Do women want to be treated like children?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Consider domestic violence: Why is this considered separately from assault? If some thug athlete beats up another guy outside a bar, the incident is quickly forgotten. However if he slaps his girlfriend, he may face severe fines and penalties from his employer. Do we really want gender equality, or is that merely an empty political slogan masking our preferred double standards?

Consider domestic violence: Why is this considered separately from assault? If some thug athlete beats up another guy outside a bar, the incident is quickly forgotten. However if he slaps his girlfriend, he may face severe fines and penalties from his employer. Do we really want gender equality, or is that merely an empty political slogan masking our preferred double standards?

I think it's viewed as more heinous for 2 reasons:

(1) Normally, a man is much stronger than a woman so her ability to have the upper had or even equal hand is not there and;
(2) In a "relationship" there is an implied level of trust and love. Abusing that trust/love is more heinous than 2 guys (friends or strangers) getting into a brawl.

Remember, men can be victims of domestic violence also.

I always wonder what the woman did to piss off her attacker. SOs don't generally just walk up and smack the crap of our their loved ones for no reason.

Is the op unaware that women are also charged with domestic violence? lol

There is no gender associated with domestic violence. Its just to identify a subcategory of assault.

do·mes·tic vi·o·lence
noun
  1. violent or aggressive behavior within the home, typically involving the violent abuse of a spouse or partner.

(1) Normally, a man is much stronger than a woman so her ability to have the upper had or even equal hand is not there and;
(2) In a "relationship" there is an implied level of trust and love. Abusing that trust/love is more heinous than 2 guys (friends or strangers) getting into a brawl.

but that's the OPs point. How can you want equality when you see yourself as more weak?

I always wonder what the woman did to piss off her attacker. SOs don't generally just walk up and smack the crap of our their loved ones for no reason.

Many men get angry because their woman tries to be her own person.

The type of men that hit women are into control and if they feel they are losing "control" of their woman, they get aggressive to get them "back in line".

It could be something as simple as not calling to say you are running late, or, suddenly going out with a new girlfriend. They find it threatening, and lash out, but they will make it sound like it's your fault by twisting truths.

but that's the OPs point. How can you want equality when you see yourself as more weak?

You can't help that you are physically weaker. Most women just want equal respect for intelligence and authority. I don't know many women that want to get into a weight lifting contest with their male counterparts.

I don't want to be equal. I want a man to take care of me. I just want to be loved.

The type of men that hit women are into control and if they feel they are losing "control" of their woman, they get aggressive to get them "back in line".

It could be something as simple as not calling to say you are running late, or, suddenly going out with a new girlfriend. They find it threatening, and lash out, but they will make it sound like it's your fault by twisting truths.

Is no justifying hitting somoeone. Am just saying there's almost always a reason. May not be lawful or even rational, but media depicts every instance of it as a blameless victim when that's almost never true. Something provoked the aggressor. Doesn't justify it, but it does at least explain it. But by depicting such incidents wholly one-sided like the abusive man against the helpless woman the claim is made the woman's always innocent.

Is no justifying hitting somoeone. Am just saying there's almost always a reason. May not be lawful or even rational, but media depicts every instance of it as a blameless victim when that's almost never true. Something provoked the aggressor. Doesn't justify it, but it does at least explain it. But by depicting such incidents wholly one-sided like the abusive man against the helpless woman the claim is made the woman's always innocent.

well if you get smacked around for not calling because you were running 10 minutes late, I would say they are innocent and blameless....

It is natural for men to protect women (in a natural normal man) - in a combat military situation, I can see where this could be problematic as well.

concessions for strength tests I have no issue with.
concessions for intelligence, weaponry etc. no. should be the same.

well if you get smacked around for not calling because you were running 10 minutes late, I would say they are innocent and blameless....

Segment on Nancy Grace just last night about a boyfriend whose girlfriend called out the name of her ex during their sex. He murdered her and disembowled her (no he wasn't Muslim hehe.) While not justified it does explain things at least.

If you get hit for being late you got hit for being late. That was the reason. So yes, she would have had blame she's responsible for. Doesn't mean the hit is justified, just means there was a reason.

Segment on Nancy Grace just last night about a boyfriend whose girlfriend called out the name of her ex during their sex. He murdered her and disembowled her (no he wasn't Muslim hehe.) While not justified it does explain things at least.

If you get hit for being late you got hit for being late. That was the reason. So yes, she would have had blame she's responsible for. Doesn't mean the hit is justified, just means there was a reason.

there is a difference for BLAME and REASON.
there is a REASON for everything.
her being late may have warranted a complaint, but, it's not her FAULT (BLAME) that he hit her.
That's 100% on him.

blame is a responsibility for a fault or wrong.
not calling in when running late is not wrong or faulty.

there is a difference for BLAME and REASON.
there is a REASON for everything.
her being late may have warranted a complaint, but, it's not her FAULT (BLAME) that he hit her.
That's 100% on him.

blame is a responsibility for a fault or wrong.
not calling in when running late is not wrong or faulty.

My Mom's been perpetually late for things all my life. Wasn't until her latest beau who complained as well about it that she figured out how to use a clock. Now she's so on-time it throws me off factoring in her prior tardiness. :) While I never hit her for it, there were times a brief fantasy flew through my head. :) Isn't difficult to be on-time. If x factors are invovled like traffic or other variables you simply set out earlier assuming delays. Then when you're early you do whatever while waiting for the time to arrive. And if the variables come to be you're not caught unprepared.

Not referring to your specific example, but to address your question, yes, gender equality is very much just a slogan and rife with double standards.

Forum List

Back