Do black people not want to get ahead?

B94

Nov 7, 2008
Kansas
Why do some black people call other black people names or make fun of black people that try to get ahead?

Last edited:
Dude worded it quite well. Mine is: Wealth is a state of mind.

Really, fighting against adversity is what makes living things stronger, without the challenges you fail. Perhaps you should point the finger at those who are making it too easy instead, it's more logical.

Why do some black people call other black people names or make fun of black people that try to get ahead?

Some idiots get jealous of others and there are haterade drinkers in every "race," but on the bigger scheme of things black people are most certainly not against other blacks getting ahead.

Some idiots get jealous of others and there are haterade drinkers in every "race," but on the bigger scheme of things black people are most certainly not against other blacks getting ahead.

I hope you are right.

Our society, but I really mean educated.
Now you've really stepped in it.....

Which "society" and "educated" by whose criteria??

Oh, the tangled webs we weave.......

Our society and educated as defined by our society.
Put down the bong you're bumming me out.

Actually, it's a very good point and you have not answered in spite of thinking you did. Society isn't something that is the same for every person, nor is the definition of success or education the same.

Our society and educated as defined by our society.
Could you be just a little more vague??

No, this is as good as it gets. Either you get it or you don't.

Okay, this is society ...

Think of one grain of sand, that grain is society, the world is then the beach stretching across the west coast, that grain of sand could be a city, a county, a neighborhood, a person, a culture, a church, a club ... etc..

Okay, this is society ...

Think of one grain of sand, that grain is society, the world is then the beach stretching across the west coast, that grain of sand could be a city, a county, a neighborhood, a person, a culture, a church, a club ... etc..
Even better....

I cannot borrow from you a bucket of "society", with the promise that I'll pay you back with a barrel of it at the end of the month.

Therefore, "society" is completely up to subjective interpretation.

Last edited:
By reality.
Your "reality" of "success" and that of mine are quite different.

One of my ideas of "success" involves being in a 2" per hour snow storm in Alta, Utah.

Betcha a dollar to a dog turd that your idea of "success" is thousands of miles away from that.

Mine is developing artificial sentience ... or at least living a life that leaves some impression.

You two are PART of the problem. It is a fact of life that black society in the slums has taught whole generations of blacks to NOT get an eductaion, to not work to improve their economic position.

And no, it is not because of the white man keeping them down either. Well ya actually it is, but not the way YOU mean it.

Liberals went out of their way to turn hard working, independent black families into dependent slugs of a welfare State. One reason was for votes and power. And they generally succeeded.

When you spend 50 years giving hand outs and teaching a group of people that hard work, initiative and drive mean nothing and that Big Brother will feed and cloth you and house you as long as you VOTE for the right party... you have done nothing but return those people to a state of SLAVERY. It may be self imposed but that is what it is.

Whole generations going back to 70's have learned the lesson well. Destroy the family, get no education, find no work, let Big Brother take care of you.

Forum List

Back