Did Israel use a worm to take out Iranian Nuclear Centerfuge

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Is Israel Behind Sabotage of Iran's Nuclear Centrifuges?

A computer worm has impaired the functioning of Iran's nuclear centrifuges, fueling speculation that it was a deliberate cyber attack and that Israel is behind it. The New York Times reports:

The paternity of the worm is still in dispute, but in recent weeks officials from Israel have broken into wide smiles when asked whether Israel was behind the attack, or knew who was. American officials have suggested it originated abroad.

The new forensic work narrows the range of targets and deciphers the worm’s plan of attack. Computer analysts say Stuxnet does its damage by making quick changes in the rotational speed of motors, shifting them rapidly up and down.

Changing the speed “sabotages the normal operation of the industrial control process,” Eric Chien, a researcher at the computer security company Symantec, wrote in a blog post.

Those fluctuations, nuclear analysts said in response to the report, are a recipe for disaster among the thousands of centrifuges spinning in Iran to enrich uranium, which can fuel reactors or bombs. Rapid changes can cause them to blow apart. Reports issued by international inspectors reveal that Iran has experienced many problems keeping its centrifuges running

Last edited:
Good God I hope so....If your looking for a country who has the balls to defend itself it's Israel.If you're looking for a country who defends it's borders the United States would have to rank way near the bottom.

Good God I hope so....If your looking for a country who has the balls to defend itself it's Israel.If you're looking for a country who defends it's borders the United States would have to rank way near the bottom.

Are you suggesting a Mexican worm?

Don't they already have that in tequilla?

I have read reports on that thing. It had to be built by a government of some kind.

I am sure Israel could do a lot worse than Stuxnet if they tried. Given how much the world depends on computers, something like Stuxnet could send a country back into the stone age a lot more effectively than any number of nukes.

Forum List

Back