DHS issues a semi-travel ban

TheAmerican

May 4, 2014
Ok, we are getting there.

The issue that I have here, although there is a check in point, they could easily (I am assuming) hop on another flight to go to other cities.

In my humble opinion, not banning travel is costing the American people millions in dollars:

(a) Closing of places of businesses for suspected ebola cases - loss of revenue
(b) Paying for employees that have to be quarantined because of possible transmission - sending staff home for 21 days / loss of time for small business owners
(c) Closing schools / impairing children's school year
(d) Security / Quarantined Security / reallocating resources

I still say that this would be a better plan:

(a) Temporary suspend visas (Rubio and a lot of others thought of this, love it!)
(b) Port those connecting - 21 days in connecting countries / support medic team could be there (once cleared then they can come here
(c) Screen there - 21 days before allowing them to leave

DHS requires West Africa travelers to arrive at five airports

Americans are irrational. Nothing proves it like a good plague story. Let me see, in recent years we have been on the verge of human extinction by mad cow, MRSA (which now are just a billion superbugs), bird flu, swine flu, Ebola....nothing like a good doomsday story to sell copy.

Americans are irrational. Nothing proves it like a good plague story. Let me see, in recent years we have been on the verge of human extinction by mad cow, MRSA (which now are just a billion superbugs), bird flu, swine flu, Ebola....nothing like a good doomsday story to sell copy.

Actually, I guess Africans are irrational too because they are the first ones that issued a travel ban to get a hold of Ebola - something that they are/were more versed in than us. I guess Mexicans are irrational - issued a stop port. Belize is irrational. Jamaicans are irrational..who else? Saudi Arabia - must be irrational. Let's not forget when the ban was issued to stop those from taking the pilgrimage to Mecca - those irrational goats...

No. What's irrational is expecting Americans to do what no one else is willing to do: self protect

Actually, I guess Africans are irrational too because they are the first ones that issued a travel ban to get a hold of Ebola - something that they are/were more versed in than us. I guess Mexicans are irrational - issued a stop port. Belize is irrational. Jamaicans are irrational..who else? Saudi Arabia - must be irrational. Let's not forget when the ban was issued to stop those from taking the pilgrimage to Mecca - those irrational goats...

No. What's irrational is expecting Americans to do what no one else is willing to do: self protect
yeah you list things other countries did and then say america is doing what no other country is willing to do by doing the same thing as other countries. That is so rational it should be put in the dictionary or something as an example :blahblah:

Ok, we are getting there.

The issue that I have here, although there is a check in point, they could easily (I am assuming) hop on another flight to go to other cities.

In my humble opinion, not banning travel is costing the American people millions in dollars:

(a) Closing of places of businesses for suspected ebola cases - loss of revenue
(b) Paying for employees that have to be quarantined because of possible transmission - sending staff home for 21 days / loss of time for small business owners
(c) Closing schools / impairing children's school year
(d) Security / Quarantined Security / reallocating resources

I still say that this would be a better plan:

(a) Temporary suspend visas (Rubio and a lot of others thought of this, love it!)
(b) Port those connecting - 21 days in connecting countries / support medic team could be there (once cleared then they can come here
(c) Screen there - 21 days before allowing them to leave

DHS requires West Africa travelers to arrive at five airports
The plan is basically short sighted. It will encourage people in the west African countries to travel to other countries which aren't as prepared as the US is to deal with possible carriers of the virus. If this virus spreads throughout Africa, Europe, and Asia it will spread to the US. The best course of action is to fight the virus in the west African countries. If we don't, we're going to be fighting it through the US.

If we shut down travel, then Europe shuts them down, China shuts them down, and then you have a massive economic problem on top of the health risks. The problem is that there really is no way to enforce a 100% travel ban without enforcing a commercial ban as well – otherwise you still have human transit.

Before we ban travel from these countries we should give the enhanced screening a chance to work. There has been only one person from those countries enter the US with the disease and that was before we started the screening.

Forum List

Back