Do We Accept "FLY-IN'S"? HEY! I Need my radio SERVICED!

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
But of course we do...ANY way you can get your radio to us...WE will get 'er DONE....

Hello folks...The T here with a rather unusual video...and an illustration of what I do...

I work in the radio biz...NO, I am NOT a "BOSS JOCK" you hear on your FM/AM dial, (Although I used to be back in the 70's before I went active USAF)...but rather...A technician...that works on Public Safety FM Two-way radio...

The kind that YOU might see on *COPS*, or any other program that showcases public safety guys doing their jobs.

COPS have to have a pipeline to talk back to their dispatch...as do Fire-Rescue folks...so the powers that be can know what's going on...even the hospitals have to have a way to communicate between themselves, with the police, and fire-rescue personnel...especially when they are dispatched to come in for a landing to take away hurt/sick folks in an emergency...when SECONDS COUNT.

I am here in this thread to share a bit of what I do.

In this video...you will see One of 4 Helicopters owned by the University Of Florida Medical team known as SHANDS visiting our radio maintenance facility to have their public safety triband radio programmed to reflect the latest changes in systems, frequency, and channels so they can communicate with personnel in 8 Counties in Northeast Florida, but a few as well in Southeastern Georgia.

It is not oft I get to be around for these kind of events at the shop due to being on the road servicing other customers...but this day was special...(because I WAS THERE...I had missed two prior appearances of other birds landing in our yard)...

YEA ME!

I carry three cameras with me at all times for documenting strange and unusual occurrences I may happen upon in my travels. I have a few terrabytes of occupied drive space in my archives over the years to attest to this fact...still and action video shots.

~I digress...

Ah what a day this was, NOT on the road...and a rather unique visitor was to come thrill us with landing and take off prowess I to this day marvel at.

Video is crude, (as is this thread mind you as I am NO journalist), but hey?
I try...Sit back and look at a typical day for a 'Radio Guy'...albeit this one was special...They were with us for about an hour...I recorded the FUN PARTS...landing and take off.

Customer comes calling...UP in the air...Junior birdman...! Say hello to SHANDS...Trauma ONE and the excellent crew, September 16, 2013.

Enjoy...

~T :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzD4-RFHc_k&list=HL1381715796"]SHANDS TRAUMA ONE - YouTube[/ame]

(NOTE: If the second video plays after the Trauma One? That was one that I did for the troops when we were still in Iraq...and ASTAN)...Enjoy that one as well...For another time.

~T :)

Forum List

Back