Did we forget something?

When has gov't ever picked winners in technology or businesses to support? Never. Get gov't out of the research business. Get it out of the education business. Get it out of the agriculture business. And get it the hell out of the housing business.

You know that the Government lead NASA.

And you know what NASA has created? Thousands of technologies.

Technologies that you use every day, in the medical field, for rescue, for protection, etc.

Scratch Resistent Lenses
Freeze dried food
Athletic shoes
CAT and MRI
Thermal suits
Cordless power tools
LED's
Prostetic limbs
UV protection
Artificial organs
Insulation
The list goes on...

Agreed. I think construction would be a great thing. We could fix/widen our roads, implement better communications, manufacture housing, and put the manufacture of green technologies into OVERDRIVE.
We could lead the world in innovation again.
Space exploration and technologies can be expanded vastly.
We can explore the oceans and mysteries of the earth.
Sounds like the perfect job for Al Gore to provide leadership. .. :cool:

Al gore did ALOT of preaching, but yet he did not practice what he preached.
Look at his energy and water bills. :eek:

Economy?
Getting domestic issues dealt with?
Budget?

I like how all of you go "OBAMA BLAH BLAH" when the whole forum won't stop jacking their dicks off at the ruling over someone's death. It shows how much you guys really care about our politics and finding some way to hate on any Democrat.

Democrats aren't any good, too. But you guys are setting a horrible example. ;)

I think we should start getting people off of welfare into jobs. These jobs should be a huge increase in infrastructure, science and tech funding. This would help our economy greatly...

Secondly, I feel that we need to consider a way to become more business friendly as a nation.

and where are we going get all the money for that?

From our budget.

Once we make cuts and tax everyone fairly, of course. (Means all aid to other countries will be stopped)

I feel it is more of a balance.... Government should fund R@D that advances society and keeps this nation on top, but must do that through private corporations.

NO! STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR!

Didn't you learn from Solyndria? What about the pathetic excuses called the "Commercial Space Industry"?

The thing is that with the private sector, your tax $$$ aren't being spent efficiently. You have to deal with corruption, greed, etc. Hell, don't you fucking pay attnetion when a corporation or company is about to go under yet all the executives and CEOs are still giving themselves $100k+ pay raises, effectively killing the budget, screwing over thousands upon thousands of jobs, and effectively killing the business?

Not even 1% of our budget is spent on NASA and yet we can still get much much more results than putting 25% of our budget into the private market. Plus, don't forget the technologies that NASA created. They let any company freely use those technologies in a way that promotes competition and capitalism.

Economy?
Getting domestic issues dealt with?
Budget?

I like how all of you go "OBAMA BLAH BLAH" when the whole forum won't stop jacking their dicks off at the ruling over someone's death. It shows how much you guys really care about our politics and finding some way to hate on any Democrat.

Democrats aren't any good, too. But you guys are setting a horrible example. ;)

I think we should start getting people off of welfare into jobs. These jobs should be a huge increase in infrastructure, science and tech funding. This would help our economy greatly...

Secondly, I feel that we need to consider a way to become more business friendly as a nation.

The same place FDR and Eisenhower got it.

Obabble is dead on all issues...the man is a failure.

lol! Who is the Loser here dude? The white cons said they would do whatever is takes, and they are winning. Are you? Is America? How fking stupid!!:cuckoo:

When has gov't ever picked winners in technology or businesses to support? Never. Get gov't out of the research business. Get it out of the education business. Get it out of the agriculture business. And get it the hell out of the housing business.

Clean coal tech would be a winner. If Obama extended such funding as he did in all those failed "green" projects, it would put people to work on an actually worthwhile endeavor.

If coal companies had some tax and regulatory relief that would develop it on their own. No govt money needed.

Nah, tax cuts don't do chit, and neither does de-regulation.

Clean coal tech would be a winner. If Obama extended such funding as he did in all those failed "green" projects, it would put people to work on an actually worthwhile endeavor.

If coal companies had some tax and regulatory relief that would develop it on their own. No govt money needed.

Nah, tax cuts don't do chit, and neither does de-regulation.

Yeah. The private sector will do anything it can to post it's biggest profit through screwing their employees and putting more people into welfare and poverty.

then f***off.
it is not going to HAPPEN.
lower tax rates and throw those paralyzing regulations that strangle any business activity in the last 4 years - and then it might happen

it looks like YOU forgot something - we have a democrat in the WH and a democrat-dominated senate.

so biting them is not only justified but needed.

but for a libtard it is obviously beyond understanding

omg! it's the end of the world!

Why not just work with them to make progress?
Sure. Begin by working with the Republicans. There are over 40 House bills sitting on Harry Reids desk, awaiting a vote.

Let say you start a letter writing campaign urging him to move those bills forward.

We could really use that budget voted on and passed, don't you think?

then f***off.
it is not going to HAPPEN.
lower tax rates and throw those paralyzing regulations that strangle any business activity in the last 4 years - and then it might happen

Yeah, we did that. And then we did LOTS of bailouts.
Nice try, but it aint working twice.

Forum List

Back