Do you believe/appreciate ...

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
.... Obama on creation:

I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and that I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live -- that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible. That, I don't presume to know.

Favim.com-462341.gif

"Essentially true".

Just another word for "not true".

He's a piece of shit.

Obama is the Messiah... Who better than he to interpret creation?

.... Obama on creation:

I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and that I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live -- that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible. That, I don't presume to know.

I believe in God the creator. I don't believe he yanked a rib out of Adam to create a woman.

I don't need to know how he created the earth.

yes, I think the same way as Obama on the topic...I don't believe we know what a 'day' is in 'God's time'.... and to presume that we do know what a day is in God's time is rather arrogant....

2 Peter 3:8

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day
CLEARLY this scripture is telling us that we can't know what a day is ON God's terms....

it does not say that one day IS a thousand years....it states one day IS AS a thousand years....

Peter is telling us that one day to God is much longer and beyond our understanding, not a single 24 hour period.

Last edited:
  • Banned
yes, I think the same way as Obama on the topic...I don't believe we know what a 'day' is in 'God's time'.... and to presume that we do know what a day is in God's time is rather arrogant....

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day

CLEARLY this scripture is telling us that we can't know what a day is ON God's terms....

it does not say that one day IS a thousand years....it states one day IS AS a thousand years....

Peter is telling us that day to God is much longer and beyond our understanding, not a single 24 hour period.

So, no problem with Obama not committing to the science community's standard estimate of the age of the earth?

A really stupid thread but for one point. The right wing objected to gotcha questions before they embraced them.

The Earth is estimated to be between 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old.

.... Obama on creation:

It sounds like Obama is voting "present".

.... Obama on creation:

It sounds like Obama is voting "present".

Yup

Does it really matter what Obama believes on this issue?? :cool:

Some care about disingenuousness from Obama.

Some care enough to ask Rubio his opinion on the subject and mock him for his Obama-like answer.

I care about the segment of Obama supporters who actually believe that Obama is probably atheistic or agnostic* and probably believes the earth is 4 billion years old, and I wonder how they feel about his answer.

*or who may accept that he is Christian but still think he believes the earth is billions of years old

Peter is telling us that day to God is much longer and beyond our understanding, not a single 24 hour period.

So, no problem with Obama not committing to the science community's standard estimate of the age of the earth?
Man's estimate from the science community has changed a few times already as new information and discoveries make their way up...and SCIENTISTS would be the first to tell you, that their estimates will probably change again as more knowledge is acquired....

so no, I have no problem with that at all...he certainly left the door open for them changing their minds as they discover more....

Some care enough to ask Rubio his opinion on the subject and mock him for his Obama-like answer.

I care about the segment of Obama supporters who actually believe that Obama is probably atheistic or agnostic* and probably believes the earth is 4 billion years old, and I wonder how they feel about his answer.

*or who may accept that he is Christian but still think he believes the earth is billions of years old
you do realize that NO WHERE in the Holy Bible does it state that the Earth/man is only 6000 years old and that this estimate came from a Pastor in the 1700/1800's making his best guess, NOT from God?

Last edited:

you do realize that NO WHERE in the Holy Bible does it state that the Earth/man is only 6000 years old and that this estimate came from a Pastor in the 1800's making his best guess, NOT from God?

What I realize is that instead of firmly embracing science, Obama carefully threaded that needle. He gave his usual pandering, noncommittal present-voting, danger-dodging politician's answer.

you do realize that NO WHERE in the Holy Bible does it state that the Earth/man is only 6000 years old and that this estimate came from a Pastor in the 1800's making his best guess, NOT from God?

What I realize is that instead of firmly embracing science, Obama carefully threaded that needle. He gave his usual pandering, noncommittal present-voting, danger-dodging politician's answer.
IF THAT'S what you WANT to call it....

but I and my husband would have given the same answer...would have answered it the same way....and we have no one to pander to nor do we have political aspirations....and I can assure you that there are millions if not billions of believing Christians that view it the same way

Forum List

Back