Do you use Microsoft OneNote?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
New, successful phishing attacks are using OneNote documents to gain access to computers and passwords.

Cybersecurity researchers note that it's unusual for OneNote documents to be abused in this way and there's one simple reason why attackers are experimenting with them -- because they can more easily bypass threat detection than other attachments. And it appears to be working.
Hackers are using this new trick to deliver their phishing attacks

why do you believe it?
Because over the last decade or so that's where companies have been storing their passwords and other sensitive site information. OneNote is part of the Office suite. Log into Windows and unless you use 2 Factor Authentication, you're in your Office suite. Easy for a bad actor or a hacker to gain access to that information once you've already bypassed the need for active threat detection.

Believe it.

Because over the last decade or so that's where companies have been storing their passwords and other sensitive site information. OneNote is part of the Office suite. Log into Windows and unless you use 2 Factor Authentication, you're in your Office suite. Easy for a bad actor or a hacker to gain access to that information once you've already bypassed the need for active threat detection.

Believe it.
Lol, you don't know what companies do. You're just another lying leftist. The tv tells you something and you swallow it whole.

Lol, you don't know what companies do. You're just another lying leftist. The tv tells you something and you swallow it whole.
I live it and see it every day, tex. I've seen most kinds of attacks before people like you start spouting nonsense on anonymous Internet message boards.

You want to know who the biggest enemy a corporation has when it comes to security?...people like YOU!! :)
Dumb. Stupid. Ignorant. Just click on anything you get emailed and before you know it....Hello ransomware! :auiqs.jpg:

Do you use Microsoft OneNote?\​

Not since 2010.
I used it in two companies up until 2018. It's essentially a notepad on mild steroids.
If you want to store passwords and sensitive site information, there are a multitude of secure password programs that use 2FA to store information like that in.

I didn't like its format.
I used it in two companies up until 2018. It's essentially a notepad on mild steroids.
If you want to store passwords and sensitive site information, there are a multitude of secure password programs that use 2FA to store information like that in.

Nope. Don't use it or the MS cloud back up. I may be an idiot, but I ain't no fool. I trust that company about as far as I can throw them. I use them because I am cheapskate, but I know not to give them any king of leverage over my shit.

Not a chance.
Remembering that everything you do with Microsoft is outright stated will be disseminated to advertisers and all comers.

yeah... hell no

New, successful phishing attacks are using OneNote documents to gain access to computers and passwords.

Cybersecurity researchers note that it's unusual for OneNote documents to be abused in this way and there's one simple reason why attackers are experimenting with them -- because they can more easily bypass threat detection than other attachments. And it appears to be working.
Hackers are using this new trick to deliver their phishing attacks
Vlad told me to remove it.

Forum List

Back