Do we have an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe?

If he was found to be "poaching" then he should definitely face charges. Poaching is a serious crime, and the way this guy did things gives all ethical hunters a really BAD name. I do admit that some of the outrage is a bit wacky though. Let the authorities do their investigation and take care of things.

I don't find the outrage wacky in the least. We have new technology which sends these stories across social media like wildfire and people stop ignoring problems, if only for a moment. It's a shame something like this couldn't have happened before we lost multiple subspecies of rhino.

If the outrage keeps just one of these morons from going on a trip to illegally kill protected wildlife, then it's served a purpose.

If he was found to be "poaching" then he should definitely face charges. Poaching is a serious crime, and the way this guy did things gives all ethical hunters a really BAD name. I do admit that some of the outrage is a bit wacky though. Let the authorities do their investigation and take care of things.

I don't find the outrage wacky in the least. We have new technology which sends these stories across social media like wildfire and people stop ignoring problems, if only for a moment. It's a shame something like this couldn't have happened before we lost multiple subspecies of rhino.

If the outrage keeps just one of these morons from going on a trip to illegally kill protected wildlife, then it's served a purpose.

Well, the thing is we don't really know if what he did was illegal, and releasing the man's personal information to the public is just . . . sleazy thing to do. Also, there are the death threats.

Well, the thing is we don't really know if what he did was illegal, and releasing the man's personal information to the public is just . . . sleazy thing to do. Also, there are the death threats.

Why does one hide from authorities when they have done nothing wrong?

His information wasn't released by anyone, per say. Zimbabwe authorities announced they were looking for help identifying the people responsible and social media did the rest. There was no release of anything by any particular outlet.

Why does one hide from authorities when they have done nothing wrong?

His information wasn't released by anyone, per say. Zimbabwe authorities announced they were looking for help identifying the people responsible and social media did the rest. There was no release of anything by any particular outlet.

I thought he was hiding because he was getting death threats and because his personal information (name, address, telephone number) were all released to the public. How safe would you feel? :D

I don't know whether this man broke any laws or not, although ethically I don't think he did the right thing by killing this particular lion. But, on that note, I don't know the laws in Zimbabwe. :dunno: I know that you actually CAN hunt for lions. I don't know of any of the stipulations though I'm sure a protected animal with a collar is probably off limits. I don't know the laws about whether if that protected animal leaves the protected area, if he is still consider protected. I don't know if luring animals is illegal there. I'm just saying that you cannot hunt humans, even ones you don't like. ;)

The only reason we heard about it is because he's American. Poaching happens daily in those shit holes

The only reason we heard about it is because he's American. Poaching happens daily in those shit holes

I disagree, he's not the only American who has gone over and participated in canned hunts.

I disagree, he's not the only American who has gone over and participated in canned hunts.
Doesn't negate the point of my post.

I don't doubt that. Rich ones anyways. :D

No, your point was that the only reason we heard anything about it was because he is an American. I don't believe it can be oversimplified to that point.

No, your point was that the only reason we heard anything about it was because he is an American. I don't believe it can be oversimplified to that point.
Umm I can't even remember the last bad kill story I heard out of that area despite the fact that they happen daily. I believe my point is solid.

Gotta love the left... killing babies and selling body parts.. cool. Killing a lion, they freak the fuck out.

I've never killed a baby or sold baby parts, but please feel free to keep making ridiculous shit up. Comparing the two is completely asinine.

Welcome to USMB. By the way, get used to that shit...

Ha, thanks. I'm trying. I've come close to throwing things a few times but I'm adjusting. LOL

Ha, thanks. I'm trying. I've come close to throwing things a few times but I'm adjusting. LOL

You will see alot of stupid shit around here that will irritate the crap out of you. Just remember that by and large, the right wing idiots are just waiting for you to get pissed off, so they can duck and and laugh at you for missing. The left wing idiots will take it in the face and say "ouch!" a good 90 seconds later, then will duck anywhere from 5 to 5000 seconds later.

I just heard that they are asking the Obama administration to extradite the hunter of the lion.

DOESN'T MATTER , THE DENTIST SHOULD NOT BE EXTRADITED..

ITS TRULY AMAZING THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TERRORIZED , TORTURED AND MURDERED 90 AMERICANS - 20 CHILDREN - IN WACO TEXAS AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDERED JUST BECAUSE

BUT HERE THE SON-OF-BITCHES ARE PERSECUTING THIS HUNTER.

I just heard that they are asking the Obama administration to extradite the hunter of the lion.

DOESN'T MATTER , THE DENTIST SHOULD NOT BE EXTRADITED..

ITS TRULY AMAZING THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TERRORIZED , TORTURED AND MURDERED 90 AMERICANS - 20 CHILDREN - IN WACO TEXAS AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDERED JUST BECAUSE

BUT HERE THE SON-OF-BITCHES ARE PERSECUTING THIS HUNTER.
Lesson 1. Don't kill protected lions.
Lesson 2. Don't kill federal agents.

That about covers it.

Forum List

Back