that both of these mean would apply standards to a Supreme Court Justice that have nothing to do with the law and have everything to do with a social view. This proves my point, when you have two parties Republican and Democrat and they both have a solid position on who they will appoint to the Court then it omits a qualified candidate simply by a standard applied based on ideaology. This is what got us to this point in the first place in my IMHO.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Yes, it does. We need a weak moderate for President and a conservative Congress. No more wars and no more idiotic social programs. They're too expensive.