Do American Conservatives and Libertarians adore dictatorships, totalitarianism?

critical thinking skills lacking?

read the thread starter

Oh shut the fuck up, you don't know jack shit.

Only an ignorant person would attempt to compare libertarians to totalitarianism...

Such a comparison is literally ignorant, and now you want to talk about critical thinking skills???

I call 'em as I see 'em. Now of course reality would dictate knowing what one stands for and what labels mean should have a connection, but...self-described libertarians and conservatives today have been suffering a collective (ahhhh :eek: there's that word!!!) nervous breakdown

You have gotten your ass handed to you by about 5 posters.

LOL

Don't you know? We are going to oppress and control people by allowing them to be free to do as they choose.

Do American Conservatives and Libertarians adore dictatorships, totalitarianism?
Let’s say their dogma is predicated on authoritarianism – conservatives have an intense need to compel others to conform, they detest diversity and dissent, and as reactionaries long for an idealized American past that never really existed in the first place.

They don’t intentionally ‘adore’ dictatorships, but share many similar traits, however inadvertent.

To wit:

“Oh shut the fuck up, you don't know jack shit.”

Telling people they have to buy things isn't authoritarian? Can you explain that?

All Barry needs is one of those funny little totalitarian mustaches for full effect.
you mean like this:
Like Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and Amin?

All Barry needs is one of those funny little totalitarian mustaches for full effect.
you mean like this:
Like Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and Amin?

you mean like this:

bush_hitler02.jpg

Oh shut the fuck up, you don't know jack shit.

Only an ignorant person would attempt to compare libertarians to totalitarianism...

Such a comparison is literally ignorant, and now you want to talk about critical thinking skills???

I call 'em as I see 'em. Now of course reality would dictate knowing what one stands for and what labels mean should have a connection, but...self-described libertarians and conservatives today have been suffering a collective (ahhhh :eek: there's that word!!!) nervous breakdown

Of course libertarians are pissed off, you progressives are destroying - ding ding ding - LIBERTY...

You know as in the root word of libertarian???

Yes libertarians are fed up with all your pussy laws and regulations and the notion the government has the right to regulate an individual..

The real authoritarians are you progressives....

You don't see me telling a person what they can and cannot do - you progressives are doing just that.. Even to the point of having government dictate what foods a person can and cannot eat..

My dearest Imbecilic Idiot, please refrain from lecturing. You do it so poorly.

Progressives and populists are high on my list of next-in-line-4-cattle-cars after conservative nitwits who tend towards Randian Nitwitticy

Is there enough evidence out there to make a legitimate case that American Conservatives and Libertarians hate liberalism so much, they have turned their collective backs on the liberal values that were undoubtedly the foundation, of the United States of America?

let us start by taking a look at a recent thread here @ USMB:
. The incomparable Neal Boortz puts things in proper perspective...

Let's see if we have this right: | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

Here it is impossible to deny the right wing lunatic @ USMB who goes by the anon-nitwit-name The Professor argues the USA should be more like North Korean, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Venezuela, Cuba...

---

We have people like The Professor admiring Americans like Neal Boortz who made his bones with angry America (conservative/libertarian wingnuts) writing speeches for Lester Maddox. Poor Neal, the self-described Libertarian with the education from the then-unaccredited John Marshall Law School

We had the great Conservative hero, the late Senator Jesse Helms with his unbridled support of the regimes: Zimbabwe Rhodesia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, South Africa (the apartheid gov)...

...to be continued...

message to American supporters of Israel: In 1977, Helms was the sole senator to vote against prohibiting American companies from joining the Arab League boycott of Israel,[40] although this was primarily because the bill also relaxed discrimination against communist countries.[41] In 1982, Helms even called for the U.S. to break diplomatic relations with Israel during the 1982 Lebanon War.[42] Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What about the Liberals and Progressives that admire Chavez and Castro?

No liberal admires a dictator. Progressives, conservatives and others do and have.

