Does anyone know the answer

To expand in what Soggy in NOLA was saying, the difference appears to come from whether one counts gross government debt or net government debt (United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The $10T figure does not include money that is owed to federal entities such as the Social Security Trust Fund. To my mind that is a somewhat more meaningful number (since borrowing from or lending to one's self should not change how indebted one is) but the gross debt (i.e., the $15T) is the conventionally cited figure.
So, if I have an account that I pay My mortgage out of and steal that money to pay for My gambling debt....when I list My debts I don't list the empty mortgage account as debt, even though I still owe the mortgage?

Seriously? For most of us, we lose our house with that kind of accounting.....

Oh wait.....we are losing our house. China owns the mortgage.

The figures probably do not include the interest on the debt. Obama has not increased the debt we suffer from it's all from Bush and his legislation than hands welfare to the 1% with taxpayer funds.

:lol:

He IS joking, right?

No he isn't joking. I thought he was at first But go to Chris's thread obama is doing a wonderful job. And some of jacks comments in that thread will enlighten you about him.:lol:

Forum List

Back