Deutsche Bahn hails 9-euro public transport ticket

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Its been a massive success and tempted many to leave their cars at home. germany has a nationalised train service so is able to pursue progressive policies.

The UK trains are privately owned and offer a shit service that is subsidised by public money. Nationalise our trains.

Deutschland Uber Alles !!!!

You know, one of the more impressive mass transit systems that I've seen here in the US was in Baltimore MD. We went there for an overhaul period, and there were lots of us who didn't bring vehicles because of various reasons. We were wondering how we would get around as the place we were staying at was way out in the 'burbs, away from anything interesting to do off duty. Well, found out there was a train station with a self serve kiosk that you could buy tickets at. 2.00/day (less if you bought a weekly or monthly ticket) would get you access to travel on the train system and the bus system for the whole day. All you had to do was show your pass that you'd bought from the kiosk, and it would allow you to ride until midnight. Then, all you had to do was buy another pass at most bus stops and train stations, and you were able to go for another day. And, best part, if you had a bicycle (I did), you were able to bring it on either the train or the bus with you, and you had transportation to other places.

The thought of riding around with smelly fatfucks would make me suicidal.

Thank you Lord for making me a Texan. You have my undying gratitude.

You know, one of the more impressive mass transit systems that I've seen here in the US was in Baltimore MD. We went there for an overhaul period, and there were lots of us who didn't bring vehicles because of various reasons. We were wondering how we would get around as the place we were staying at was way out in the 'burbs, away from anything interesting to do off duty. Well, found out there was a train station with a self serve kiosk that you could buy tickets at. 2.00/day (less if you bought a weekly or monthly ticket) would get you access to travel on the train system and the bus system for the whole day. All you had to do was show your pass that you'd bought from the kiosk, and it would allow you to ride until midnight. Then, all you had to do was buy another pass at most bus stops and train stations, and you were able to go for another day. And, best part, if you had a bicycle (I did), you were able to bring it on either the train or the bus with you, and you had transportation to other places.
If you get the chance try out Paris and Moscow.(maybe not for a while). the Rome Metro was a bit smelly and dirty.
Nobody living in a major city should need to own a car. But that needs govt intervention.

nb Best trains in the world are in Switzerland. Double decker trains glide you through the Alps. Sublime.

Forum List

Back