CDZ Do you think that when this crisis is over we will see a change in our societies ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Maybe in attitudes or even in statute form ?

I am not confident that much will change but if I could wave a wand -

I would like to see the whole disaster analyzed and best practice adopted for future problems. Some countries have done really well but some of us have not.

I would like to see our government be mandated to hold a certain level of ppe in readiness.

I would like to see this audited every year by the NAO and the results published.

I would like to see a minister for disaster created and task them with sorting out protocols for lockdowns and supply issues.

I would like people to have more appreciation for our frontline workers, the ones who are keeping the country going.

I would like to see more companies adopt home working for staff.

Im sure there are a lot more things that could and should happen.

I would like to see the whole disaster analyzed and best practice adopted for future problems. Some countries have done really well but some of us have not.

I would like to see our government be mandated to hold a certain level of ppe in readiness.

I would like to see this audited every year by the NAO and the results published.

I would like to see a minister for disaster created and task them with sorting out protocols for lockdowns and supply issues.

I would like people to have more appreciation for our frontline workers, the ones who are keeping the country going.

Short term attitudes will change but in the long term no.

What I mean by short term is the next ten years but after the ten year benchmark attitudes will revert back like usual...

Short term attitudes will change but in the long term no.

What I mean by short term is the next ten years but after the ten year benchmark attitudes will revert back like usual...
Probably have another outbreak of something before then.

I think those changes that involve people finding that something is more convenient and comfortable than what they used to do will last. Everything else will eventually work its way back to same old, same old.

I think those changes that involve people finding that something is more convenient and comfortable than what they used to do will last. Everything else will eventually work its way back to same old, same old.
It killed over 500 people here today. There have to be changes.

While your wet dream of bigger, more over-reaching government is feverishly being pursued; there are many, many folks realizing the failures of big government. And as such are quite content to take their own personal safety into their own hands. There will be conflict...

I sure hope so.

For example, I hope woman are far more complaint to having sex with men.

That would be awesome!
They are exceedingly compliant now. That hasn’t changed. As long as the mechanisms for them gaining access to your resources exist; capable men will be swimming in pussy. Now if the gynocentric court system takes a hit... They’ll have to fall back to tried and true methods.
766C5779-6778-4B14-B7D4-4D6E769DD10E.jpeg

Women were born born with an uncanny advantage. When they fall on hard times; they can always fall on their backs to get through them...

It is a certainty that the world will change in some fundamental ways as a result of this crisis. It is also a certainty that it will be a mixed bag. The aftermath of this thing will be a golden age for political opportunists. It is my sincere hope that the honorable crusaders for justice will get more traction than the wannabe Hitlers.

It is a certainty that the world will change in some fundamental ways as a result of this crisis. It is also a certainty that it will be a mixed bag. The aftermath of this thing will be a golden age for political opportunists. It is my sincere hope that the honorable crusaders for justice will get more traction than the wannabe Hitlers.
hitler was ok--he just went a little too far

Well that's up to China isn't it?

hitler was ok--he just went a little too far
He went a lot too far. The thing about political opportunists is that they are hardly ever competent leaders. They get people all worked up with their big ideas but their gigantic egos get in the way of everything. Their inability to share glory makes them reject the brilliant people needed for great works. Their moral certitude makes them callous. Their inability to accept blame makes them surround themselves with yes-men. Their lack of humility makes them ignorant of their limitations. They hardly ever get to live to see anything of value their shenanigans produce.

There once was swine flu. Then the Ebola hysteria swept the country. The Obama administration, lessons learned, drew up a pandemic preparedness plan, and put it on a shelf for subsequent administrations to follow. The plan included such useful things to follow through for a time when there was information on a disaster looming on the horizon as to stockpile protective gear.

Trump and his minions had better ideas - and the plan gathered dust on that shelf.

The problem with learning from history is, we don't. That most certainly applies to procedures and statutes. It applies tenfold to much-harder-to-change attitudes.

The precondition for learning from history and changing attitudes is a long memory, one that isn't overwhelmed by the chase for the latest shiny object dangled before our snouts. But, of course, that would require us to ignore, say, the latest FaceShit memes pushed out to capture our attention, and not just for now, but we reliably don't, and we reliably won't learn a darn thing.

The hatred that bubbled up may never be forgotten or gotten over. Democrats are going to be paying for the party they are having for generations.

The Democrats will blame the Republicans and the Republicans will blame the Democrats. The rest of US will be wonder why the fuck we listened to any of them. Hopefully our economy won't crash and burn in the meantime.

The only thing that may take root long term is working from home. Less office space is a winner for businesses. Possible flexible shifts is a winner for workers. The technology exists for informational security to stay intact.

Forum List

Back