Do You Support The Possible Coming Wars With Iran & Syria?

Do You Support The Possible Coming Wars With Iran & Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Iraq is independent, not a vassal. You think that means Iraq is not US leaning?

Do you actually trust Nouri al-Maliki?

As stated by Maliki's assistant, Iran's influence played a part with Iraq's decision not to extend US troops presence in Iraq.

Maliki lived in exile in both Syria and Iran.

Earlier in a post you noted that Iraq now has human rights, for whom? The Sunni population has been marginalized. Right after the troops left Maliki has gone on the offensive against Iraq's own Sunni government officials, to the point of briefly arresting his own Sunni VP!
As US troops exit Iraq, Maliki moves against Sunni rivals - CSMonitor.com.

Iraq has a Shia majority just like Iran. Iraq and Iran are the only two countries in the Middle East that have Shia led governments. With Saddam (a Sunni) gone, it opened the door for Iran to influence Iraq and for Iraq to welcome Iran's trade and enterprise, which Iraq has done.

Based on Malili's actions and history, I wouldn't bet the farm that he leans more to the US than he does to Iran.

Is Maliki the dictator in Iraq? Since when?

Where did I even hint that Makili was a dictator?

What I did say is that Makili has marginalized the Sunni and has gone after the Sunni leadership within Iraq's government!

Do you actually trust Nouri al-Maliki?

As stated by Maliki's assistant, Iran's influence played a part with Iraq's decision not to extend US troops presence in Iraq.

Maliki lived in exile in both Syria and Iran.

Earlier in a post you noted that Iraq now has human rights, for whom? The Sunni population has been marginalized. Right after the troops left Maliki has gone on the offensive against Iraq's own Sunni government officials, to the point of briefly arresting his own Sunni VP!
As US troops exit Iraq, Maliki moves against Sunni rivals - CSMonitor.com.

Iraq has a Shia majority just like Iran. Iraq and Iran are the only two countries in the Middle East that have Shia led governments. With Saddam (a Sunni) gone, it opened the door for Iran to influence Iraq and for Iraq to welcome Iran's trade and enterprise, which Iraq has done.

Based on Malili's actions and history, I wouldn't bet the farm that he leans more to the US than he does to Iran.

What I did say is that Makili has marginalized the Sunni and has gone after the Sunni leadership within Iraq's government!

Sounds just like Obama and the GOP!
Doesn't mean Iraq is not US-leaning and the only Arab democracy.

Doesn't mean Iraq is not US-leaning and the only Arab democracy.[/QUOT

Telling the US that Iraq wouldn't accept US troops in Iraq after the end of the year to appease Iran isn't exactly not "US-leaning".

Last edited:

Telling the US that Iraq wouldn't accept US troops in Iraq after the end of the year to appease Iran isn't exactly not "US-leaning".

The Obama Administration would not negotiate on the issue and simply gave up. How is that proof of anything other than their incompetence?

The Obama Administration would not negotiate on the issue and simply gave up. How is that proof of anything other than their incompetence?

Now there's a partisan statement.

GWB couldn't negotiate with the Iraqi government either in regards to extending the US troops stay in Iraq. So taking in your definition of Obama's incompetence, both GWB and Obama were incompetent by failing to secure a longer stay for the troops in Iraq.

the wars will be easy, it will be the rebuilding after the wars that will kill us........

I think the only reason the Obama took everyone out of Iraq was to prepare for this war with Iran. Why to you think the Chinese are move closer to the strait where all the oil is being transported out of. I do not support the US Iran war if it breaks out however i do not feel it is being ignored but antagonized. I feel that not only are the US instigating this but every other country involved.
Iran warned US to stop flying drones in their airspace. US said no, we will continue with fly overs into Iran air space.
Russia, China, talk of oil embargo on new Iran oil which would crush our whole economy world wide.
You don't think anything is going to come from this?
Everyday we are getting closer to something happening. Either all these countries will calm down and come up with a solution we can all agree on or a massive problem is going to arise each and every one of us come the turn of the new year. However i do feel that we wont see any agreement or any action at that till after the new year.

