Do you have a CCW, and do you carry?

Do you have a CCW, and do you carry?

• I have a CCW, but do not carry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CCW, and carry infrequently.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I have a CCW, and carry daily.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • My State allows open carry, but I do not carry, or carry infrequently..

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • My State allows open carry, and I carry daily.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
Interested in how many of us have CCW's (concealed carry permits), how many people carry, and how often.

I carry a pretty mean attitude, and I'm not aware of any legislation that would otherwise prohibit me walking with a certain swing in my hips.

Last edited:
I have never carried a concealed weapon, Mini 14, but I have drawn and fired a pistol in a built-up area with innocent bystanders present, if that's any help. And it's not a situation/experience that I'd like to repeat, either.

Avid target shooter, but I don't have CCL and I don't carry. I have a Beretta 92FS, and H&K USP full size, both in 9mm. I have shot them a lot, but don't carry. My Dad served in army infantry in WWII (he was in 37th division, 145th anti tank co., was in the big battle at hill 700, you can search and find it easily, he was a machine gunner to start the war, ended as a scout off by himself with M1 carbine with center punched rear sight, he said you "had to know the gun", each shot different) and he taught me to shoot. I taught my 2 sons to shoot, figured it could come in handy, but we just shot targets.

Nowadays, I have 2 .223 varmint rifles that I shoot at a range, 32X scopes, reload my own ammo. I have fired 5 consecutive 5-shot groups all measuring between .5" and .6" at 100 yds, measured center to center (took a while to develop the load). That's good for a $700 off the rack remington or savage (the two I have).

Life member of NRA since '78.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back