Did Washington make money from being President ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Trump seems to think so.
I cant help but feel that he is wrong here.
However, at the time Politifact found there existed “conflicting interpretations” of Washington’s business activities in the office. While “there’s no question that Mount Vernon, Washington’s plantation, was an ongoing business concern during his presidency”, however, there isn’t “solid documentation” to prove that he sold agricultural goods to governments or foreign entities, Josh Blackman, a law professor at the South Texas College of Law in Houston told the outlet.

This seems very different to foreign govts pushing businesss Trumps way in order to curry favour.

Trump seems to think so.
However, at the time Politifact found there existed “conflicting interpretations” of Washington’s business activities in the office. While “there’s no question that Mount Vernon, Washington’s plantation, was an ongoing business concern during his presidency”, however, there isn’t “solid documentation” to prove that he sold agricultural goods to governments or foreign entities, Josh Blackman, a law professor at the South Texas College of Law in Houston told the outlet.

This seems very different to foreign govts pushing businesss Trumps way in order to curry favour.

What governments were pushing businesses in Trump's favor?

Trump has investments worldwide. There is nothing wrong with that.

:heehee:
If you write a book, you don’t get the list price of every book that is sold
Most go to the publisher
If Obama gets 10 percent of sales, you are bitching about $7,900 vs the millions Trump was getting from foreign governments

Most go to the publisher
If Obama gets 10 percent of sales, you are bitching about $7,900 vs the millions Trump was getting from foreign governments
What governments?

Most go to the publisher
His own admin bought his books.
But that means nothing to you hacks. No, lets focus on the fat orange man owning nice hotels.

The thread is about Washington. My belief is that trump is using George as cover to legitimise his money grabbing activities.
Nobody seems to be able to disprove that.

What I remember from the Trump's years is that he was bitching about trade with China, that it was unfair and the like. Additional tariffs were put in place at the wake of it, though they backfired on American customers eventually.

The thread is about Washington. My belief is that trump is using George as cover to legitimise his money grabbing activities.
Nobody seems to be able to disprove that.
Biden and his son with Burisma; fon der Leyen and big pharma at the pandemic times. So..

Trump seems to think so.

Politifact?

Forum List

Back