Desperate Demos

Dean referred to the videotape when asked whether he was linking U.S. troops in Iraq to the deaths in Spain.

"That was what they said in the tape," Dean said. "They made that connection, I'm simply repeating it."

During the primary race Dean also "repeated" a claim that Bush was aware of the 9/11 attacks before they happened. He did not say he believed that claim only that it was an interesting theory.
What a shmuck!! So can any outlandish tinfoil hat scheme that comes along be "only repeated" by Dean?

"Oh no I'm not saying that, I'm only repeating what others have said"

And he is speaking in support of Kerry, whoa, Kerry has enough trouble to deal with on his own. He doesn't need a plate full of Dean as well.

Dean will make this election interesting if nothing else.. the best thing the Democrats could do with Dean is send him and his wife to a remote island till the election is over...between Al gore and Dizzy Dean poor Kerry is doomed from the gitgo.....the onnly way Kerry is going is down....

Yup, and he has the Hillary factor to deal with also. That poor guy is getting from all angles. But at least he goes home to Ms Heinz.:whip: :D

on the one hand, his statement reflects what the video tape said:

European intelligence agencies are trying to identify a purported al-Qaida operative who claimed in a videotape that the group carried out the bombings to punish Spain for backing of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

And since Bush led the charge to war, he has some responsibility for reactions to that act. This responsibility may be outweiged by the benefits of the war such as the freeing of iraq. It was brought up numerous times that the war would likely incite more terrorist activity and this seems to bear that out.

On the other hand, this is a war of a new kind with the terrorists (iraq aside). You can't really blame bush directly for the fact that our declared enemy is fighting back. However right or wrong a group is, they beleive they are right and so they can reasonably be expected to retalliate.

On the third hand (poetic license), what this incident is mostly, is another example of an intelligence failure. this time on Spain's part (mostly):
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...40317/ap_on_re_eu/spain_tracking_terrorists_3

I'd be quite interested in a list of attacks that had been prevented. They say they can't release that sort of information for security reasons which makes some sense, but that doesn't stop me from being curious on that point.

Forum List

Back