Did Libya attack the USA? Did Congress approve Obama's War?

Time to Impeach President Oprah.
No, they didn't attack us. No, Congress didn't approve.

But chill out man. He's black, it's aight!
I am confused. we invaded Iraq for humanitarian reasons, saving millions from a murderous madman, creating a Democracy, giving women the right to vote in a Muslim country and democrats went bizerk screaming for impeachment, screaming the war was illegal....but now...it is different because a black democrat is killing illegally?
Um, yeah dude. Get with the modern times:

White GOP President bombs ME nation: Fascist doing it for oil.
Black Dem President bombs ME nation: Caring, humanitarian mission.

See how that works?
- "President Oprah"

- "But chill out man. He's black, it's aight!"

- "... it is different because a black democrat is killing illegally?"

- "White GOP President bombs ME nation: Fascist doing it for oil.
Black Dem President bombs ME nation: Caring, humanitarian mission.
See how that works?"

"JIM CROW"
in
21stC America
is
still alive and well!

Last edited:
And now they're sending in the Drones to kill more Libyans. Look at all the War Mongers celebrating. These people are ghoulish & misguided. How sad.

ron paul is an idiot .

I disagree. The idiots are the ones who are running our country. This Libyan War is a tragic debacle. There are no valid reasons for us to be bombing & killing Libyans. It was their Civil War. Why are we killing any Libyans? Aren't Two Wars enough? Did we really need a Third? Can we even afford it? These are the questions all Americans should be asking. Dr. Paul is far from being an idiot. He's the only Politician even worth listening to at this point.

If you're going to spend the time to create an entire thread about something, check your facts first. If you hear something from someone partisan, you have to confirm it from someplace neutral or at least respectable before you start spreading it.

So let me see here. War powers resolution. Wikipedia should be able to handle this one. Yep, second paragraph.

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war.

This is shenanigans. Before Obama starts bombing Libya, all the Republicans are like "why don't you bomb Libya? We want you to bomb Libya. You're making a big mistake if you don't bomb Libya! The sooner the better."

So then Obama bombs Libya. But he doesn't just do it. First he actually manages to get the Security Council to pass a resolution. I'm amazed that he pulled that off. And it took a little bit of time. But soon he started bombing Libya, just like the Republicans wanted. And then suddenly they're like "wait, we didn't authorize you to do that! What the hell do you think you're doing you damn fascist!"

And you'll just lap this shit up because you were just looking for a reason to complain about Obama in the first place.

The Bush Administration declared the "wrong war" at the "wrong time," and now our conservative "friends" are attempting to equate all international condlicts with Iraq.

They prefer to gloss over the fact that the objective in Libya was to prevent widespread massacre of civilians, not finding WMDs, AND that this limited mission resulted in 0 American deaths and 0 injured - as opposed to 4,444 American deaths and 32,051 injured (20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries) in Iraq!

The figure of 32,051 total injured in Iraq does not include the 1000's of American military personnel returning with psychological injuries.

http://usliberals.about.com/od/homelandsecurit1/a/IraqNumbers.htm

Last edited:
This Libyan War is unjust and illegal. And shame on all cheerleading War Mongers. Aren't two Wars enough? Did we really need a third? How the Hell are we paying for this War? On the backs of our children's children's children i guess. How sad.

I am confused. we invaded Iraq for humanitarian reasons, saving millions from a murderous madman, creating a Democracy, giving women the right to vote in a Muslim country and democrats went bizerk screaming for impeachment, screaming the war was illegal....but now...it is different because a black democrat is killing illegally?

Dumb ass. Bush stated that WMD was the reason for invading Iraq. Then, after the blood was shed, we find out that it was all a lie. And there were no Iraqis in the street fighting against Hussein.

In Libya, the people of Libya are fighting Kadafi. And we just kind of evened the match a little. No troops there to occupy, and what they do with their revolution is up to them.

Here is Bush's speech declaring operations beginning in Iraq. I don't hear much about WMD here. Looks like you're the victim of a left-wing disinformation campaign.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOCIfNQXP0]YouTube - President Bush Announcing Invasion of Iraq[/ame]

The Bush Administration declared the "wrong war" at the "wrong time," and now our conservative "friends" are attempting to equate all international condlicts with Iraq.

They prefer to gloss over the fact that the objective in Libya was to prevent widespread massacre of civilians, not finding WMDs, AND that this limited mission resulted in 0 American deaths and 0 injured - as opposed to 4,444 American deaths and 32,051 injured (20% of which are serious brain or spinal injuries) in Iraq!

The figure of 32,051 total injured in Iraq does not include the 1000's of American military personnel returning with psychological injuries.

Iraq War Facts, Statistics at March 31, 2011 - Iraq War Casualties, Spending

The Iraq war has achieved every objective we declared going in.
What has the Libyan campaign achieved? Oh yeah, there never were any objectives. Just higher poll numbers.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I needed that on a monday morning. We invaded Iraq because our politicians are such nice guys trying to save the world!!!!!

But on a serious note Libya is the same as Iraq, a war started that has absolutely nothing to do with defending America and everything to do with oil.

Now all the stupid War Mongers are gloating about the U.S. and Allies trying to kill Gaddafi. So much for that "Anti-War Left." They're the biggest cheerleading War Mongers for this Libyan mess. Oh well,just another sad scam i guess.

Forum List

Back