Wow,it's clear most would not support these Wars. Lets hope our Politicians understand this.

GWB couldn't negotiate with the Iraqi government either in regards to extending the US troops stay in Iraq. So taking in your definition of Obama's incompetence, both GWB and Obama were incompetent by failing to secure a longer stay for the troops in Iraq.
BOOOSH. Do you guys have any other talking points? We aren't discussing Bush. We are discussing Obama. Maintaining a presence there was much more important than troop stay. And the fact is the Obama Administration gave up easily.

BOOOSH. Do you guys have any other talking points? We aren't discussing Bush. We are discussing Obama. Maintaining a presence there was much more important than troop stay. And the fact is the Obama Administration gave up easily.

You say we aren't discussing Bush, yet the subject of our troops leaving Iraq certainly encompasses GWB,,,he signed the friggen agreement!!!
The Iraqis said the same thing to GWB as they said to Obama, "get your troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011"! Both GWB and Obama agreed to Iraq's wishes.
Do I think either Bush or Obama were incompetent for following Iraq's wishes? NO! But you seem to think Obama was incompetent and only Obama! No partisanship in your train of thought! :badgrin:

As no wars have happened yet, I can't support them.

And I dont know what reasons we are going to war for or the options of avoiding it.

You say we aren't discussing Bush, yet the subject of our troops leaving Iraq certainly encompasses GWB,,,he signed the friggen agreement!!!
The Iraqis said the same thing to GWB as they said to Obama, "get your troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011"! Both GWB and Obama agreed to Iraq's wishes.
Do I think either Bush or Obama were incompetent for following Iraq's wishes? NO! But you seem to think Obama was incompetent and only Obama! No partisanship in your train of thought! :badgrin:

You don't know much about this, do you?
If Bush had negotiated the withdrawal then what did Obama do?
The strategic framework agreement between America and Iraq

You don't know much about this, do you?
If Bush had negotiated the withdrawal then what did Obama do?
The strategic framework agreement between America and Iraq

========================
From Right Wing News

President Barack Obama told disabled veterans in Atlanta on Monday that he was fulfilling a campaign promise by ending U.S. combat operations in Iraq “on schedule,” by Aug. 31.

But the timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops in Iraq was decided during the Bush administration with the signing of the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) by U.S. and Iraq officials on Nov. 16, 2008. The Iraqi parliament signed SOFA on Nov. 27, 2008.

The agreement, which had been in negotiations since 2007, set a timetable calling for most U.S. troops to leave Iraqi towns and cities by June 30, 2009, with about 50,000 troops left in place until the final withdrawal of all U.S. military forces by Dec. 31, 2011.

Obama Takes Credit For Bush’s Iraq Withdrawal Timeline | Right Wing News

At least you admit Obama did not end the Iraq war. that's a start.
Now go back and look at the link I provided. And then you might understand why Obama fucked up. Again.

I don't agree that it won't happen. Lybia happened, Pakistan happened, Obama might do it and Romney is even more likely to.

But yeah, I'm against it 100%.

If Obama does do it, it would only be to saddle the next president with an unpopular war for political reasons in 2016, that is if he loses in 2012 I mean.

One could argue the question is moot – given the fact we’ve nearly depleted our military assets wasting our efforts the last ten years fighting two pointless wars.

Can't be too pointless, the democrats voted to let Bush send troops to both countries, and Obama now has continued said policies.

The neo-cons have made the world a far more dangerous place for all of earth's people since the invasion of Iraq. The war was wrong: at the time, against the people, for vague reasons, for the principals who prospered.

Cheney et al cannot travel in Europe, Massachusetts, or Oregon for fear of arrest.

Neo-conservatism is a philosophy of criminality.

Forum List

Back