Let’s say their dogma is predicated on authoritarianism – conservatives have an intense need to compel others to conform, they detest diversity and dissent, and as reactionaries long for an idealized American past that never really existed in the first place.

They don’t intentionally ‘adore’ dictatorships, but share many similar traits, however inadvertent.

To wit:

“Oh shut the fuck up, you don't know jack shit.”
:clap2:

:cool:
dD

Of course libertarians are pissed off, you progressives are destroying - ding ding ding - LIBERTY...

Yes libertarians are fed up with all your pussy laws and regulations and the notion the government has the right to regulate an individual..

You don't see me telling a person what they can and cannot do - you progressives are doing just that.. Even to the point of having government dictate what foods a person can and cannot eat..

Progressives and populists are high on my list of next-in-line-4-cattle-cars after conservative nitwits who tend towards Randian Nitwitticy

Oh go fuck off...

Truth is I could survive without government and you couldn't..

Ever hear of natural selection?

Oh go fuck off...

dopey and moronic,

Polarization also has affected the two parties differently. The Republican Party has drifted much farther to the right than the Democratic Party has drifted to the left. Jacob Hacker, a professor at Yale, whose 2006 book, “Off Center,” documented this trend, told me, citing Poole and Rosenthal’s data on congressional voting records, that, since 1975, “Senate Republicans moved roughly twice as far to the right as Senate Democrats moved to the left” and “House Republicans moved roughly six times as far to the right as House Democrats moved to the left.” In other words, the story of the past few decades is asymmetric polarization.

Two well-known Washington political analysts, Thomas Mann, of the bipartisan Brookings Institution, and Norman Ornstein, of the conservative American Enterprise Institute, agree.

In a forthcoming book about Washington dysfunction, “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks,” they write, “One of our two major parties, the Republicans, has become an insurgent outlier—ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

The Obama Memos: How Washington Remade the President : The New Yorker

The deal is, you don't make the ideal the enemy of the good. If you have to choose between the very bad and the horrible, you go for the lesser evil.

That does not mean the lesser evil is the goal and you support it contrary to all sense. Though one can argue we have done that mistake.

One of the failures of US Foreign policy has been to assume that we are stuck with Hobson's choice. That is not always the case. We may just need to recognize there are more options.

Liberals like to treat each case as if it had no relation to what is going on around it. You either support or oppose this moderately bad with no recognition of what the alternatives are or what the surrounding circumstances are.

There is more to Foreign affairs than just one question in one place. A lot of times when you flip one counter, lots of other counters around it also flip in ways that can cause greater problems than leaving well enough alone

Oh go fuck off...

dopey and moronic,

Polarization also has affected the two parties differently. The Republican Party has drifted much farther to the right than the Democratic Party has drifted to the left. Jacob Hacker, a professor at Yale, whose 2006 book, “Off Center,” documented this trend, told me, citing Poole and Rosenthal’s data on congressional voting records, that, since 1975, “Senate Republicans moved roughly twice as far to the right as Senate Democrats moved to the left” and “House Republicans moved roughly six times as far to the right as House Democrats moved to the left.” In other words, the story of the past few decades is asymmetric polarization.

Two well-known Washington political analysts, Thomas Mann, of the bipartisan Brookings Institution, and Norman Ornstein, of the conservative American Enterprise Institute, agree.

In a forthcoming book about Washington dysfunction, “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks,” they write, “One of our two major parties, the Republicans, has become an insurgent outlier—ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

You offer that quote as though them saying such tripe somehow makes it "right."

The fact of the matter is, they are full of shit.

The Republican Party isn't the engine of change. The Republican Party is part of the problem.

The engine of change lies in the awakening many of us are having over how badly off-course we are.

I keep reading the propaganda of the day which seeks to "define" who and what conservatives are. But it's malarkey.

Conservatives don't seek the status quo. Why would we wish to keep things the "way they are" when the way things are are so fucked up, due to incremental liberal changes, that we have ended up in a very bad place?

