Do you trust Trump to NOT weaken the rights of private property owners if elected?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Eminent Domain could be a real problem if it were amended under the control of a president who is a huge real estate developer. Granted he wouldn't benefit from it while in office but he could certainly set up the domino's for his empire upon leaving office.

Just to note, I literally know jackshit about this kind of stuff so this is just me thinking out loud from a position that does not have the knowledge but plenty of concern.

I want to be able to trust Trump.

I don't think you have to worry about Trump setting anything up for himself 9 years from now. He'll be 78 years old and how often do you see former presidents work after they leave office anyway? He'd make plenty of money giving speeches if he's still able to get around.

I agree with SJ. Trump has plenty of money and clout already he doesn't need eminent domain.

• Banned
He has a young family who will take over his real estate empire. Trump himself has admitted he's used imminent domain has he not?

Trump going back into real estate after being president would be like Jimmy Carter going back to peanut farming. It just doesn't happen.

He has a young family who will take over his real estate empire. Trump himself has admitted he's used imminent domain has he not?
He has enough money to live several lifetimes. And money makes money so they will never have to build another thing again.

The government already takes property to build freeways and schools so I fear that more than trump.

• Banned
Trump going back into real estate after being president would be like Jimmy Carter going back to peanut farming. It just doesn't happen.
I disagree. Trump is an action/limelight junkie. My opinion is that he never expected to get this far in the race but ultimately wouldn't care because he was just a bored billionaire doing it to entertain himself.

I disagree. Trump is an action/limelight junkie. My opinion is that he never expected to get this far in the race but ultimately wouldn't care because he was just a bored billionaire doing it to entertain himself.
He'll have plenty of airtime to stroke his ego if he becomes president. He can brag the rest of his life about his accomplishments. Once you've been president you don't go any higher after that.

I disagree. I think he just likes to achieve and this would be his biggest achievement. No reason to go any further from there.

No, don't trust Trump on this. He has made it clear he feels the Federal Govt should be able to step in and seize the beach front property your 'Grandmaw' left you when she dies in order to sell the property to a huge hotel chain, which will provide more local tax revenue, tourism, etc..... The government thinks they know how to use what you own better than you can, could make more money with that property than you can, and that those facts are justification enough to seize your property.

No, don't trust Trump on this. He has made it clear he feels the Federal Govt should be able to step in and seize the beach front property your 'Grandmaw' left you when she dies in order to sell the property to a huge hotel chain, which will provide more local tax revenue, tourism, etc..... The government thinks they know how to use what you own better than you can, could make more money with that property than you can, and that those facts are justification enough to seize your property.

total bullshit. If your property is subject to eminent domain you are paid the market price for it. It is not "seized".

The ignorance displayed on this message board is amazing.

I don't think you have to worry about Trump setting anything up for himself 9 years from now. He'll be 78 years old and how often do you see former presidents work after they leave office anyway? He'd make plenty of money giving speeches if he's still able to get around.

When have you ever seen Donald Rump "work"?

Pushing pencils moving money around is neither "work" nor beyond the reach of a 74-year-old money-addicted asshole.

And yes I corrected your figure, which somehow ass-umed that not only could Rump be elected, but could then get RE-elected. :rofl:

He has enough money to live several lifetimes. And money makes money so they will never have to build another thing again.

The government already takes property to build freeways and schools so I fear that more than trump.

He does have that, but the money-addicted never have "enough". They're addicted not to the wealth itself but to the acquisition. It's a phallic thing I'm afraid.

When have you ever seen Donald Rump "work"?

Pushing pencils moving money around is neither "work" nor beyond the reach of a 74-year-old money-addicted asshole.

And yes I corrected your figure, which somehow ass-umed that not only could Rump be elected, but could then get RE-elected. :rofl:

Trump will be elected and he will serve only one term. His VP (Carson or Rubio) will then serve two terms. The dem dynasty in DC is over, obama and clinton destroyed the party of Kennedy and Truman

total bullshit. If your property is subject to eminent domain you are paid the market price for it. It is not "seized".

The ignorance displayed on this message board is amazing.

What if it's not for sale?

Forum List

Back