Deported man may be Houston-born citizen

Hey, crap happens. Look at the bright side - he will now sue Texas, get a big bundle of money and be very happy.....ho-hum.

I know you probably hate Texas, but they are not at fault here. If he gets a ton of money out of this, it will be from the Feds.

I have nothing against Texas - but - we have 'ambulance chasers ' as lawyers who get hold of these type of goof-ups and run with it. It matters not where the money comes from as long as it comes their way......

There is a lot more to the story they let the other guy go who was with this man -- the one who did not speak english at all, the one who was without any ID according to the story. Somehow they verified that man and allowed him to leave after he paid his bail.

Capt. Joe R. Martinez said he pulled Pompa over because the passenger, Delgado, was not wearing a seat belt. Martinez said he asked Pompa for a driver's license, but he did not have one. He also did not speak English, Martinez said.

Martinez said he asked the Border Patrol for help to identify the brothers.

Martinez said he booked Pompa into the county jail for driving without a license, and the Border Patrol took Delgado into immigration custody. Martinez said Pompa was released from jail after posting bail after jailers were told by federal officials that he is a U.S. citizen.

Deported man may be Houston-born | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Hey, crap happens. Look at the bright side - he will now sue Texas, get a big bundle of money and be very happy.....ho-hum.

I know you probably hate Texas, but they are not at fault here. If he gets a ton of money out of this, it will be from the Feds.

I have nothing against Texas - but - we have 'ambulance chasers ' as lawyers who get hold of these type of goof-ups and run with it. It matters not where the money comes from as long as it comes their way......

I will agree with that, which is why we need to get some real tort reform done. I don't know if this guy will actually have a case though, all a US citizen has to say when ICE stops them is US citizen. They are pretty much required to accept anyone's word on it. It is when you show them ID and act a little suspicious that they can hold you forever.

Forum List

Back