Conservatives, properly understood, seek to put things BACK to the way they are SUPPOSED TO BE.

Pontificators can label that effort "ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition." In fact, that's got some truth in it.

If looking to correct our course is considered ideologically extreme, then count me in. If it constitutes being "contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime," then yeah, that's me. I AM contemptuous of the notion that because this is where we've landed, we are obligated to STAY HERE. That's ridiculous. HERE is not a good place. We are in danger of crumbling. We DO in fact need to move. I AM contemptuous of the silly modern American liberalism that takes us here and seeks to move us even further away from where we should be. I DO scorn "compromise" which serves only to solidify the invalid "gains" of the left over these many recent years. You bet your ASS that I am "unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science [sic]," when those "fats" aren't real facts, the evidence has gotten deliberately distorted and the science is fiction. And no. The political opposition is not "legitimate" exactly to the extent that they rebuff the strictures of the Constitutionally imposed limits on government authority and power.

Oh go fuck off...

dopey and moronic,

You offer that quote as though them saying such tripe somehow makes it "right."

The fact of the matter is, they are full of shit.

The Republican Party isn't the engine of change. The Republican Party is part of the problem.

The engine of change lies in the awakening many of us are having over how badly off-course we are.

I keep reading the propaganda of the day which seeks to "define" who and what conservatives are. But it's malarkey.

Conservatives don't seek the status quo. Why would we wish to keep things the "way they are" when the way things are are so fucked up, due to incremental liberal changes, that we have ended up in a very bad place?

Conservatives, properly understood, seek to put things BACK to the way they are SUPPOSED TO BE.

Pontificators can label that effort "ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition." In fact, that's got some truth in it.

If looking to correct our course is considered ideologically extreme, then count me in. If it constitutes being "contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime," then yeah, that's me. I AM contemptuous of the notion that because this is where we've landed, we are obligated to STAY HERE. That's ridiculous. HERE is not a good place. We are in danger of crumbling. We DO in fact need to move. I AM contemptuous of the silly modern American liberalism that takes us here and seeks to move us even further away from where we should be. I DO scorn "compromise" which serves only to solidify the invalid "gains" of the left over these many recent years. You bet your ASS that I am "unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science [sic]," when those "fats" aren't real facts, the evidence has gotten deliberately distorted and the science is fiction. And no. The political opposition is not "legitimate" exactly to the extent that they rebuff the strictures of the Constitutionally imposed limits on government authority and power.

Words like progressive, liberal, conservative, libertarian authoritarian, and totalitarian are too difficult for many to rationalize.

Our union based education system does a great job...

This is why progressives call themselves "liberals" and believe it too.

Of course little olde me is in the corner laughing and pointing fingers....

Last edited:

Is there enough evidence out there to make a legitimate case that American Conservatives and Libertarians hate liberalism so much, they have turned their collective backs on the liberal values that were undoubtedly the foundation, of the United States of America?

let us start by taking a look at a recent thread here @ USMB:

Here it is impossible to deny the right wing lunatic @ USMB who goes by the anon-nitwit-name The Professor argues the USA should be more like North Korean, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Venezuela, Cuba...

---

We have people like The Professor admiring Americans like Neal Boortz who made his bones with angry America (conservative/libertarian wingnuts) writing speeches for Lester Maddox. Poor Neal, the self-described Libertarian with the education from the then-unaccredited John Marshall Law School

We had the great Conservative hero, the late Senator Jesse Helms with his unbridled support of the regimes: Zimbabwe Rhodesia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, South Africa (the apartheid gov)...

...to be continued...

What about the Liberals and Progressives that admire Chavez and Castro?

No liberal admires a dictator. Progressives, conservatives and others do and have.

I guess you get to tell people they aren't liberals now.

Liberals are conservative totalitarians really just "authoritarians?"

Oh it is just a joke... I'm a comedian that is why I can say that Nancy Pelosi is a whore, or a riddle...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back