Do You Suport the Bailout?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Toro, Oct 4, 2008.

?

Do You Support the Bailout of the Financial System?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,121
    I didn't see such a poll elsewhere, so Mods, if there is one, please shut this one down.

I'm very interested to know if you support the bailout? Why or why not?

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Absolutely not. The generations responsible for either causing or allowing it should be the ones to weather the storm, so that a true correction can be felt by our children who should not have to be responsible for even one DIME of debt or LOST dime from inflation because of it.

All it does is perpetuate the failed economic policy our government forces down our throat. It's an affront to the free market, and it's downright shameful that we are passing this on to our children.

This country NEEDS a real recession right now. But of course, it's an election year. :rolleyes:

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    No way--anything that Wall street, republicans and democrats all agree on has to be bad for us.

4. rconry

rconry Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hell no i don't support this crap. it seems like these banks played speculation trying to raise rates when they were going down to try and take over these houses to sell them later and make a profit. their rotten business deals went wrong and now i am supposed to let my tax money go to make sure they get a paycheck. when my industry took a dive in the 90's no one was there to help me. right now i am making less of a wage than i made in '95. i am supposed to take two kinds of insulin to control my diabetes and currently i can only afford one, and i do have health insurance. well my insurance isn't really worth a s***, so i just sit back and count the days until my kidneys fail. to tell you the truth if my taxes are raised so we can have some sort of affordable health care for the people who need it, raise them. i know a guy at work who was put on xanax and developed a habit for prescription drugs, now he'll do any pill out in front of him. since he is a drug addict and had to take some time off work because he was a danger to himself at work the state of ohio gave him a medicaid card and now he gets free medical. he wonders why i dislike him so much. i can't afford my mediation and i am not a drug addict, but ever since he became on he gets everything he wants. well now his house is in foreclosure. we'll see what kind of help he gets for being irresponsible with paying the bills too.

5. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    I could get behind this bill if it actually addressed the problem. All this does is infuse money into a market that would have rebounded on it's own. Giving banks money that will still be dependent on collecting mortgage payments that won't show up. Buying debt at 20 cents on the dollar, what is teh federal govt. going to do with these loans that they purchased? Foreclose? If so, how are they going to liquidate? This bill sucks. It leaves more questions than answers and now Pelosi wants to hold hearings to find out what happened? Why doesn't she just ask Barney Frank's boyfriend? He knows what happened.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    No.

You cannot solve a problem caused by government regulation, with more government regulation. We need to let the market stabilize itself, stop our out of control spending, quit inflating the money, and return to sound currency.

The media disgusted me throughout the whole process as well. One minute they're denouncing President Bush as having no clout, then they turn around and force his fear-mongering, "without this bailout our economy will collapse" nonsense to the masses.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    Reluctantly, yes. I only hope that Congress makes sure this cannot happen again, but I don't have much hope of that.

If people can't get credit and the world economy collapses, my future is in question, through no fault of my own.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    Allow our economy to collapse and create a new Great Depression and you will destroy this society. If can not survive such an event. Our cities would go up in flames and Government would break down. Can we say Anarchy?

We are not the self reliant people we once were. The last 3 generations have been taught that they will get what they want and will always HAVE things. Remove that and the entire society collapses. One LARGE collapse all at once would tear us apart.

9. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    This is what Bush, Paulson, and Bernanke want people to believe would have happened. It's not very accurate.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,010
    You are wrong and fortunately they got what they ask for. Though the collapse is still possible.